Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

4.1

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

on 5/22/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Makes my skin smooth, doesn't break me out and helps heal my pimples. Great product, great price. Packaging needs work though.

on 5/19/2011 4:26:00 PM

Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA

For the first 2 weeks, when I applied it, it caused my skin to be so sensitive until it turned red, and minor purging. Iíve read on makeupalley that it does cause breakouts initially, so I hanged in there and continued to apply the cream religiously. It does sting a lot until I couldnít sleep, so instead of twice a day, i applied once every 2 days. For the first two weeks, my face was really really red, but it did smoothen out my skin.

After the first 2 weeks, the redness simmered down, and acne no longer pop out. The only thing was the my skin was still pink because of my acne scars and sun burn. One thing to note about this product that it causes your skin to get sun burn really easily, so please remember to top it up with something spf. I didnít have sunscreen or moisturizer on, and I rarely did put on makeup. As I continued to applied it religiously (2 times daily), it shrinked my large pores on my forehead but also cause it to become really really really dry. My skin peeled pretty badly. I started looking for an alternative moisturizer and I got the Alpha Hydroxy Sheer Silk Moisturizer which has the SPF in it, but all in all, it is not very moisturizing and it still caused a lot of peeling (I have really really oily skin). My recommendation of this moisturizer is that it works in Singaporeís weather where it is humid and hot, but not in SF bay areaís weather where it was cooling and less humid.

My routine for the time I was using this cream was just, a light cleanser (by my dermatologist), this cream, and sometimes the moisturizer.

All in all, this cream helped me with my pimples when I was in california where the atmosphere was less humid than in Singapore. This cream does not work for me when I moved back to Singapore, because I sweat way too much here in Singapore (what worked will be for the next review).

Other places you could get this are: amazon.com, ebay.com, alphahydrox.com site for about $15.

Pro: Affordable, clears up acne, smoothen skin, shrinks pores.
Cons: Sensitive to sunlight, stinging sensation, cause skin to dry up.

More here: http://nicxmu.tumblr.com/

on 5/9/2011 10:49:00 PM

I have been using this product for 2 months, morning and night, and I can verify that there has been a definite improvement in the tone, texture and softness of my skin. And wow, is it soft! My pores are SO much less noticeable and the oily patches in my T-zone are virtually oil free now. I thought i'd have oily skin forever! Thanks to my genetics and heritage my skin was becoming muddy with deep pores and uneven looking, even while using an spf 60 daily for 15 years. Now, my skin looks more like it did ten years ago, lighter, brighter and glowy. The fine lines appearing under my eyes are not gone, but are much softer now. My skin just looks more elastic. The proof came when I examined two photos taken two weeks apart in my girlfriend's kitchen and my skin colour in the second photo is dramatically lighter and brighter than the first photo. Customers at work in the last two weeks comment that I don't look my age at all! I really didn't know what to expect, but now, I don't want to be without this product. My skin did purge the first two weeks for sure, but now, it's behaving beautifully. I don't find it irritating at all. I recommend Alpha Hydrox unreservedly. It's not a miracle, but wow, does it ever refresh my skin.
**extra note: also, if I do break out (once per month, hormones, bah!) the redness and scarring take WAY less time to heal since I started using Alpha Hydrox. Whew! Love that!**

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I have dry sensitive thin skin and I was thinking that maybe chemical exfoliation would be better than physical, though I've never had a problem with physical exfoliation. I also thought it would help fade my acne scars. I was dead wrong. This product burned and stung so bad upon first application. I thought it would go away, but after a month and a half it never did.

I tried using it every other day, that was too much so I tried 2x a week and it was still too much and then once a week. Even at 1x a week it turned my skin into something amphibian like and when I would go outside without mu on the wind and sun felt really harsh on my skin, even with ss! And speaking of ss, this product made my skin incredibly sensitive to chemical ss. To make matters worse it didn't speed up the fading of my acne scars at all. I was incredibly disappointed.

It made my skin softer, but not in a good way. It stripped it of all it's natural protection and my nose and forehead flaked worse than they ever had before. It took a couple months to get my skin back to a healthy state. I don't think it was specifically this product. I've never had any positive reactions to AHA or BHA or Retinols in unnatural forms. I think it's a myth that these products are better for sensitive skin and I would caution anyone with dry sensitive skin to think twice about leaping into to this product.

on 5/2/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this about a week, morning and night, and it's made my skin SO soft. I am prone to breakouts and I've had no issue with this whatsoever. Though I was on the fence, I'm glad I got this one and not the oil-free or gel, it's not drying or irritating at all and it's not greasy in the least once it sets in.

One other great thing about this product is that you can use it when you're pregnant, unlike retinoid products and other acids. I'm not sure I will ever go back to retinoids, to be honest. Great product, inexpensive, non-irritating, and clear, soft skin!

on 4/24/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this product faithfully for over a decade and recently I decided to try something different. BIG MISTAKE!!!! My skin started to look dull, dry, and fine lines started to appear. I ran out and purchased another bottle and I swear, my skin improved literally overnight. Love this stuff!

on 4/19/2011 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is superb, if you can handle the initial stinging of a 12% AHA product. It is whisper light and not at all greasy. I use this regularly as a "tune up" when my skin feels congested and sluggish. It also works well on the neck, and the chest, where it smoothes out pebbly skin. The result is skin that is so smooth it feels like glass. It will take more than one use to make a difference. But a week of use is a good spring cleaning for your skin. Be sure to use a good UVA/UVB sunscreen with this. Warning: This product may bring *stuff* to the surface, so you may have some breakouts for a while during your pore purging.

on 4/14/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had forgotten how much difference this could make in your skin texture. I used this years ago and was always getting compliments on the smoothness of my skin. ( in reality I have large pores). However, in the last few years I have been unable to find this in the store and had sort of decided they no longer made it. I happened to see it on MUA and though I would try to find it on amazon.....low and behold there it was. After a just a week I can tell a HUGE difference in not only the appearance of my pores, but also how even and fresh my skin looks. If you are prone to breakouts, this is one of those products that will tend to make it worse before it gets better. Hang in there, and give this product a few weeks to slough off all the trapped layers that help cause breakouts.

on 4/12/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I bought it after reading so many great reviews at Ulta for $15.99. After first application, my skin got slightly pink and tingly. But it went away after about 10 min and my skin felt cleana and smooth. It absorbed pretty good, I was very impressed. However, after a day of using it, I started to get huge bumps on my cheeks and chin. I still tried it few times and every time the same problem, plus it makes my skin very itchy. Im returning it today. Also AHA face wash gave me breakouts, I believe its from sulfates it contains.

on 3/10/2011 1:08:00 AM

a-maz-ing. i have never written a review for face products, as i have never been so impressed asi have with alpha hydrox. i have fair skin with scarring and regular blemishes on my chin AND big pores, AND the occasional cyst which looks just lovely on my pale face. after using this product once, the pores in my nose shrunk, my skin glowed, and i have not had a new blemish in over 2 weeks. the scarring is going away, and i have not felt more radiant and fresh in years. i bought the face wash, 10% lotion, and 12% souffle from amazon for like $40, and have been washing twice a day (the wash is mild, not drying) and using the lotion for daytime and the souffle at night and for spot treatments. this is something i will buy over and over and over again. i would definitely throw some sunscreen in there too for day use; i spent an hour running outside yesterday and have a slightly pink face today.

but yes, if you have hormonal problem skin, buy this, you will be so excited that you did.

Popular Treatments (Face)