Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 6/30/2014 3:54:00 AM

This is one of the first foundation primers I ever bought, I read so many great reviews that I just had to go out and see what all the fuss was about! Unfortunately I did not love this primer. I tend to avoid any mat foundations, preferring the more dewy look, and this primer makes everything very mat looking. It does really smooth out your skin though, so that is great. Unfortunately, I just dont like the mat look personally, so I will be giving this away. If you love the mat look, this is for you!

on 6/28/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

To see results from the Photo Finish Oil Free Primer by Smashbox, let it set for a minute or two before applying your foundation. I have oily skin and I am African American, so I was and still am in search of products that blur my skin imperfections as much as possible while sustaining my make-up. I'm not impressed with this, but it works. And when I go out, I get major compliments on my face; more than I get when I don't use this primer.

After letting your moisturizer set for a minute or two, apply the Photo Finish Oil Free Primer by Smashbox, and then let it set for a minute or two. Then apply your foundation, concealer, bronzer, and whatever else you slather on your face to be beautiful. Be sure to set your make up with a fix it spray ( MAC has a great one!) The results will be there, but don't expect a miracle. It works best on skin that has been thoroughly cleansed, exfoliated, and moisturized.

I bought this in a travel size from Ulta for $15.00. I suggest getting a sample from Sephora's if you're still unsure.

on 6/18/2014 3:16:00 PM

I used this product for about 4 months and I thought it was my new HG. The newer packaging is very easy to use and stays clean. The product itself feels very slippery between the fingers and it applies to the skin like a dream-glides on smoothly and disappears into the skin, probably due to the silicone in its formula. My foundation applied well over it and it made it last all day. Once I feel asleep with my makeup on after using this and my foundation still looked great the next day. It does everything a primer should do. Unfortunately, soon after using this product I started to get deep painful pimples all over my cheeks. After filtering products out of my makeup routine to find the culprit, I realized it was this product. It was unfortunate to have to remove this from my makeup routine, but within a few weeks my skin cleared up drastically. To anyone that doesn't have acne prone or sensitive skin-this could be a great primer for you.

on 6/4/2014 8:30:00 PM

I love smashbox primers. I always take care that I am not applying too much product, as that can cause breakouts or an oily appearance. This helps my makeup stay all day!

on 5/30/2014 3:54:00 PM

I think its as good as the magazines says it is. Im very surprised by the negative reviews. I also have the tendency 2 break out, but this product never caused me to breakout, not even once. It very simply, enhances my foundation, and has a nice consistency. However, I only like the clear and maybe the purple one.

on 5/30/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this stuff after i bought it when i read all the amazing reviews on it. at first it felt amazinggggg, just glided onto my skin but the next day my face had completely broken out and it was the worst break out i had ever had in my life! i tried this a year ago and my skin is still recovering from 2 uses (second time was because i didnt want to believe it broke me out). so definitely will never be purchasing again or recommending to anyone! worst experience i've had with makeup!

on 5/24/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This makes a lot of my foundations go on smoother and more flawless but it breaks me out allllllll the time! so i'm better off looking for a better primer

on 5/9/2014 1:28:00 AM

I love love LOVE this primer! I have tried many primers even ones that are less expensive and comparable to this primer and none of them come close! It leaves my skin smooth and minimizes all of my pores. The finish with my foundation is FLAWLESS! If your thinking about buying this primer DO IT! you won't regret it!

on 5/8/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I really like this primer more than other primers I've bought and sampled. For me, I use a primer to: +Help my makeup go on smoother, +Look better(makeup/end result),+trying to cover up as many pores and imperfections as I can before I put foundation. Longevity is nice, but I already wear full coverage-long lasting foundation(MAC, Shiseido, Estee Lauder Double Wear) so to extend the longevity beyond 15+hours is unnecessary unless I were traveling or at a hot concert, something extreme, etc. I do not think my makeup lasts longer but again, that's not an issue I am concerned about.

This primer does everything I want it to do:+Makeup goes on smoother(SO smooth!), +Skin looks better/more flawless result, and +Pores covered up. One perk which I am relived by this primer is that It is +CLEAR! I have Shiseidos primer which is wonderful....except its pink-white tint, the reason I won't use it anymore. Many primers(ea:Benefit) have a strong pink-white tint that is supposed to go away by rubbing it in, but some dont! Does not flatter me at all, I have yellow-tan skin and it looks horrible on me! So THANK YOU Smashbox for making this primer universal.

I like the fact this is silicone based. I have tried other primers without silicone and they just sink into my skin like a moisturizer, disappear, and do not help with my skin or makeup so...whats the point? I have normal-dry skin and Ive never had an issue with this primer making my skin look worse or drier. I can imagine ladies with combination-oily skin might have a problem. I have Never broken out from this. Comes in a convenient travel-friendly squeeze tube.

What I dont like: The price. This is not cheap and being in Switzerland, the most expensive country in the world, Its a pain. I mentioned it DOES cover pores, but I wish it covered them more thoroughly. I will have to buy a specific spot/pore treatment primer for that I guess.Besides that, this is one of the best primers I have ever used.

on 5/4/2014 10:54:00 AM

I found a sample size of this in my makeup stash recently and decided to give it a go. I don't usually use primer but as the weather's getting warmer my face is a lot oiler. Anyway, I'm not sure what all the hype is about tbh. It doesn't make my makeup last longer, it doesn't cover pores/fine lines and it's a tad greasy. A lot of people rave about this product, and if it works for them and they can justify spending so much money on it - great. But it's not for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors