Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

2.9

water (aqua), tea-lauryl sulfate, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, glycerin, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, fragrance (parfum), peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, polyquaternium-7, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 40 (ci 16035).

on 7/20/2011 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the smell of it and it's somewhat moisturizing.

on 7/10/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I now understand why sephora gives this away for free as a birthdat gift for sephora beauty insiders. Its crap. It smells artificial and fake. I would only use this on my body as a wash or to shave legs. It has a nice consistancy and lathers well. I would never buy this or recommend. Other scents in this 3in1 line from philosophy are much better smelling but the price just doesnt add up.

on 7/2/2011 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Got this as a birthday gift from Sephora. This was the first product I have used from Philosophy so I didn't have any expectations. As a shampoo, I had to use a generous amount of product in my hair. As a shower gel, it lathered nicely. I didn't even bother using it as a bubble bath. Smells just like a birthday cake when in the bottle in my opinion, but when I stepped out and dried myself, I think my skin had a faint scent of bread. My skin wasn't irritated and I felt clean. I'm going to use it as a shampoo and a shower gel when I go out of town soon. A decent product, considering that it was free but I wouldn't spend money for this.

on 6/23/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My skin requires quite a bit of moisture when it comes to what I use on it. I don't expect this to impart any sort of moisture, but it smells DIVINE. Pretty much like everyone else reviewing this, I got it free for my birthday from Sephora. I will not use it regularly, nor will I repurchase it, but I will use it occasionally for those days when I need a pick me up in the shower and I want to smell some delicious vanilla birthday cake (btw, the scent doesn't really stay after washing it off, so if you're looking for something that has a lingering scent when you're done, this is not it).

on 6/4/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I received this as a bday gift from Sephora (thanks!). While I like the fact that it did last me quite awhile (it lathered good on my loofah, I really didn't need much to make a lather), I wasn't extremely crazy about the smell. It smells good don't get me wrong but I just expected it to smell a little more something I can't explain lol. I wouldn't buy this scent again in particular. I also like that with my extremely sensitive skin, it didn't break me out.

on 6/2/2011 6:15:00 PM

I too received this product from Sephora for free (beauty insider day gift). I actually do like this product because it isn't an overwhelming scent and it lathers well. Will it be replacing my bath and body works shower gels? Probably not, but I will occasionally buy this product because it smells so yummy

on 5/28/2011 2:45:00 AM

I am a fan of shower gels and beautifully scented soaps and such for the shower/bath....I got this free from Sephora for my B-day also. I think it's a chintzy attempt at a free gift ..but okay , it WAS FREE ....this stuff is lousy....it DOES smell good ...lather is rather thin ...does not moisturize...it's almost like I did not even use soap at all....Gees , even Suave has better fragrance and lather and moisturizing benefits than this. I cannot believe this is made by Philosophy....they seem to have a good reputation. I will not be purchasing anything by them , if this soap is an example.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i cant really complain coz its free from sephora for my bday but like everyone else...i do agree the scent is very light & u can just slightly detect the vanilla cakey scent unless u put u near ur nose and take a huge whiff lol....it does lather nicely and doesnt make my skin dry

on 5/24/2011 6:23:00 PM

I'm pretty disappointed in this one, it doesn't measure up to Philosophy's normally delicious-smelling products. The scent is very very light and doesn't really smell like vanilla or cake to me. The formula is the normal Philosophy quality, no lasting scent.

on 5/22/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The scent is really light so if you are looking for a great cake scent this isn't it. It smelt a little cake/plastic like to me. It lathers well and does it job. The scent just wasn't up to par.