November 26, 2014 | 1729 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

A classic, wearable scent. Like a sexy man mixed with fresh citrus. Very common though, so I have never bought the full size because I do not want to wear the same scent as everyone else. I heard this scent is going to change a little due to new fragrance ingredient regulations, so stock up if this scent is your signature!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shelbyca444

Favorite Fragrance! Always get compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

light & fresh - perfect for spring/summer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Duinnie

I personally like this perfume and its refreshing scent. But I'm no longer using it since everyone seems to have one. I don't want to smell just like everybody else.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

This is the most overworn scent ever and it smells like prostitutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'll be honest: I love this perfume. If I had it my way, it'd be my signature scent. The only thing keeping me from wearing it every day is the fact that it's probably the most over-worn perfume I can think of. Everyone seems to have it. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion on it. So much easier just to spray on something else.

What I don't think people realize is that body chemistry matters when choosing a perfume.In most cases, the way it smells on skin is completely different from the way it smells in the bottle. Because Light Blue is admittedly pretty great-smelling on a perfume strip and doesn't seem too heavy, I think a lot of people feel comfortable buying it without trying it out first. No. Don't do that. There's potential for disaster.

The thing with Light Blue is that it contains both fresh and sweet notes, and which one is more noticeable can't be predicted until you try it out. If the 'fresh' note is over-emphasized, you'll end up smelling like detergent or air freshener. If your body chemistry makes the sweet note stand out too much, you'll get that cloying scent that other people complain about in the comments. In my experience, people compliment me on my perfume, ask me what I'm wearing, and then don't believe that it's Light Blue. Seriously, that's how much the scent varies from person to person- it can be unrecognizable.

On me, Light Blue starts out smelling fresh, and in an hour mellows out to light, 'water-based' sweetness. It's nice and subtle and refreshing. The staying power is average to longer-than-average, and the scent doesn't evolve to something completely different at the end of the day.

Bottom line: As with every perfume, this isn't for everyone. Just because it's nice in the bottle doesn't mean that it will complement someone's unique body chemistry. If, however, it works for you, it's a great, uplifting and summery perfume.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

I think this scent is lovely - balmy, lemony citrus with fresh green accords and some white floral thrown in for good measure. It totally conjures up thoughts of the coastal Italy, the beach, summer, etc for me. When I use this, I think of a perfect romantic vacation. :)

However, it has NO staying power whatsoever and that drives me crazy!

I have several other scents I like a lot better, and they stay on longer, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by srosen24

This is a great perfume, but it does have a slight alcoholic smell to it. It fades after a while and does smell wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mikaylawong

I was really excited when I received a small sample of this perfume from Sephora, because I remembered I had smelled it a while ago and liked it. Boy was I wrong. The light scent is girly and very fresh but extremely strong (the give-you-a-headache type of strong). To me it doesn't smell very expensive if you know what I mean, and actually reminds me of one of those $15 Victoria's Secret sprays. Might be nice for summertime, but not worth the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Yes, it's pretty much tied with Viva La Juicy right now for "Most Obnoxiously Worn and Over Applied Fragrance by Everyone Trying to Be Classy or Just Wearing it Because it Was a Christmas Gift and I Feel Guilty For Not Wearing it" award...

But you know, I still happen to like it. I know that everywhere you go, you will always smell this, however it still smells just wonderful!

And guess what. I still wear it too. Maybe not in public so I won't be a hypocrite, but I really love wearing it around the house. It's just me, and Light Blue, and I'm in my happy little world imagining sand between my toes, fresh laundry, and a little bit of sunshine trailing wherever I go.