August 27, 2014 | 1818 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. It is an oil-free gel type moisturizer. In the summer I have a hard time finding a moisturizer for under my makeup that doesn't leave a greasy film, this is it. It's not heavy enough for many skin types and weather conditions, but it's perfect for me for summer. I also like to use it when my sensitive skin is feeling irritated, the cooling sensation instantly calms it. I finished my first jar really fast and will probably buy the bigger container next time. I may pick up the version for dry skin as well and see how that works as a night moisturizer. Hate the jar packaging. I'd say that it isn't hygienic but I went through it so quickly I'm not sure that is really a concern... still I'd rather it came in a tube. Then I could throw it in my purse and take it everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this moisturising gel.. It's great for oily skin and I can layer more moisturiser/oils underneath easily if I need to. Make up and spf goes on smoothly afterwards. It is quite expensive £30 ish for 50mls, but I'm fed up trying new things and so I repurchased this as it does work. Will continue to buy as it's gentle, non irritating and has improved my oily yet dehydrated skin. I've not used it in winter months but will see how I get on with it and some oils rather than using a thicker cream which might break me out/make my face oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Camille03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

so pricey.... though it does a great job at moisturizing my skin, where for the past couple of months i had dry patches on my cheeks. but then it broke me out after 3 usage. appearently, it clogged pores...... cause my nose was left with so many whiteheads hell no not gonna repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by cindyx3rella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this lotion at first, because it made my skin feel soft and plump right after use. As I used it more and more, I noticed that my skin would get dry after a few hours. The moisture is only temporary on my skin and actually ends up making my skin drier later on (I started to flake). Thus it became one of my take-to-the-beach lotions for temporary reliefs. Definitely not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Some time this spring, my skin decided it was time to become dry. As I haven't dealt with this except in cold winter weather, I've been on a quest to find a suitable moisturizer. This task has been complicated by an allergy to chemical SPF.

I've had good results with Clinique Perfectly Real foundation and City Block SFP 25, so I gave Moisture Surge a try on the recommendation of a SA. BAD IDEA! I had this on my face for literally two hours and had to lather hand cream on, my face hurt so much from being dehydrated. I looked like a prune ( not my usual look!).

This may be good for younger or oilier skin than mine, but my experience was a disaster.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this as a mask after I have done a lactic acid peel as my skin is so dry and sensitive. This really moisturises it. I also use this overnight when my skin feels extra dry. Too expensive for me to consider purchasing again as I have other moisturisers that work just as well. I would like to try the eye cream version though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

THIS STUFF. I look at it much in the way I suspect a woman looks at her first-born child.

To give you a sense of what I'm dealing with, skin-wise, I have bad skin. It's skin that has been improving significantly over the past year due to a very strict regimen, but to be honest, it really had nowhere to go but up. I have acne that needs constant treatment to be kept under control, which means that my skin puts up with a cocktail of products every day, not to mention the Clarisonic, the fact that I live in a polluted city, my treatment of the scars left behind by the cystic acne I managed to get under control, makeup, etc. I end up with huge dry patches, but am extremely limited in what I can do with them because most creams break me out. To be honest, I spent awhile just putting up with the fact that my skin looked flaky, because it was better than using products that managed to moisturize, but also made me look like a pizza.

Enter this product. I'd used other products in the Moisture Surge line with success, which is why I was willing to give this a go when I got it as a sample. With some trepidation, I tried it. And it's AMAZING. First, it feels so good. It somehow manages to be incredibly light and non-greasy, but also extremely moisturizing. It sinks in the second I put it on my face. It just feels...relieving, if that makes any sense. And it works. Instantly, and even in the harshest, coldest weather. I do tend to use it as a night cream more, since I still prefer a less-dense cream for the day. But it works and it has NEVER ONCE broken me out. I have tried many, many similar creams, and can literally not say that about one of them.

There are a few things. Mostly the packaging--if you have acne-prone skin, you're going to want to be careful about washing your hands or using a spatula to get this out, lest you contaminate the entire jar with germs. I usually transfer the cream from the big jar to the little sample jar I still have, which is easier to deal with. It's not cheap, but it's an acceptable price for Clinique's products and it certainly works better for me than more expensive skincare.

If you have dry, problem skin, I HIGHLY recommend you go out and get a sample of this. It's such good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a dry skin sufferer both prone to acne flaky skin and Eczema I'm always on the search for hydrating rich creams that will leave my parched skin soft smooth and radiant without the flare up of acne and congested pores like most rich creams cause.this however does neither its a dry skins best friend and is great as a makeup base its great reccommemd!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel compelled to write this review because of the misleading one from the apparent ex Clinique consultant. Every word she wrote I disagree with. I'm a current Clinique consultant, not biased because I'm a beauty junkie and independent make up artist.

Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is an amazing moisturiser. It provides 24 hours of hydration to the skin and also strengthen skin's moisture barrier; this means that skin looks healthier and more comfortable but is also able to retain moisture better.

We recommend all our treatment moisturisers are applied after our infamous 3-step system, because DDML(now +) acts like a sponge and allows treatments and serums to penetrate deeper and therefore get more benefits. However it's not essential. It's one of our best sellers and many use it with nothing else.

It is like a drink for the skin, super hydrating yet oil free so great for all skin types. I like it overnight, on holiday and during flights. Can be applied thicker as a mask but we now have moisture surge mask as part of the range too.

As for it being like evian spray? Not so much. Water spritz' can actually dry the face even more, initially they feel great but pure water on the face just dries it out. Our moisture surge facial spray could be compared to something like MAC's fix+, because it's moisturising and full of vitamins. I love it to refresh my make up, on hot days and just whenever I fancy really.

Hope this was helpful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by nyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I brought a full size out of a wimp because I was dying for a moisturizer, my skin was dry and rashy at that time. This surprised me. First of all, it didn't break me out, oil free (light-weight feeling), hydrating but doesn't over do it and fragrance free. However, if I apply too much of it, my skin can feel rather sticky so a little goes a long way for me. The downfalls for this are it's packaging and price. I don't understand why dramatically different moisturizers are in pump form but this has to be in a tub. And also the price, this moisturizer isn't cheap but i would say it's slightly affordable than other higher end moisturizers. Overall, I love this stuff. If you're looking for a light-weight moisturizer but hydrates really well, this can be a good one.