April 24, 2014 | 978 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by GStelz

I had such high hopes for this product! I use a gentle, non foaming cleanser at night. I had some clogging so I decided that the cleansing oil could be a nice addition to my routine to make sure every last bit of gunk was removed and also to help with some of the clogging. After scouring reviews I decided to make the leap and was so excited to get this at around Christmas (about 4.5 weeks ago).

I began using this product immediately, exactly as directed. It removed all my make up, including my eye make up. The aroma was pleasant to me and it didn't irritate my eyes. After using the oil I still used my Mario Badescu cleanser with my Mia. Within a few days I began to break out. Refusing to believe that the Deep Cleansing Oil was the culprit I continued to use it. Tonight will be the first night in nearly five weeks that I don't use the oil. I am sad because I still believe in the idea of the product but, unfortunately, the past five weeks has left my previously-clear skin in ruins. My skin can be reactive to crappy products but if I stick to things that shouldn't make you break out I'm usually fine. Since introducing the oil I've had deep, painful pimples. Sometimes they come to a head and sometimes they linger deep in my skin and hurt. I haven't had acne like this in over 4 years so it was scary to have it return. The oil is the only change I've made in anything that touches my face so it has to be the cause.

So. I'm sad. Hopefully my skin will clear up. I will report back either way to confirm if the oil was the reason for my break outs. Even though I won't buy it again, I still gave it two lippies because it does effectively remove make up and leaves my face feeling wonderful (albeit covered in painful zits). I plan to give the rest of the bottle to my sister. She has dry skin that never breaks out and she uses olive oil on her skin. I'll try to report on her results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by rclim4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome cleansing oil!! There is absolutely no greasy feeling after rinsing and it manages to take off all my makeup effortlessly. My skin feels clean and soft after using it. I usually follow with the DHC mild soap or Cetaphil. Highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG Cleanser. I've been using this for more than a year and I love, love, love it. When my skin is dry it works, when I'm breaking out it works.
Yeah, it's expensive but it's worth every penny. Removes all of my makeup (even longwear formulas) in seconds and it rinses clean.
I will be repurchasing this for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I think this is the best oil-type cleanser out there. It's super-thorough, removes all traces of makeup, and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. Not the least bit irritating, never any issues with breakouts, this stuff is wonderful. Took one lippie off because it makes my eyes blurry, especially if my contacts are in, but it goes away after a while. Also, this must be applied to dry skin so no using it in the shower. That's a little limiting. But it's such a great product and it is one of my favorite cleansers, a definite re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lifebythedrop

Best oil cleanser I have used. I have combination/oily/acne prone skin and this is the best cleanser at keeping my acne and oil at bay. It also removes all my makeup at the end of the day. I love this stuff so much. I will continue to buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had very high expectations when going to buy this product. I was actually pretty excited for about a week or two into using this treatment then BOOM!, bad breakouts started that definitely went away when I stopped using this.

This was very frustrating because it did exactly what I didn't want it to do! I guess I don't trust cleansing oils anymore at all

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by wildflowerveins

I really do love this cleanser. I have combination skin that gets slightly oily in my t-zone, but prone to dry spots around my nose and chin (especially in the winter). My skin does good with this product. I use it at night to remove my make-up and then follow up with my every day cleanser. I never wake up looking oily and it has never caused me to break out in the five+ years that I've been using it. It also works good on it's own in the winter months when my skin craves a little extra moisture.

I really don't notice any scent when using it. If anything, maybe just the olive oil. But it's very light and it washes off fine with warm water and a wash cloth. I also appreciate that a little goes a long way and one pump is the perfect amount for my whole face. Great product, I'll continue ordering this for as long as it's being made.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

To start off, I have extremely acne prone sensitive super oily skin. I've decided to buy this cleansing oil because I've always suffered from cosmetic acne, and I hope to minimize it.
Upon reading some good and bad reviews, I decided to buy it today and tried it out. I think it cleanses away the make up pretty well and I hope I don't break out from it. I followed with a foaming cleanser after using the DHC cleansing oil to double cleanse, and I must say it let my skin clean. When I wipe and gently exfoliate my skin with a toner, there were alot of dead skins and little sebums coming out. I must say this cleansing oil had somehow gotten rid of those impurities from my congested pores.

From the official DHC chinese website, there was this QnA section where people ask questions on how to use it and the proper way to use it.
**DHC says that you are supposed to apply the oil with dry hands onto dry skin, massage it for 20-30 second, NOT MORE THAN 30 SECONDS. This is because if you massage it onto your skin for too long, it will cause stress on the skin and maybe break out. After the massage, you are supposed to rinse it off with warm or normal water until the water runs clear with no more milky residue.
After that, you must use a facial cleanser of your choice and cleanse your face the second time. DHC says that the cleansing oil only removes make up and you must follow up with a facial cleanser to cleanse your face to remove excess impurities.

I hope this help you guys in understanding how to use this product, and hopefully using it this way will help you discover the amazing results on this product.

I am currently using it with the given steps above and will update if there are any changes on my skin.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I found this oil cleanser to just be ok. It was more effective than MAC's Cleanse Off, but left my skin feeling tight. Took me forever to use up, but will probably be trying another oil cleanser.

EDIT: my mom and I both prefer the cheaper, less drying, just as effective Kose Softimo.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by zombie_candy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin condition summary:
Oily T-zone
Acne-prone (clogged pores, whiteheads, cystic hormonal, PCOS)
Hyperpigmentation from past acne on cheeks and chin
Darker forehead and around mouth with slightly lighter cheeks
--------------------------------------------
This was one of my attempts with cleansing oils and I'm glad I purchased the smaller bottle. Compared to FANCL's Mild Cleansing Oil, DHC is much thicker and requires a slightly harder hard to spread evenly around. I used it to remove my makeup and it does its job, however after a few uses my skin feels tight and dry---more now in the Canadian winter. Also, ever since I've been using it for a week, I've been breaking out a little more around my mouth. It's possible that my skin doesn't like it or it's drying out my skin more and causing my skin to produce more oil, thus leading to breakouts anyway.
I don't know why the DHC cleansing oil gets so many glowing reviews since FANCL's is better hands down at a decent price point.
I have a 1/4 of the bottle left but I'm not sure I even want to finish it.