September 22, 2014 | 940 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Soap. My first impression. Dishy soap or laundry powder. Nice scent for a cleaning product, but not for the price of this scent.
*UPDATE- Just went to bed and asked hubby what he thought of this scent: "Smells like my granny".

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been on a bit of a perfume spree lately, desperately searching for my signature scent. After reading the reviews on here, and other websites, for Alien by Thierry Mugler I was intrigued. I knew I had to smell this, based on the notes and various descriptions. However, I didn't expect to like it, or to be one of the lucky people who is able to wear this scent. I cannot wear Angel. I wish I could, I've tried many different times, but it is so harsh on me, not "Angel-like" at all. Everyone seems to describe Alien as being incredibly strong, too, however, I was pleasantly surprised at how different this scent is from Angel. This scent isn't really strong or harsh on me, instead I would just describe it as having amazing silage. One spray is all I need. On me, this actually smells a bit similar to the Elie Saab perfume (at first), and I suppose this is due to the jasmine. I also believe it is this note (or maybe another note that these two fragrances have in common) that give the grape-like scent to this perfume. When I first sniffed my wrist I did not automatically think grapes, however, I had read the reviews on here so I found myself searching for that scent within this perfume. Yes, I can understand why some people smell fake grapes when they smell this, but I think the way this stuff smells depends a lot on on the wearer and skin chemistry. This isn't harsh on me at all; it's smooth and I get a lot of jasmine and a bit of something that smells like orange blossom but instead of strictly being floral, this fragrance has a "juicy" quality that I love. After smelling it, I realized this is truly unlike anything I have ever come across. I can see myself wearing this all year round because it isn't heavy or suffocating on me in the slightest, instead the powerfulness of this fragrance simply gives it amazing lasting power. I never thought I would ever find a signature scent, one that I love enough to wear all year round, for almost any occasion. However, almost immediately after spraying this on my wrist, I knew I had to buy it. It's interesting and beautiful, but I truly recommend you test it before buying it because it definitely seems like a scent that varies greatly from wearer to wearer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the most expensive fragrance I have ever bought. Its unique to anything I have ever smelled so I somehow decided to buy it. Since then, I still think its nice and unique but I don't reach for it. This will be going up for swap. On me its a dark, floral grape scent or at least that's what I think of.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a floral scent. The top note is jasmine. I could definitely see that, on me the top note stays there for a while, which smells amplified. That's my only turn off about this perfume.

After about an hour I can see that woodenness coming in with that amber. When it all simmers down after that one hour the scent is so pleasing, it's a very oriental scent which is what I lovvveee about this. It's very different from my other perfumes, most in which are sweet and girly. This is a definitely an oriental scent with that slight hit of sweetness (I'm not sure where the sweetness comes from). I almost see it as a more "higher" end version of the Japanese Cherry Blossom line Bath and Body works have.

I wish the top note wouldn't turn me off though, everything else is lovely except for that, at least on me. I also like the the lasting power... it'll last me all day with no debate.

I've only tried the sample version, but this is something I would defiantly put on my wish list. I think of it as a winter scent, but it's very wearable for the summer. If you like oriental scents and they smell good on you I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by kayotic0

This is a very strong and forever lasting fragrance. I sprayed it near my bed and 2 weeks later i am still smelling it when i go to sleep. One spray is all u need for 2 days lol but this is very expensive, a 1oz will run you $68!! which is ridiculous considering u can get a perfume from macys 3.4oz for the same price. This is a beautiful scent that has many layers and wearing this u will forever be remembered by everyone u pass. a lil goes a long way and this is a fragrance to keep for special occasions and when u want to get noticed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

I looove this perfume. It is summery/ wintery, though I can see how it is more of a winter scent. I first smelled it on my co-worker, and I was walking far behind her like in the hallway. I loved it on her. Went to try it on, loved it on me. Didn't buy it then. Went back to Macy's to try it again, the employee who was trying to "help" seriously deterred me from buying it right then and there because she sprayed such a large amount at close proximity, that is smelled candyish. Anyways, an hour later, I realized that was the initial notes, though that's not what happened when I sprayed it the first time. An hour later I smelled floral, spicy, and refereshing scent. The way the notes play out remind me of NOTTE by Bvlgari. Not that the two scents are alike but the way they are so hard to describe and are so versatile. I really loove this perfume. The packaging is great. The price is so frigging expensive, $118 at Nordstrom's. would buy again, but i don't see that until a few years.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

Love this fragrance. its so fresh, clean and soapy in a good way. When i say fresh i dont mean citrus and lemon. its a very hard scent to describe. One spray goes a long way. its a very strong fragrance. Its feminine and sophisticated. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ladonnakt

Premium Perfume. Smells gr8 ! However its extremely heavy. It is a fall/ winter scent. Very sweet any it reminds me of something my G-ma would've worn; Samsung esque. Overall a winner but no obsession with it here. Womanity well thats another story with a happier ending

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by alicemalicealicemalice

I love this SO much! It is expensive but you hardly need any of it and it lasts all day... once i have worn it i notice the smell of it on scarfs and stuff like DAYS after spraying it! Its smells LOVELY. <3 =D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by slayervixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There aren't enough adjectives in the world to describe how much I loathe this scent. It is a migraine in a very attractive bottle!

I had heard so much hype for this and acquired a sample, I wish I hadn't bothered. The smell is just odd and not in a good way, it reminds me of a mixture of old lady perfume and furniture polish and who wants to smell like that?

Many people I know love it and wear it on a regular basis. I had been getting migraines at work and couldn't figure out what was causing it...then the penny dropped. It was this perfume!

The only saving grace for this putrid stench is the stunning bottle. I would not recommend this perfume unless you want to repel people!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No