December 22, 2014 | 1581 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin requires quite a bit of moisture when it comes to what I use on it. I don't expect this to impart any sort of moisture, but it smells DIVINE. Pretty much like everyone else reviewing this, I got it free for my birthday from Sephora. I will not use it regularly, nor will I repurchase it, but I will use it occasionally for those days when I need a pick me up in the shower and I want to smell some delicious vanilla birthday cake (btw, the scent doesn't really stay after washing it off, so if you're looking for something that has a lingering scent when you're done, this is not it).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by prakashni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a bday gift from Sephora (thanks!). While I like the fact that it did last me quite awhile (it lathered good on my loofah, I really didn't need much to make a lather), I wasn't extremely crazy about the smell. It smells good don't get me wrong but I just expected it to smell a little more something I can't explain lol. I wouldn't buy this scent again in particular. I also like that with my extremely sensitive skin, it didn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I too received this product from Sephora for free (beauty insider day gift). I actually do like this product because it isn't an overwhelming scent and it lathers well. Will it be replacing my bath and body works shower gels? Probably not, but I will occasionally buy this product because it smells so yummy

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a fan of shower gels and beautifully scented soaps and such for the shower/bath....I got this free from Sephora for my B-day also. I think it's a chintzy attempt at a free gift ..but okay , it WAS FREE ....this stuff is lousy....it DOES smell good ...lather is rather thin ...does not moisturize...it's almost like I did not even use soap at all....Gees , even Suave has better fragrance and lather and moisturizing benefits than this. I cannot believe this is made by Philosophy....they seem to have a good reputation. I will not be purchasing anything by them , if this soap is an example.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i cant really complain coz its free from sephora for my bday but like everyone else...i do agree the scent is very light & u can just slightly detect the vanilla cakey scent unless u put u near ur nose and take a huge whiff lol....it does lather nicely and doesnt make my skin dry

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm pretty disappointed in this one, it doesn't measure up to Philosophy's normally delicious-smelling products. The scent is very very light and doesn't really smell like vanilla or cake to me. The formula is the normal Philosophy quality, no lasting scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The scent is really light so if you are looking for a great cake scent this isn't it. It smelt a little cake/plastic like to me. It lathers well and does it job. The scent just wasn't up to par.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for my birthday from sephora. It smells pleasant, my husband doesn't like strong scents and he liked it. The scent isn't long lasting so it doesn't compete with perfume. It lathers nicely. is it better than significantly cheaper liquid bath soaps? No, and since I would never use this on my very curly hair and don't take baths (meaning I prefer showers, not that I don't bathe!), I'll stick with cheaper soaps and save this kind of product for a special treat if somebody else buys it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I received this as a free gift for my birthday from Sephora. I really like it. In fact, I purchased it after my free one was gone. It is so creamy and makes my skin soft and smooth. It also rinses clean. I have tried other liquid body cleansers and never liked them but this I love. It is not a strong smell which I also like. I do not want it to compete with my perfume. I do not use this as shampoo nor bubble bath, however it is a great product for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too received this item as a birthday gift from Sephora. Personally I'm a vanilla scent fan, but this really has a barely there scent of vanilla. It does lather easily and doesn't dry out my skin, but it's not an item I would purchase due to the lack of a stronger scent.