January 26, 2015 | 966 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is okay for daily cleaning, but if I want a thorough cleanse of my brushes I still rely on a light shampoo. I use highly pigmented colors (foundation and powder NW 45 in the summer) and when I use this there is still pigment on the brush. If I can still see pigment it is not clean. That said, this is great for using every other day or even every day between using eye makeup brushes because I want to keep bacteria down.

For deep cleaning I use Ion clarifying shampoo mixed 1:3 with water every couple of weeks. It gets every trace of waxy/greasy feeling residue off and all of the pigmentation too. The brush fibres do not feel stripped. I have had some of my mac brushes for more than 10 years and they are still densely packed, firm and fluffy. I love MAC brushes, they are truly worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush cleaner. You get a generous amount for the price and it's reasonably effective. I took off 1 lippie because it could be a little more effective. Sometimes it takes me a couple of lathers to get my brushes completely clean. Cleans my brushes well and has a nice clean smell. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by texasangel140

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser leaves my brushes soft and clean (even the brushes with white bristles!). However, it is easy to waste product if you aren't careful. Like others have said, I wish this came in a spray bottle or something easier to handle. It is expensive but it should last awhile. Will repurchase whenever I am out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by tashak23

I absolutely love this brush cleanser. I have tried many others that did not get my brushes clean enough. This removes all the make-up from my brushes that have white bristles (so you know it works). It has a light scent and makes my brushed super soft, with this cleanser I only need to clean my brushed once a week :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by biancaymark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush cleanser often and I would recommend it to others. It's a pretty big bottle and depending on your usage it will last accordingly. Not too pricey either. Good buy overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Grachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does what it's meant to do. My brushes come out clean and super soft. Will never try anything else to clean my brushes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by hankbuddy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works great. Expensive - but lasts awhile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

does what it says. it removes the make up on my brush. helps me keep my brushes clean and now I just need to wash my brushes every two weeks. joy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by stls

That's an effective brush cleanser for spot cleaning.
I dilute it with water 3:1, use a spray bottle to put it in, spray a tissue cloth and swipe my brushes until they look clean. This way it's still effective and much less product is needed. I repeat almost every time i do my make up, so i don't worry for bacteria since i'm acne-prone and hygiene is very important for me to keep my face in good condition.
Of course i have to deep clean every now and then with shampoo - especialy foundation brushes who tend to absorb foundation and powder/ blush brushes that i think are too tufted to be considered clean after using this alone.
Overall i think the cleanser helps and will repurchase many times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I use it to spot-clean my brushes. Just put some of it on a tissue and wipe your brushes back and forth. Repeat if needed. Great stuff but why don't they put it in a spray bottle???