July 30, 2014 | 1174 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by kayotic0

This is a very strong and forever lasting fragrance. I sprayed it near my bed and 2 weeks later i am still smelling it when i go to sleep. One spray is all u need for 2 days lol but this is very expensive, a 1oz will run you $68!! which is ridiculous considering u can get a perfume from macys 3.4oz for the same price. This is a beautiful scent that has many layers and wearing this u will forever be remembered by everyone u pass. a lil goes a long way and this is a fragrance to keep for special occasions and when u want to get noticed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

I looove this perfume. It is summery/ wintery, though I can see how it is more of a winter scent. I first smelled it on my co-worker, and I was walking far behind her like in the hallway. I loved it on her. Went to try it on, loved it on me. Didn't buy it then. Went back to Macy's to try it again, the employee who was trying to "help" seriously deterred me from buying it right then and there because she sprayed such a large amount at close proximity, that is smelled candyish. Anyways, an hour later, I realized that was the initial notes, though that's not what happened when I sprayed it the first time. An hour later I smelled floral, spicy, and refereshing scent. The way the notes play out remind me of NOTTE by Bvlgari. Not that the two scents are alike but the way they are so hard to describe and are so versatile. I really loove this perfume. The packaging is great. The price is so frigging expensive, $118 at Nordstrom's. would buy again, but i don't see that until a few years.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

Love this fragrance. its so fresh, clean and soapy in a good way. When i say fresh i dont mean citrus and lemon. its a very hard scent to describe. One spray goes a long way. its a very strong fragrance. Its feminine and sophisticated. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ladonnakt

Premium Perfume. Smells gr8 ! However its extremely heavy. It is a fall/ winter scent. Very sweet any it reminds me of something my G-ma would've worn; Samsung esque. Overall a winner but no obsession with it here. Womanity well thats another story with a happier ending

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by alicemalicealicemalice

I love this SO much! It is expensive but you hardly need any of it and it lasts all day... once i have worn it i notice the smell of it on scarfs and stuff like DAYS after spraying it! Its smells LOVELY. <3 =D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by slayervixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There aren't enough adjectives in the world to describe how much I loathe this scent. It is a migraine in a very attractive bottle!

I had heard so much hype for this and acquired a sample, I wish I hadn't bothered. The smell is just odd and not in a good way, it reminds me of a mixture of old lady perfume and furniture polish and who wants to smell like that?

Many people I know love it and wear it on a regular basis. I had been getting migraines at work and couldn't figure out what was causing it...then the penny dropped. It was this perfume!

The only saving grace for this putrid stench is the stunning bottle. I would not recommend this perfume unless you want to repel people!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by shrubba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I paid 39.50 for the 30ml which I think is quite a lot! I think I was just under the control of the fumes in the store and just bought it. The main reason I bought it was for the jasmine scent. It's definitely there and I love it. Also the price is definitely justifiable because one spray on your wrist and you can dab that over your whole body. I honestly can't describe the scent, I can't believe there's only three notes because it smells so complex and wonderful!

I definitely would not judge on first sniff, it seems to vary over time. It's like buying multiple perfumes and smelling new scents ever once in a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ChristyR143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a strangely beautiful fragrance, very difficult to describe, so I won't even try. But I will say this...my husband, who has terrible allergies and typically hates perfumes, absolutely LOVES this stuff, and at first, I absolutely hated it and thought it smelled terrible. But here's the thing with Thierry Mugler...you can't go by your first sniff. You have to have patience. This perfume smells very weird at first, super synthetic and perhaps even medicinal, but give it 30 minutes to an hour and go back and smell your wrist then. If you still don't like it, then it's probably not for you. On me it transforms into something entirely different once it dries down and is absolutely wonderful. It is now my signature scent (my other favorite being Narcisso Rodriguez for Her, edt).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While working in cosmetics and fragrance for a department store over the holidays, I acquainted myself with pretty much every tester bottle sitting out on a daily basis. Hey, I couldn't do my job without forming an opinion on all of them, right? In the early days of working in fragrance, posting up right next to the Thierry Mugler reps was the most out-of-the-way spot, so I got to know the Chanels, TMs, and Burberrys pretty well. The formidable Angel, surprisingly, grew on me over time, despite my first impression of raisins when I first smelled it. This seems to be the story with everyone who eventually likes Angel.

But this is a review about Alien. The bottle is what first drew me in -- like something out of The Fifth Element. Milla Jovovich would've totally taken this out and sprayed it on herself in the movie, if she, y'know, knew what the hell perfume was. My favorite shade of purple (deep, royal, Mardi-Gras purple) with gold claw-like accents. I don't have my sample in front of me, but it's like Angel's sweet little sister. The one who wears skirts all the time and pink lip gloss but will still lay your ass out if you get handsy. Angel will do the same, but Angel has the voice of a career chain smoker. Alien sings soprano in the local church choir.

All I know is that one night I got to a party wearing Alien and started hugging everyone, and down the line every single person said some variant of, "You smell like heaven," which is ad nauseam what the first person I greeted said. Go sniff it for yourself.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by sanna_sometimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this fragrance PUZZLES me. I got a free sample of it when it came in 2005 and I absolutely loathed it! Some weeks ago I smelled it on a classmate and got obsessed by it. Bought it today, i felt like a HAD TO. It's a weird smell, synthetic, complex, unique and absolutely gorgeous. Well, there are six years between hate and love, now you know.