MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

4.3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After waiting several years for this product to come back, I finally got my hands on it when MAC in the groove collection came out on July 2010. I always wondered what was all the hype about, and I at least wanted a little sample to try it out and see what was so perfect on this product, until a friend from the UK sent me a little sample from hers that shattered in a trip to Los Angeles. ( sample she sent me was the old stereo rose that came out in 2005) After trying it out I really like it but it was nothing special that I never seen before, It was just like an okay blush super pretty, but I would never pay $150 dlls on E-bay for one. When MAC release on the groove i pre order two of them and when I finally got my hands on then I went home to try it out and I must say is a great product but is a bit lighter than the old stereo rose, they are pretty much the same but the new stereo rose is more smooth and more coral than the old stereo rose. For some reason MAC did change the formulation a tiny bit but it still gives the same effect of a true coral/pinky blush is really gorgeous and is definitely a GREAT product!! Also it gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks and I would recommend using this on winter because it is shimmery, but not over loaded with chunky glitter. Yes i would definitely buy this again:) I just wish MAC knew about those e-bay sellers that are getting loads of their most famous products and re- selling to us MAC lovers for an insane amount of money. We all deserve to get this our hands on these products for reasonable prices.

on 8/9/2010 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This is certainly a beautiful colour, and I'm glad I got my hands on it as I didn't own a blush like it, but does it live up to the hype? I'm not so sure. It only requires a light hand with my NW20 skin, so will last for ages, but there really are a number of very similar colours out there - especially the Laura Geller baked blush in Grapefruit. Would I pay an outrageous price on ebay to someone who bought multiples to make a profit? Heck no.

on 8/9/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

SO i saw all the hype over this MSF and decided to get my hands on one. There is still plenty out here in HK so for those who couldn't get their hands on one of these try getting it in HK (family/friends).

As for the product itself, I'm not too sure if it has lived up the hype. Yes it is a pretty coral colour (and coral being THE colour this summer) but I'm just not too sure how well it will look on different skin tones. I'm a NC25-30 and i could just barely carry this blush without looking too overly bronzed. it has this shimmery effect on your face that makes you look dewy but sometimes when i just want some natural colour on the cheek i feel like its a bit too much.

It lasts about 4-5 hours. Maybe I should give it another chance before getting into any conclusion but as of now im giving it a 3/5 overall!

on 8/7/2010 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I totally made my mom go stand in line at the MAC counter the day In The Groove was launched so I could get this :) SO worth it! This is what I wanted Marine Life to be on me--beautiful, wearable wash of coral that looks natural and glowy. I love the texture of this MSF--its velvety soft and blends very easily. I can see this working on many skin tones. LOVE!

on 8/7/2010 2:28:00 PM

Great color! I was waiting for this to be re-released because I was not about to pay $60-$80 for ONE Mineralized Skin finish! So glad MAC came back out with this! I tried ordering 2 on the Nordstrom website & it was on backorder, got a message saying that it was cancelled because it couldnt be fulfilled! :( but I went to the store the day it came out & I got 2 anyway! One with more veining and one with less so I could play them out :) I been using the one with more veining and its so pretty! I'm a fan of coral-y blushes & this is more on the pink side but I love it, I use it often with my sonia kashuk stippling brush & it picks up just enough color. I'm a C4 in f&b! I think this is best for warmer skin tones, with yellow undertones.

Pros:
Beautiful blush color
Not so glitter-bomb ish!
Smooth texture
A little goes a looooong way
Will last a LONG time!
Youll have them unique since they're baked w/different veining in ALL!

Cons:
Price is pretty high
Doesn't have a mirror

on 8/4/2010 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this, it's VERY beautiful and certainly lives up to the hype. It makes a pretty blush as well as a highlight!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I think this product lives up to the hype *if* you have the right skintone for it. Works best for warm-toned, medium-dark beauties, and lighter skinned folk should apply with a light hand. The color is a gorgeous coral, and if you're into MSF's this is a must -- it's the only coral MSF out there, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

I, for one, am smitten. But if you're into really subtle I don't think Stereo Rose is for you.

on 7/28/2010 6:12:00 PM

*HG CORAL BLUSH* don't know where to start. How about, "LOVE" ! Yes I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of this. Why must it be Limited Edition??? ugh! Anyways, it's gorgeous, beautiful, amazing. It looks a bit intimidating in the pan, but is gorgeous on the skin. I'm light to tan and love it on my cheeks. I also put it on my sister who is Very Fair/Pocelain skin tonted and it looked beautiful in her. I can't rave about this enough!

Please MAC PLEASE! Make this apart of the permanent line! ahh <3 Anyway, Would repurchase in a second if there were more out there :D *HG CORAL BLUSH*

on 7/28/2010 7:38:00 AM

Like so many others I went through a lot of hassle to get one. While I can see why it's so popular - it is funky and original after all - it is not for me. I'm medium skin tone but I still feel it shows up too strongly even when I try to pick up very little with my brush. My cheeks really scream out "I'm wearing blush" and look like disco balls with a red traffic light shining on them. Not a very wearable MSF for me. Maybe I'll wear it for special occasions such as New Years Eve?....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to agree with many other reviewers that I dont get what all the hype was about! I do like this but holy hell it sold out online with in 2 hrs if not less and the stores were out before it was even released! I was lucky enough to get one that a subbie of mine on youtube got for me but she stayed up refreshing her computer ALL night till they released it so I love her for that I love the product cause of all the hell that we went thru to get it LOL but really its a nice coral shimmery color. If you are fair like me you need to be EXTRA careful not to over do it and that can happen VERY easily! I highly recommend using a duo fiber brush like the 187 or 188 or the blush duo fiber (thats what I use) but I dont remember the # LOL they seem to get a nice light application for my fair skin so I dont go around looking ORANGE or clownish. It is a nice Coral shimmer shade which is hard to use if you are wearing anything cool toned on your face so I normally only use it when I am wearing a face of warm toned products.
I do like it a lot I just cant believe the hype that came around it cause I got 3 with this collection and I like them all the same! Stereo Rose Petticoat and By Candlelight. They will last a life time and are very nice to have in a collection but necessary I dont think so!!
Also MAC keeps uping the price of their stuff! Even if it was $2 that makes a difference when you are getting 3.
I just hope that stops cause they are making a killing!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials