Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

on 12/11/2010 9:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like this powder - it can be used as a setting powder as well as a foundation. I wanted to try both out before I reviewed the product. I bought the powder in Matte Neutral - 07 - because the sales assistant told me I could use this to set my makeup without adding extra colour - I'm quite fair.

I mainly use it as a setting powder though I have used it as a foundation. Used as a foundation - I applied it with a big brush - it went on well, evening out my skintone and even dealing with the red pathches around my nose. I used the sponge where I needed a bit more coverage and it was more that adequate. I wouldn't recommend this as a foundation if you need a lot of coverage, but if your skin is basically good and you don't want heavy coverage this is worth considering.

As a setting powder it is also good. It doesn't deepen the colour. It could become cakey if you apply it too heavily. I only use the sponge very rarely, prefering to use a brush for a light touch. It keeps my foundation in place and my forehead shine free. It is also good for touching up during the day when your foundation may have worn off in places. I find it provides a little extra coverage on days when you might have the odd blemish.

The packing is good, hardly ingenious but what else can you do with a pressed powder? Handy to carry around you, has a mirror in the lid and a sponge inside. I would clean or change the sponge quite often, just for cleanliness and hygeine, if you do use the sponge rather than brushes. I like the green packaging, but others might not find it very glam.

Definitey a godd powder - would take it to be at the price.
Does not break me out in painful spots as with other brands (have a look at my other reviews!)
Good coverage both as a setting powder and a light foundation.
Lasts forever on the skin!

Perhaps can become heavy and cakey but that depends on how much you apply.
Pricey but worth it for not having the adverse reactions and for having a mutli-purpose product.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I first tried super double powder a few years ago and loved it. Its heavy enough to cover, if it goes on too cakey you can just use a brush to buff it off, and it looks very nice in pictures. HOwever, my skin changes color throughout the year and I am unable to match the colors to my skin year round as the color selections are minimal.

on 10/30/2010 10:45:00 PM

Is weird, mine doesnt have Mineral Oil in the ingredients! Well I have only tried his one day but it didnt made my face as shiny as with the Benefit Hello Flawless. I'm hoping it'll turn good so I'm gonna try it for 3 days.
I'll update this after that.

on 7/4/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only powder I've ever used that broke me out, I'm suspecting it's because of the mineral oil (my skin is sensitive to MO). Whenever I use it I get lots of under the skin breakouts and whiteheads which are quite painful. It gives pretty nice coverage but can get cakey if I use more than 1 layer. The colour selection isn't that good...doesn't cater to anyone with yellow undertones, the undertones are all too pink. The texture is really soft and smooth, glides onto the skin like silk. I like the packaging and the fact it comes with a mirror, but anything that breaks me out is a no no.

on 7/4/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This did not work for me at all. I have been using MAC Studio Fix for years. This was a little cheaper so I decided to try it. I gave it about two month to make sure before I wrote this review. My skin is sensitive. This has made my skin in the worst condition it has been in in years. It clogs my pores and it has just messed up my face. Terrible break outs. It does not control oil AT ALL. Within 30 minutes it has soaked into my pores and I am sooo shiny. It feels gritty on my skin. I just did not like it. If someone is not really oily, it might work for them, but in my case, no way! Back to MAC. It is worth the extra money and does not break me out, and has a much better coverage.

This was one of the first foundations I used, and I need to return to it. It goes on so well, does restrict your skin and is great for sensitive skin. I'm fair, so the tones work well for me-though I've heard that's not the case for some. It gives good coverage, too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybe I just bought the wrong shade, but it looks ashy and too matte for me. It also cakes, and is not for dry skin at all. I'll definitely be returning it to Sephora! The compact itself is beautiful though.

on 5/6/2010 2:18:00 PM

Not for oily skin AT ALL! It's currently 2:15p. At 12:30p I went to Peebles and put this on. My face is a super shiny oil slick right now. YUCK!

on 4/8/2010 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to use to use this when I was 14! It was good because my skin was flawless. I was pale because I was always locked up by the parents. As I got tan. The color selection was awful. This is great when you are a tween and you are starting out on makeup and don't want to spend alot. When you are younger you are more sensitive to stuff on your face at least I was. This was great for that skin type.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good product to put over another foundation, I like it over mineral foundation, and liquid foundation, to create a more even, flawless look. I wouldn't use this alone, because it doesn't have enough coverage, unless you pile it on which can look too matte, and chalky for my liking. I love using it for touch ups during the day, because it never cakes, and it's very light. Might be better for summer, because it can absorb a bit of oil.