MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cleanser to brushes. I hate when people say to use liquid soap because the soap can potentially damage bristles!

This cleanser works great straight from the bottle, diluted in water or diluted in water and used as a spray.

I don't think my brushes would have last as long as they have if I had used any other cleanser on them.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a good product to clean brushes daily and between quick uses. I put a little on either a small container or a paper tissue (depending on the brush and the product it as on it) I swirl and clean back and forth the brush on the product until I see its clean, let it dry (it dries really quick) and its ready to use again. There is no need to rinse. It cleans any product, either powder, liquid or cream. It does a good job. For deep cleaning I don't recomend this product, this is more for quick everyday spot cleaning. You should deep clean your brushes (I use shampoo and water) once a week depending on how much you use them. Also it lasts a good time according to how much and how often you use it. The bottle is nice, don't squeeze it! The product comes out evenly.

on 8/31/2011 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This product is okay for daily cleaning, but if I want a thorough cleanse of my brushes I still rely on a light shampoo. I use highly pigmented colors (foundation and powder NW 45 in the summer) and when I use this there is still pigment on the brush. If I can still see pigment it is not clean. That said, this is great for using every other day or even every day between using eye makeup brushes because I want to keep bacteria down.

For deep cleaning I use Ion clarifying shampoo mixed 1:3 with water every couple of weeks. It gets every trace of waxy/greasy feeling residue off and all of the pigmentation too. The brush fibres do not feel stripped. I have had some of my mac brushes for more than 10 years and they are still densely packed, firm and fluffy. I love MAC brushes, they are truly worth the money!

on 7/24/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I love this brush cleaner. You get a generous amount for the price and it's reasonably effective. I took off 1 lippie because it could be a little more effective. Sometimes it takes me a couple of lathers to get my brushes completely clean. Cleans my brushes well and has a nice clean smell. I would repurchase.

on 7/23/2011 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This cleanser leaves my brushes soft and clean (even the brushes with white bristles!). However, it is easy to waste product if you aren't careful. Like others have said, I wish this came in a spray bottle or something easier to handle. It is expensive but it should last awhile. Will repurchase whenever I am out.

on 7/12/2011 11:21:00 AM

I absolutely love this brush cleanser. I have tried many others that did not get my brushes clean enough. This removes all the make-up from my brushes that have white bristles (so you know it works). It has a light scent and makes my brushed super soft, with this cleanser I only need to clean my brushed once a week :)

on 7/8/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use this brush cleanser often and I would recommend it to others. It's a pretty big bottle and depending on your usage it will last accordingly. Not too pricey either. Good buy overall.

on 7/4/2011 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Does what it's meant to do. My brushes come out clean and super soft. Will never try anything else to clean my brushes

on 6/30/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works great. Expensive - but lasts awhile.

on 6/1/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

does what it says. it removes the make up on my brush. helps me keep my brushes clean and now I just need to wash my brushes every two weeks. joy.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools