December 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

Arguably the best drugstore eye make-up remover I've tried - nongreasy, gentle yet effective and thorough. I should probably up this to a 5 (since I can't give this a 4.5) but I love Avon's and Clarins' eye make-up removers so much and this isn't up to par with those. But if I needed to get an eye make-up remover from the drugstore really quickly, I'd probably go w/ this or the Almay pads (which also has its good and bad points)...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by kittenpie007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best eye makeup remover- I love how it's creamy, not oily! it removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner easily, without tugging at my eye area. And the reason it's so much better than the oily ones? This leaves abolsutely no film or residue, so my eyes fell really clean afterwards. I also really love the new packaging- the flip top is great, so much better than the screw cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by EvelynK

This product is a great money-saver. It doesn't leave the skin oily or get in your eyes. There is no irritating fragrance and it gets my makeup off well. It's half or a third of the cost of department store eye makeup remover. I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am on the fence on this product. For me, it doesn't take off eye makeup really well. I am not sure if its because of the crappy eyeliner that I used, or if its the product. I don't like the tube it comes in, it runs right out of the tube, and then all over the side of it; or on my vanity table. The smell is pleasant, and it doesn't sting my eyes...but I think it doesn't perform that well for me and I think there are better eye makeup removers out there.
I don't think I will be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 10:19:00 AM More reviews by marcyleigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for years...occasionally trying another eye makeup remover whenever I'd run out of this. But I always come back, because it's the best!
It's a gentle lotion consistency and really does a great job of getting the makeup off without leaving a greasy residue or irritating my eyes. It leaves my eye area feeling soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to see that this burned some MUA'ers eyes. I thought I had the most sensitive eyes on the planet; Clinique, Physicians Formula, etc... all burn my eyes & skin.

But for some reason, this is the most gentle remover I've ever used!! I do take care in general to not get remover in my eyes... but this one doesn't sting much at all (if any).

For the price, this can't be beat. I'll be swapping away my other removers.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

have found that this is most effective when squeezed on to a washcloth, then rubbed over skin. applying it straight to the skin was rather worthless, as it's the removing of it with a towel that actually takes off the makeup. it effectively removes my fluidline and shu basic, which is difficult to get off, and i use it on the rest of my face because the kevyn aucoin sse doesn't come off without a waterproof remover. no greasy film, comes off very clean. still prefer the waterproof remover from sephora but this is working well as an alternative.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by ScarletStarlet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's pretty decent. I'll outline the pros and cons:

Pros: Removes make up pretty well, is cheap (hence why I bought it, really).

Cons: Stings if you get it in your eyes (which I now try really hard not to because bloody hell it BURNS), doesn't take off waterproof mascara (in the end you'll just get frustrated, and take off a minimal amount of make up and lose a lot of eyelashes), and the packaging isn't the greatest (if you leave it on the counter with the top screwed off, it'll spill out, which is highly annoying).

With all the cons, I'm not sure why I didn't give it a worse review, but it's probably because the cons are really minor things, and it still does a pretty decent job at taking off normal make up. Would I repurchase? Probably not, but that's because I like trying new things.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2005 1:00:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm super picky when it comes to eye makeup remover. I've tried tons of different brands and most of them are either too harsh, too greasy or not effective enough. This one from Nivea is a little above average but not perfect alas.

I like the creamy texture, it's gentle, not oily and won't leave a residue over my eyelids. Plus it doesn't burn or sting my eyes, and doesn't dry out the sensitive eye area. And it's fairly priced (approximately 7$ in Canada). However it doesn't remove all my mascara (and I don't even use waterproof mascara). I will probably purchase it again, until I find my HG eye make-up remover. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by betynka1

This creeps into your eyes and stings. I do not reccommend it at all. Not wanting to spend the money on HG Lancome eye makeup remover, I've tried Mary Kaye's and it's good.