July 28, 2014 | 2009 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. This is by far the best heat protection spray I have used on my hair. It smells great, the spray is light, it doesn't weigh your hair down, and is a great price! I have been using this product since it came out. I highly recommend it. I use a lot of heat on my hair, and this spray helps to protect my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

There's a reason there's so much hype around this product. It WORKS! I've been using it for several months, and it's really cut down on the damage I do to my hair. I use heat on my hair almost every single day, and this helps to cut down on split ends (which I normally struggle with), and just leave my hair feeling healthier, silkier and shinier.

The spray itself has a nice, pleasant smell, and I genuinely enjoy putting it on my hair. This is my HG heat tamer, and I honestly can't see myself using anything else ever.

BONUS: It's like, what, 5 bucks? Such a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

This is just ok for me, I didn't notice a huge difference in my hair. I personally like the new platinum strength better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive repurchased this already.
I can understand why this gets rave reviews, It smells really nice and has a very nice even mist I'm not sure how great it is at protecting but I dont feel like my hair has been fried after I straighten it so thats a plus. It does have hydolyzed silk and biotin in it so that will nourish your hair as well.

I saw a few more versions of this at target the other day and one was a "Platinum strength" version. I may try that one next as it has an oil in it and I read somewhere that the oil in heat protectant spray is actually the ingredient that does the protecting :) I would assume that the hydrolyzed silk does that as well, though.

Make sure you let it dry completely before using any heat on it (except a blow dryer of course...) I usually use this from my ears down.

Cant beat it for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by willow1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading so many glowing reviews, and I'm really happy with this product. My hair is soft and smooth and my ends don't feel dry and crispy after flat-ironing. Actually, since I've starting using this spray I've hardly needed to use my flat iron and that makes me very happy. :)
The trigger is a bit awkward, I've sprayed myself in the face more times that I care to count, and the product smells like cheap hairspray but those are the only complaints that I can think of. I'll definitely be purchasing this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lilmomomo

repurchased a few times.

i am not sure if it really protects my hair nicely. but the thought of spraying something to prevent damage makes me feel at ease

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by msexiblnd3

I love this product! It makes my hair feel and smell amazing. I straighten my hair about every other day and if I dont use this beforehand my hair looks like crap after I straighten it. The only downside is the nozzle I always spray too much at once or it gets all over everything.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by whyyesimreal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went through two or three of this product in and thought it was the ultimate product ever. Granted I hated the smell; I can only describe it as a manly plastic smell. Along with the fact that after using another thermal protectant spray that my hair was much more dry and rough then what my hair felt with the other. I decided to discontinue this product in my beauty regimen for ever. Granted I guess itís better then anything, even though there are other products that are around the same price that are better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this based on the MUA reviews, and so far I am happy with this purchase. It doesn't have s strong overpowering scent, just a light clean scent, which is nice. It also leaves my hair feeling normal, not too dry, not brittle, and it doesn't leave a sticky film behind. The cost is affordable too...very happy and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by wq13

I won't buy any other heat protectants. That is how much I love this.
This heat tamer spray smells great! I can't tell if it's ACTUALLY protecting my hair, but my hair seems fine and still feels healthy. I spray this on dry hair before I use a curling iron and it really helps the curls hold, surprisingly! I didn't use hairspray at all after I curled my hair and it was still pretty curly by the end of the day. Of course, the curls were much looser - but still impressive since my hair is stick straight.
Love love love the spray nozzle on this thing. The mist is so fine and even.
*One warning though: don't spray TOO much into your hair! It will make it feel sticky and gross.
Overall, I love this product and will continue to repurchase :)