DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ewwwwww. After hearing all the hype about oil cleansers, I thought to myself, why not , what's the worse that can happen? Living in Japan, I have easy access to the brand DHC, and their oil cleanser has received many rave reviews. So, I bought the large pump bottle, for about 30 bucks. So, basically, I paid someone thirty bucks to wreck my face, and break me out like it was 1988. How it works is, you squirt a bit from the pump into your dry hands, and apply to your dry face, rub around, add some water, and the oil emulsifies, rinse off, and voila, squeaky clean skin. NOT! What happens is, you smudge your makeup around, turn it i to makeup sauce, your waterproof mascara doesn't budge, and you break out. The oil is heavy, and admittedly I do not like the feel of it. Especially on my face. But I have dry skin, and thought, maybe this will get me clean and not make my face feel so tight. So, heavy oil face, add water, rinse. Within hours, my chin and above my eyebrows have broken out. Gross. I continued for a week, thinking it would clear up, that my skin was purging, maybe? Nope. The blemishes spread, my face never felt or looked clean, and my husband started to joke that 1986 called, and it wanted its skin back. Not funny. That was the worse that could happen, and it was bad enough that I swore off oil cleansers, and recommitted to my japanese style double cleansing, foam first then lotion.

on 8/9/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I've been using DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Mild Soap for years! I find using the two in conjunction, is the most efficient for my sensitive skin. The best!!!

on 8/9/2013 12:50:00 PM

Since I began using liquid foundation recently, I figured that my previous makeup remover wouldn't be up to the heavy duty task so I opened my DHC cleansing oil and put it to the test.

It's only been my second usage so I won't gush too much about the cleansing oil, but I have used MAC's cleansing oil some years back and I have to say that DHC's is far better. Cleaned my face without leaving an oily residue and my skin felt smooth to the touch. Only in one pump too! I also have chronic hives and my skin did not itch afterwards so it's a plus for me.

on 7/30/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is by far my favorite makeup remover because it literally dissolves all the makeup on your face! I only use it as a makeup remover and a face wash afterwards. You rub the cleansing oil on your face, then add water and it lathers up to a milky looking consistency. I have had may of my friends try this product as well and the ones with combination and oily skin have loved it the most! One of my friends put it to her raccoon eye test. She said all of the makeup removers that she has used have left her with raccoon eyes the next morning, but if she didn't have the same results with the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil she'd buy it. GUESS WHAT! She didn't have raccoon eyes the next morning, this stuff is honestly the best makeup remover!! Oh and it also makes as a great brush cleaner. =)

on 7/17/2013 2:14:00 PM

This broke out in huge whiteheads and I rarely break out! This has scared me away from all oil cleansers. I have combination skin and don't think it needs any extra oil. I'm going back to my tried and true olay sensitive skin cleansing cloths.

on 7/16/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Sigh- this just did not work for me. My skin is not *that* sensitive, usually it is my eyes that react or occasionally my lips but I knew from the very first time this touched my skin that it was causing a reaction. My face just started getting hot and red all over.

Really disappointing because I loved the idea of a one stop cleansing shop for eyes and face but alas it was not to be. My eyes also, unsurprisingly, took it really bad. I did my best not to actually get any in the eye but it is almost impossible when you are cleansing mascara off. They ended up bloodshot around the iris and sore.
But if I am going to be positive- it did dissolve all makeup successfully and rinsed off without a residue, which is what I had hoped for.

The other thing that bugged me slightly is that being in the UK I could only order from the website- and had a surcharge for being in a 'remote area'. It is really not remote in the least and delivery was just by Royal Mail, so it didn't make a lot of sense to me as to why I was having to pay extra.

Black

on 7/3/2013 8:37:00 AM

My skin feels so clean And fresh after rinsing. This is a must have for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is pretty nice. I have normal-dry skin, that can feel incredibly dry if I dont use the right cleanser. This take off all my make-up very well without making my skin dry, tight, or oily. I feel comfortable not double cleansing while using this, and never broke out while I use the entire bottle. It is nice, but a tiny bit expensive for my budget, especially where I can get cheaper alternative. However, comparing with more high-end cleansing oil, this is affordable and effective in its own right.

on 6/20/2013 10:29:00 AM

I love this product. I always purchase several when DHC puts it on sale. Additionally, I like to have the smaller size around for travel, because you don't want to be taking that big pump bottle on a trip, especially if it's already open. I use foundation every day and I love how it just takes all of it off at the end of the day. When I've been without it, I felt like my face was not clean. (Sometimes at my boyfriend's house I use those cloths -- when I do, i just think, is my face clean? I don't think so.) I can also remove eye makeup with it, though I usually use Almay makeup remover pads. After I use this oil, I follow it up with whatever other cleanser I'm using, and that's my nighttime face-washing routine. The oil is gentle, but powerful. Can't imagine not using this.