Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 9/20/2012 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm no 20 years old but I have been in love with this perfume since I was 13 years old. Britney Spears definitely knows what she's doing when it comes to doing fragrances. This one and Midnight Fantasy are on my list of all time favorite fragrances. Fantasy is a very sweet, baked goods kind of scent. It's also a little bit fruity and a little bit floral but honestly, it's mostly sugar sweet more than anything. Some of the notes are kiwi, white chocolate, cupcake, lychee, orchid and musk. When I first spray it I get the kiwi and the lychee but after those top notes go away I smell the amazing cupcake and white chocolate notes and for me those are what stick with me throughout the whole day. It's a very youthful scent but it's not as sickening as Aquolina Pink Sugar (which I can't stand). The lasting power is amazing! If you spray it on your pulse points and on your clothing it will last you all day. I sprayed some on my jacket this morning at 10:00 and I can still smell it now at 7:00. You don't want to spray too much though because it might give you a bit of a headache cause it is quite strong. It's one of my cheapest perfumes but it has the best lasting power out of all of them. I'm older now but I still love wearing this perfume! It's too artificial like those cotton candy body sprays so it's not too young for me yet I don't think. Obviously I can't see like a 40 year old wearing it but I think girls from the ages of 13-25 would be okay with this. I will forever love this perfume. Also check out Hidden Fantasy!

on 9/8/2012 9:58:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I am not into sickly sweet perfumes but this one is quite balanced sweetness. If you ever tried katey perry Meow, this fragrance is very similar to Meow. Fantasy opening isn't as beautiful as Meow but the dry down after 30 minutes or so is way better than Meow. Meow has a more burned rancid cotton candy dry down. I don't find this fragrant cloying like many sweet over the top perfumes such as Pink Sugar. Fantasy has decent staying power about 6-8 hours. Watch out if you're on a diet. This perfume smells like a bakery store and will induced sweets cravings and massive eating binge. There will be urges to go get a cup cake dough nut cookie and other wonderful creamy pastries when you are wearing Fantasy. You might even attract a few cops.

on 9/6/2012 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've known about this perfume for a long time, since I was about 16. I always thought it had a nice smell but because I was meant to be "emo" I refused to be associated with Britney Spears.
Now I am 21 and well past that stage of my life, judging scents by the singer behind it was stupid.
I bought a 50mL bottle of this yesterday from Farmers for $49 NZ on a sale down from $109. (I'm very jealous of how little other countires pay for this!!!)
Anyway despite the other reviews saying how common and teenage this is, I adore it. No-one I know has this nor have I been smelling it on strangers walking by. The bottle is just gorgeous and even the box is too cute to throw out!
On my skin and clothes it smells sweet like warm cupcakes and lasts for hours!
Perfume is always a gamble if you buy online, make sure to smell this in person and let it sit on your skin before deciding! I will re purchase when it goes on sale again although I may buy another bottle before this sale ends just because I know I'm going to motor my way through it :)

on 8/15/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

OK, mea culpa, me likey - after years of avoidance and prejudice. A little too fruity at the outset, but the drydown is warm, comforting and kinda sexy. It's got some irresistible musk friendliness and, on me at any rate, isn't over-the-top crazy sweet (like Midnight F.). Too cute to kick out of bed.

on 7/26/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this perfume when I was 17 and I loved it. I recently (6 years later) pulled the bottle out again and sprayed it on - I now cannot stand it! It is super sweet, smells like sugar / cupcakes and really sickly. It's really strong you can smell it as soon as a person walks into a room while wearing it. I think its definitely a perfume for teenagers, and I now prefer more classic scents. The bottle is very cute though.

on 7/24/2012 4:11:00 AM

favorite perfume of all time. ill go through hundreds of bottles b4 i die prolly. i<3britney and i<3 all her perfumes. amazing cutest packaging ever

i actually purcheased this from shoppers drugmart for 60.00 for a purfume its a little bit overpriced was never a huge fan of sweet purfumes but this one totally got my attention when first applied its very spicey i think and when it settles its very sweet almost like cotton candy and cupcakes i dont know its just me but i also get a hint of chocolate.

overall, i really like this purfume i get alot of compliments on it. im already on my second bottle.

the bottle itself is really cute i like how it looks like a potion bottle.

on 7/15/2012 4:21:00 PM

I LOVE this perfume!!!!
I am 18 and have worn about 10 different perfumes in my lifetime and this is the only one I will buy again.
There are many things I love about this perfume:
- The scent: It smells wonderful!! There is definitely some vanilla but also something fruity as well. I have gotten so many compliments on this. People at school, baristas at starbucks, as well as many others have complimented me on this or asked what it was and that has never happened with any other perfume i have worn. It is also quite complex.
- The strength: I often have issues with perfumes being to weak to smell. It's funny because this is the cheapest perfume I have ever purchased and it lasts the longest.
- The price: This perfume is priced very well. As I said before it is the cheapest perfume I have ever purchased and it is well worth it.

This perfume is more suited to younger people as it is quite sweet and youthful and not really mature. It is a good everyday perfume and maybe not suited for a fancy evening event.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm sorry, but I'm really not a fan of this perfume. It is so obvious when someone is wearing it, and it screams out "I bought this on special for $15 at a drugstore". I do think the staying power is fantastic, but I find it a bit too strong, and like I said, so many people wear this. I do think that the packaging is absolutely beautiful though. It was good stuff back in the day..but it's just too common nowdays.

on 7/3/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff. For years I had known of people who had worn it, and I always thought to myself how good it smelt. I saw a bottle of it in Ross for around $16, so I finally gave in and purchased it! Initially it smells spicy and almost sugary. It dries down nicely to a cotton candy/white chocolate scent. The staying power is awesome and I always feel so comforted when I wear this fragrance. Gorgeous bottle too!

Popular Fragrances