September 17, 2014 | 475 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok foundation. I find that I prefer my drugstore foundation(nuetrogena healthy skin) over this. Not much more to say but that its alright. Lol won't buy again. :-/

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by kh0lick

For reference, I am about NW25 in Mac, Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay, Sand in Estee Lauder Double Wear and I use this in a Buff 6 (W).

This foundation is very lightweight, doesn't feel like I have anything on. But I have to give this a 4/5 as I've noticed that after about 5-6 hours the foundation around my t-zone starts sliding off. Whereas with EL DW, it pretty much stays on my entire face all day (we're talking like 10+ hours). I'm not sure if I was just having a super oily day but in terms of staying power, it's about the same as colorstay but not comparable to double wear.

The packaging is great, it has a lovely pump. I usually use about one full pump to cover my entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried. Its 14 hour wear, mattifying, non-comodogenic, full coverage and perfect for sensitive skin. It is excellent for people with "problem skin" or marks caused by sun damage, scarring, etc. because it covers absolutely everything. The colour range is also superb for fairer skins, and Ivoire 1C, the lightest shade is what I use and is one of the only foundations that blends beautifully into my skin without leaving it looking too pink or too yellow etc. The only complaint I have about this product is that the product sinks into the skin so fast that I found application with a foundation brush not ideal. For this particular product, I prefer to apply it with my fingers, because the hands warm it up and it melts right into the skin and blends ever better. Overall, this is a superb product, and one of the top 3 foundations I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is my favorite foundation EVER. Seriously HG status. For reference, I have oily Asian NC20-25 slightly yellow undertone skin, and I bought this in Ivoire 4 (N).

I have pretty oily skin, so I was skeptical when the SA wanted to sell me a really full coverage foundation. But then she tested it on my cheek, and the color was just perfect, and the consistency was wonderful, not thick and pasty like I was expecting at all. It's really hard for me to find a European foundation that matches my Asian skin tone, so I was really excited to test it out. It blends into a slightly powdery satin (but still kind of matte) finish without making my face look chalky, and it really lasts all day like it claims.

It also doesn't irritate my skin or break me out even though I wear it for like 18 hours straight, which is rare for any foundation. It smooths out my giant pores and covers the redness on my cheeks, and I find that a lot of times I don't even need concealer when I use this.

I also really like that this foundation is true to color from first application until you take it off. It didn't oxidize on me at all throughout the day. Yay!

I'm on my second tube of this, and I'm always going to repurchase. I REALLY hope Lancome never discontinues this foundation. I would be really sad. I think YSL's Teint Resist is pretty similar, but TIU is cheaper and lasts longer, in my opinion. LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down my favorite liquid foundation. It does all that it claims by giving 14 hour wear. I only need to touch up with some blot powder once throughout the day and my makeup still looks just as good as when I first put it on. It glides on like a dream and the coverage is phenomenal. It's pricey at $42 a bottle but I've had mine forever and don't see it running out anytime soon, so it's well worth the hefty price tag. It just takes 2 pumps of product to cover my whole face. It does a great job holding up to the midwest humidity I'm experiencing (100+ degrees). When I'm not wearing mineral foundation, this is the foundation of choice. For reference, I wear Lancome's Bisque 4 (W) and am a MAC NC35/40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, I found my HG foundation! If you want:

* full coverage (I have lots of hyperpigmentation from acne and like a foundation that eliminates the need for concealer)
    *long-wearing (coverage is still there and the makeup still looks good at the end of a long work day)
    *perfect color match (huge color selection - I admit I had to return 2 bottles before finally being matched to the perfect shade so it can take some work to find your match, but totally worth it)
    *non-aggravating to acne-prone skin (fragrance free, oil free, and doesn't give my problem skin any more problems)

... then this is the foundation for you!

I just bought my second bottle. It is worth every penny. I was first matched to Bisque 0W which was too peachy, then another bisque shade which was slightly less peachy but too dark. If you want a foundation that leans more toward the true yellow end of the spectrum (if you normally go for yellow toned foundations) then try the BUFF family. My perfect match ended up being Buff 6W - even though one saleslady said the BUFF shades were too fair for my light skin (wrong!). Maybe ask for samples to try out so you can find the perfect shade.

One thing I found curious - and Paula Begoun mentioned this in her product review on BeautyPedia - my first bottle I bought, maybe a couple months ago, claimed to have SPF 15. The new bottle I bought does not have any SPF and I noticed the ingredients were also slightly different (different order, mostly). I am actually happy to have no SPF in my foundation, as I wear SPF 30 moisturizer and it is so hard to find a good foundation with no SPF (ideal for photographing well). Just thought those slight changes were curious... also the box that claimed SPF15 only had an active ingredient of Titanium Dioxide around 2%... which as Paula Begoun says in her review, is not nearly enough for an SPF of 15.

This foundation also works better with some moisturizers than others. On my dry skin, I use Cerave SPF30 facial moisturizer and this foundation over it, with no primer. Today I had a glycolic acid cream under the Cerave (acne.org AHA lotion) and the foundation did not wear nearly as well through the end of the day. So maybe try a different moisturizer if you have trouble with this foundation lasting - because it really is meant to, and does a great job of it for me. I find this applies well with either a stippling brush or a traditional foundation brush. I would say it has a satin finish that leans more toward the matte end of the spectrum. Great coverage while still looking very much like skin. To compare to MUFE HD, I find this has significantly better coverage using less product, and wears sooo much longer. I liked the dewy finish of MUFE, but it barely lasted a few hours on my face, probably because of the dewiness. Teint Idole offers full, natural looking coverage that you don't really have to build up - one or two pumps will be plenty for most people. Doubles as concealer and wears beautifully all day. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by xbeautyis

This is my HG foundation. I have been using this foundation for about 2 years whenever i stray away and test out others I always seem to go back to it. This foundation is perfect for oily/combo skin because its oil free. The coverage is light- medium depending on how much you build it up. It claims to last 14 hours, and I can say that it does a pretty good job at that when I remove my makeup at night it still looks decent but it doesnt look as "fresh" as it did when I first applied it. The colour rang is good, I wish this foundation had an SPF in it but thats not a huge deal to me. The only con would be the price I believe it's around $42 CDN but its well worth the money in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by suirporp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Totally broke me out. After using it two days in a row, I got multiple pimples on my cheeks (which is weird for me) and my nose is in a similar state. It's a pity because I loved the consistency, coverage, and lasting power of this. It lasted the whole day for me and kept my summer oily-prone skin matte and luminous.

I have pale asian skin and Buff 4 (C) was a perfect color match for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by WidesetVagina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this product is quite good. It will cover redness and all that but not gaping, festering bullet wounds. It makes my skin quite oily, however, but that is easily fixed with some blotting papers. Overall it was just OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation and will continue to use it (until something better comes along, hehehehe).

I would descibe this as medium coverage (although it's buildable if you layer it with a good foundation brush).

Is it long-lasting? Its better than average but not amazing. If I am careful not to touch my face during the day then I don't need to touch-up at work. Oil control is medium - I still need to blot once during the day or use a translucent powder on my oily/combo skin.

I am NC20'sh (it's a wee bit dark) and am matched to 010 Beige Porcelain in Teint Ultra. I prefer this foundation to my MAC or Bobbi Brown foundations as it is not too yellow toned.

So far I have been using this product for 1months and have not experienced any breakouts/skin probs.