July 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have an almost full bottle of this still i bought several years ago. i bought it because it smelled so good on a friend. while i love tuberose i just dont reach for this. it is just so heavy and stagnant on me. i really should give it away but i keep thinking i will regret it if i do and i dont know why.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A long lasting, floral fragrance. It smells too strongly of lily and tuberose with a hint of rose and other flowers. It is like someone constantly pushing a fragrant bouquet of flowers up your nose. It stays sickly sweet on me. There is no soft or sandalwood dry down on my skin. Definitely not a fragrance to be spritzed all over the body just a small amount is needed, if at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on a fragrance kick. This is a fragrance I would use for special occasions. I like it...very feminine. Plus, only takes a little bit and lasts all day.
Edit: After the dry down it's powdery and makes me cough. I guess I'll give it away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Arrrrgghhhh. . . . tuberose. Comes out initially like a multifaceted rose, quite lovely. Ten secons later, cue the theme from "Jaws". . . Gigantic tuberose looms menacingly on the horizon partially filling the sky. Yet there's hope, is that oakmoss? sandalwood? treading delicately onto the scene? Wait! Look out! Their beautiful lives cut sadly short by Tyrannica the Tuberose. If this is your thing, great, super duper strong, huge sillage and one spritz will last into the next millenium. Giorgio you've met your match. I'll stick with Aliage and Knowing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by beachgirl82

I personally do not use this fragrance, but my mom has used this for years, and she gets compliments all the time on how she smells, it is a tad bit strong for me and thats why i dont wear it, but the dry down is beautiful... this is such a nostalgic smell to me, for some reason i remember thinking this perfume smelled like apple juice when i was a kid, but it is very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bubblygirl

Thankfully I only had a sample tube of this stuff. If I had paid for this, I would have been so angry.

This perfume has such a bitter-smelling top note that I can't even bare to wait and smell the drydown. It is so repulsive to me, and the initial notes are so strong that if you don't like it you have to wash and wash until you get the stench out. It also reminds me of something an old lady with sinus issues would wear.

If I ever got on an elevator with someone wearing this perfume, I'd retch. I'm honestly surprised that people here actually seem to like it!

HOWEVER, there is one bright spot. Estee Lauder sells a companion perfume called Beautiful Sheer. At first I thought it would be a lighter version of the Beautiful, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. It is nothing like Beautiful at all. Beautiful Sheer smells like a light, sweet floral. It seems youthful but not childish, so it is great for any age. If you are thinking of getting the Beautiful perfume, I'd say hold off and get the Sheer instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've worn this perfume for years, its not meant to be sprayed on, just a little touch will last all day or night. Its best on women who are confident, classy and have a way about them. There are so many layers to this scent, it blooms all evening long and for as long as I've owned each bottle, the scent has never weakened or altered.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by win24

This used to be my HG perfume in the 90's. I do remember sneezing a lot when I wore it. I always got compliments on it though... I tried it again recently and I sneezed again and thought of how strong the perfume really is. I guess I just can't wear it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful is a strong aldehydic sweet floral with some vanilla in the drydown. I personally didn't enjoy being surrounded in this fragrance. Does smell classy and expensive but it's not for me. Incredible lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was kind of harsh and bitter smelling(that brought tears to my eyes almost) in the beginning, but then it dries down to a nice floral- powder scent. I think this is one of Lauder's best scents. The others stank of something old and moldy. I have the generic version. Nice for the Spring and Summer months. Update: The more I wear this, I seem to enjoy it! Great for summer! If it's not applied heavily, than this is very nice! It is harsh in the opening but than it dries down to a powdery floral scent that's crisp and light(although a bit sweet)and yet, it's also a bit citrusy. The same perfumer also made Vanderbilt, which I think smells similar to this. Also, I don't get "old lady" with this, as some have mentioned. Now, I know someone who wore this years ago and I thought it was an "older" smelling scent, but elegant. Just depends on the person I guess! In fact, on me, it smells uplifting and youthful. So, if it is a bit "old lady", than that's okay with me! I'd rather smell an "old lady" (or smell like one!) who wore this than some of those other stinkies out there because at least this smells classy, not cheap!