January 29, 2015 | 933 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ShaynaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have patchy dry skin in areas, because I have skin problems (eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and overall sensitive skin). This stuff, coupled with some regular hydrocortisone cream, is a life saver for me!

Also, I like the appearance of the product - it is a light pink gel with a slippery feel to it, not heavy at all. I do not like the jar form factor -- I wish this came in a pump style jar so I don't have to dip my fingers into the jar for each use.

When I put it on my face, it doesn't sting at all, even when my skin is irritated. It does not help with the redness per se (that is why I couple it with the hydrocortisone), but one application stops the flakies in their tracks.

I noticed that there are now 2 versions of this product in Sephora: one for all skin types (oil free) and one for extra dry skin. I am speaking from my experience using the one for all skin types (oil free).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Water based gel texture. Doesn't really moisturise. Over scented.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Lo08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. I have extremely sensitive, dry skin (I feel like a crocodile after a shower) and am constantly dousing my face in moisturizer, which can make make me break out. It's a vicious cycle. I found this on my mom's dresser one morning (she had received it as a free sample) while I was searching for some moisturizer, tried it, and it just melted into my skin. It was like I had finally found whatever was supposed to make skin feel good. Needless to say, my mother never did find her moisturizer after that day! It makes my skin feel soft, nourished and clean without making it feel oily or heavy. The only drawback is the price... It retails for about $45 per jar (I'm in Canada), so not sure how expensive it is anywhere else. If you can afford it and have dry skin, buy it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Ldugas1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute must-have for travel. The first time I tried this was at an international airport after around 24 hours of travel by bus and plane. While I was waiting for my next flight, I went straight to the makeup duty free to try to put myself back together. This wonderful angel at Clinique then asked if she could help. After cleaning my face with I don't know what, she put this on and it just melted into my skin. By the time she had smoothed it in, she decided that a second coat may be nice (and/or necessary). Since then I will not travel without this. I wouldn't say this is my primary face moisturizer, but it is an absolute necessity for tired, dehydrated travel skin.

I have recently come across a possible dupe with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel Cream, but I have yet to find it here in Eastern Europe. If anyone has tried it, let me know.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by chloekas091

I really wanted to love this product because I loved the smell, packaging and consistency. but this stuff broke me out so bad!! and I am not prone to acne. I had to return it after 2 weeks. Such a shame..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jamieevital

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this in a Clinique bonus bag and I might purchase the full size. I say might because even though it`s a miracle in a jar it is quite pricy. I like this product because it absorbs almost instantly and it doesn`t leave a greasy residue. Very moisturizing and smoothens out my skin overnight.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I never used Clinique prior to this. I forgot to take my Clarins with me while traveling and bought Clinique out of desperation. I wish I could write something good on this product but it broke me out so bad :( I applied correctly as the SA advised. I have one whole jar left, been applying on my legs & feet.. not like it's hydrating, though. I just don't know what else to do with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Sindy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love love love this product !!! I already purchased my second one of this..It makes my skin super smooth and silky ,makes my foundation glides on easily ..the only bad thing about it is the price it's a little bit too pricy but i'll keep repurchasing cuz am in love with this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

My absolute holy grail moisturiser, I have never found another to equal. This moisturising gel sinks into your skin leaving it hydrated and refreshed. It never feels greasy or thick, which is perfect for my normal-oily combination skin. It really is like giving your skin a drink. I've even used it as a hydration mask by applying it thickly, leaving it for a bit then smoothing the excess in. The only negatives for this product would be the packaging which, though nice to look at, is impractical and unhygienic and the price, $60AUD. But in saying that I still continue to buy and enjoy this product and plan on doing so in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

This is the best moisturizer I've ever tried. I have oily skin everywhere but my mouth and chin area where it's super dry. I prefer a gel moisturizer rather than a cream because creams don't sink into my skin and just make my face look greasy. The jar says this is a gel creme and I think that's the perfect way to describe it it's a cross between the two. It doesn't make my oily skin look greasy and it really hydrates my dry areas. I don't think I'll have to change moisturizers in the summer since it's a gel. It also makes my skin soooo soft and smooth to the point where my boyfriend noticed. I know. I kinda wish this came in a pump bottle so I use the right amount and I don't have to stick my fingers in the jar but whatev. I love clinique skincare and this is my holy grail.