September 19, 2014 | 1000 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty surprised on the negative reviews of this. For me it's a really good shampoo. It surprised me that it doesn't weigh my hair down at all or make it greasy, because it's so nourishing. It makes my fine hair so soft, manageable and healthy-looking! Also it cleans really well - my hair stays clean much longer with this. Huge plus.
But it lathers like hell, which I don't think is a good sign. I wish it was sulfate free, and the smell is a little over powering too.
Even so, I really love the Dumb Blonde shampoo and I wanna use it every time I wash, but I alternate with S Factor Health Factor.
Oh, and the bottle is cute and practical, and the price is REALLY dirt cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

reading all these reviews really makes me want to like this product so much! i really didnt like it. first of all it has the most harsh sulfate (ammonia laurel sulfate) in it which is the absolute WORST for your hair. I forgot to look at that when i was purchasing it. my hair is completely dead (no joke) and i can never manage it. i feel like this made my hair very dry and along with the conditioner it felt like straw. my boyfriend would touch my hair and i felt embarassed. if you wanna buy this please to hella research... i did like the pump on it tho..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByMaggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

PROS
-Pump
-Smells great

CONS
-Protein build-up causes breakage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo in the smaller package (pink colored). They also sell a big one (big bottle) but its color is yellow and I doubt that even if the name is the same it's the same product.
I don't trust magical discounts, especially since this shampoo has such mixed reviews, I suspect some people bought the big bottle some the small bottle. So money vs. quality? My hair needs quality, and I don't think there is a company on this planet that would actually sell the same product (or even better) at a cheaper price just because they're nice.
Anyway, enough with the babbling, I am betting with the ones who rave about this shampoo. My hair is curly, thin and dry from styling. Lately it got so dry that once I noticed one hair breaking at the root near my forehead just by a hand passing through it. I got so scared. After just one wash with this shampoo (and its additional reconstructor) my hair is more elastic, goes styled more easily, and does not break.
It is true that this shampoo kills volume. But since I style it (with a round brush, blow drying) I always fix its volume back and I really do not mind so much.
Personally i am sick of those shampoos that add volume and shine but the actual hair actually becomes more dried and if it already is they never fix it.
This is the first shampoo who understand me and my hair - products for fine hair should be not too oily, but also nourishing, and fixing the hair's frailty, not make it drier with uplifted roots!
If the volume is an issue you can always fix it with a volumizing mousse rubbed at the roots gently so that they are lifted. It's true this shampoo may kill volume but it actually reconstructs.
It's a great shampoo but you need to do a little styling afterwards.
P.S. I took one lippie off because I did use it only once and maybe after a while I will have to update this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by pjjamas8

I really like this shampoo. I have very thick, coarse, wavy/curly hair that is heavily highlighted. This shampoo has helped keep my blonde bright and not brassy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell is actually quite horrible. Remeinds me of pineapple. It really started to irritate me in the long run. The shampoo itself caused me dandruf so it was difficult to use it. Lasts long so it's not too expensive. I wouldn't buy again an if your scalp is sensitive this might not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by UberMagic

I love this stuff. I'm a natural blonde with added highlights. I picked up a bottle after I got fresh highlights to make the color last longer between salon visits. So far so good!

I've never been one to stick to a single bottle of shampoo; I like to have a couple options to mix it up. This is one of the only shampoos that I use it every single day. It makes my hair clean, soft, and slightly voluminous.
One disclaimer though: If I'm feeling like I need extra clean I mix in a little bit of clarifying shampoo, or volumizing if I want major body. Otherwise, this stuff is a great bare-bones shampoo on its own.
Has a really pretty shimmery pink color and smells like faint strawberry candy. Lathers very nicely. I use 2-3 pumps (I have long hair) and I'm good.
Only gripe is the price. I'd buy it in bulk if it were cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mspongebobm1217

Ok, so I have bleached my hair and toned it to get it to a beautiful almost platinum blonde(ew with no yellow) :) So i read up good reviews on the shampoo and let me tell you that it does live up to its reputation. Just a dime size of this on my hand (DIME) acts as if u loaded your hand with shampoo lol. It lathers great and smells great and when my frizzy hair air - dried, well i had less frizz and wow how soft and shiny! I did not use the conditioner cuz at the store where i got it they had no more but just the shampoo did me wonders so i can only imagine how good the conditioner will be. I suggest you look on ebay or amazon or even a marshalls or tj maxx or ross cuz it was about $15 just the shampoo and was not the big size! But i def. do reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mrosen3030

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This, along with the Dumb Blonde conditioner, is the only set that I have ever been really enthusiastic about. I have used them for about two years. Since I started using this set on my hair, it has grown out to a length that I have never, ever been able to achieve (it has ALWAYS fallen out/broken off once it got past my shoulders). I attribute it to the Dumb Blonde shampoo/conditioner. They are a rich combo, but they work for me. Love them. Oh, I buy them when I can find them at TJ Maxx or Ross. You can find them at Nordstrom Rack, too, I believe. I don't pay full price, ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this with and without the dumb blonde conditioner, and it's good. I wash twice when I wash my hair, and I found that a walnut sized amount of shampoo is enough to wash my 60 cm long, straight, blonde hair. Value is great. I also found that it works well on its own without conditioner, my hair is still easily detangled (and normally it isn't without conditioner) and feels soft and nourished.

But I must say, the scent is a VERY strong artificial bubble-gum kind of smell and worst of all, for those of us who don't like it: it lingers!

If it wasn't for the smell, I would repurchase. But I'm looking for a sulphate-free alternative and might look into the S-factor, since the performance of this product was good.

When buying the big bottles in their tween duos, the price is great too. A set of shampoo and conditioner lasts me at least 6 months, my hair is about 55-60 cms root to tip and I wash it twice every two to three days.

Would MAYBE repurchase, but without the conditioner.