November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kak513

This is for the liquid version. I received a sample in the mail (I can almost remember making the request months ago..) and tried it out today. It came with a couple of colors, and I opted to use buff beige since it was the lightest shade and I'm rather pale. I put it on after my moisturizer soaked in for about 15 minutes and it was really easy to spread around and blend it. Since I rarely use liquid makeup (I almost always use powdered mineral makeup) it was a little awkward, so I just pumped some onto my fingertips and smeared it around like lotion until the streaks evened out. Not bad, it gave me a really nice, even finish. The color might have been a little dark but I feel like I got away with it. Overall, I was pleased! Come 2.5 hours later, however, and my face was the wettest, greasiest mess EVER. It literally looked like I was ready for a strong man contest. Several blotting tissues later, and I was back to presentable, but that was really quite a shocker. I don't have oily skin--in fact, it's been dry lately. Shudder. What allows me to give this a decent review is how the makeup itself didn't migrate AT ALL. I always have the issue of makeup creasing in the wee wrinkles around my eyes (15 years of wearing contacts and rubbing my eyes) and exactly 12 hours later, and my face looks smooth and even--no highlighted creases (although it's nearing time to blot again.) I just can't get over it! If this went on sale, I might be tempted to purchase a bottle to use sometimes--provided I kept blotting paper and translucent powder nearby. Maybe this would be better in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

This is for the cream to powder foundation in the compact. It feels very similar to L'oreal's cream to powder foundation expect it is more creamer. I got buff beige and it was a good color for me.However, I personally think it is too greasy to the oily skins. I returned it. As a summary, Cover Girl's foundations are best for normal to slightly oily skins. Definitely its foundations and powders lack oil absorbing ability.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by catisland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I was a devotee of AquaSmooth for ages, and then the Advanced Radiance came out around the same time my skin was getting dryer even during the summer months. It's as if it was meant to be. Every now and then I get seduced by a pricier, high-end foundation such as Laura Mercier silk creme and there's just no comparison. I use a light hand and it still covers well while looking very natural. My skin feels smooth and soft all day, too, without becoming greasy and without the foundation breaking down. I don't use a heavy moisturizer under this, just a light application of a non-greasy gel-cream moisturizer. I also use the CG neutralizer concealer for the pinkish areas around my nose or the occasional blemish and then a light, light T-zone application of Maybelline's Dream Matte powder in the second lightest color to set. My only complaint is about the shape of the compact, which is on the large side. I'd prefer a standard sized compact with the sponge in a compartment underneath the foundation, but that's really just a minor complaint.

**UPDATE: I think this is being discontinued to make room for that pasty, pink gunk Cover Girl recently added to their arsenal of foundations. What a shame. It's a great alternative to Aquasmooth for the winter months, and the new foundation is not only awful, but the colors do not correspond to the numbers/names of other CG foundations. Time to wave goodbye to CG and start looking elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by HippieDippy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, and it is one of my staples. I use the Ivory, it blends perfectly and covers blemishes very well. Once, I bought an expensive foundation, just to see how it was, and I was at target two days later buying this again. The only one bad thing is that I think the longer I use it the less it looks like it's original color, and I usually end up buying more before I am completely out of it because the color is weird towards the end of the container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

I wouldn't have picked up this foundation if CVS didn't have their BOGOF deal on Cover Girl Radiance makeup. $10.99 is a bit much for a drugstore foundation. I like the way this foundation glides smoothly over my face and it also didn't feel greasy on me. I used my MAC stippling brush (#187) instead of the sponge to apply it. The only problem with Cover Girl is their unnatural shades. I used Buff Beige ( I'm Asian, MAC NC 30, Shiseido O40) and it still looked pink on my skin in natural light. I guess I can only wear this foundation in the evening (the only time it looks decent). If Cover Girl would make some of their shades more yellow based, I would use their products on a daily basis. I won't buy this again unless they make more yellow based shades. :-(
EDIT: I gave this compact makeup another try. Instead of using my MAC stippling brush to apply, I wet the sponge that came with the compact and apply it on my face. The results were even better and looked more natural (even in natural light). A damp sponge gives you a sheer look instead of a cakey one. The shade "Buff Beige" is still not a dead on match for me but on days when I don't want to use my MAC or Shiseido foundations, I can use this Covergirl makeup. It's not yellow enough to make it one of my HG foundations but I will give this makeup 4 lippies instead of 3! If you prefer drugstore brands, give this Covergirl Advanced Radiance compact a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by budgetaddict

This product has a pump dispenser, which I like because it keeps the unused makeup clean. I apply it with a foundation brush and find it very easy to blend. The coverage seems to be on the lighter side of medium for me: my freckles show through, which is fine with me!, but it covers my red areas. It has a pleasant scent. I have to use a little powder on my nose b/c I get shiny there, and usually have to touch up the powder during the day, or use a blotting paper b/c I don't like shine. On the other hand, it doesn't settle in and look dry around my eyes, or make my cheks look dry, which I like a LOT. Overall, a very good foundation at a reasonable price and I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by missimperfect

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great foundation. Not a fabulous range of shades to choose from, but I bought two (at that price, you can't lose) and blend them for a perfect match.
Very hydrating on my dry skin, great coverage without being too makeup-y. Very happy. I was using Bobby Brown, but I'm done. At the price of CG, I can really play with blends, depending on the season. Love this makeup. I use the formula in the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Bronwyn5000

Could it be? a creme to powder foundation that doesn't sit in my pores/lines, and doesn't make me break out?! My gosh, I love it! I have the worst skin ever, spots, scars, dry patches, general unever skintone, black eyes...and this stuff goes on, covers it, and makes me look like those girls who don't wear makeup ( those lucky ducks)! I do put a powder over it, I guess out of habit, but it's not needed for once. I can't believe I over looked this for so long because of my prejudices with cover girl foundations. Aquasmooth went on beautifully, ended up a mess, and gave me cysts. I assumed this would do the same, but no! Also, I'm very pale, NC15, and I bought Ivory natural, because it looked lighter than Ivory even though it was a few shades after...go figure. Anyway, great match! Tad dark, but I'm used to it, but it blends so that you can't tell, and of course it's good because I look like I have some pigment in my face that isn't a red blotch. I still needed to use a concealor on these AWFUL spots I've had for a week, but I certainly don't mind. Especially since I didn't have to layer it, plus set it. It literally took me 5 minutes to put on my face today. With my other foundations ( Laura Geller, Loreal, Mac) it took me a good 10 minutes just to blend, conceal, set, etc.
Oh one more thing, this does not tug at your skin when applying, which is good since my skin is so sensitive and dry in some spots now that its winter, it really saves the pain. Oh yeah, didn't change color! Lasted for HOURS!!!!!!!!! And if my ex fiancee (who is generally mean spirited) says "hey, you look so nice today" and the only thing different is my face makeup, it's a keeper.
LOVE it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by nicholetiffany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Ivory, and really like this.
The last time I tried to purchase foundation, the cosmetologist claimed that "I was much too young for this", and had me try a Maybelline brand instead. However, I'm back to my CG!

The Ivory is actually a human color, not orange or white at all, and the foundation is super-creamy and applies nice. Doesn't fade, and doesn't turn my face into an oily mess a few hours after application. I do wish it concealed a bit more, as I often have dark circles around my eyes... but overall, the finished result is wonderful and I'd definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bclay

I'm reviewing the Advanced Radiance in the JAR. I love this stuff. I read in MORE magazine that a tester used it in a blind test and would've guessed it as a $50 product. I use a sponge to apply and love the coverage. I'm 54 and have sun damage (brown spots) and so still use my Dermablend to spot cover over it. I have to use powder because I'm stilly oily, and my skin looks flawless. Which makes me a magician 'cause without makeup my skin is not very pretty at all. I will definitely buy this again. Previously I was combining all kinds of liquid makeup in an old Clinique bottle to get the best of the best. It was fun and I still use my concoction on days when I don't need the Radiance. Always use my Dermablend, though. I think this is a great product.