October 2, 2014 | 1866 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

This is the most overworn scent ever and it smells like prostitutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'll be honest: I love this perfume. If I had it my way, it'd be my signature scent. The only thing keeping me from wearing it every day is the fact that it's probably the most over-worn perfume I can think of. Everyone seems to have it. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion on it. So much easier just to spray on something else.

What I don't think people realize is that body chemistry matters when choosing a perfume.In most cases, the way it smells on skin is completely different from the way it smells in the bottle. Because Light Blue is admittedly pretty great-smelling on a perfume strip and doesn't seem too heavy, I think a lot of people feel comfortable buying it without trying it out first. No. Don't do that. There's potential for disaster.

The thing with Light Blue is that it contains both fresh and sweet notes, and which one is more noticeable can't be predicted until you try it out. If the 'fresh' note is over-emphasized, you'll end up smelling like detergent or air freshener. If your body chemistry makes the sweet note stand out too much, you'll get that cloying scent that other people complain about in the comments. In my experience, people compliment me on my perfume, ask me what I'm wearing, and then don't believe that it's Light Blue. Seriously, that's how much the scent varies from person to person- it can be unrecognizable.

On me, Light Blue starts out smelling fresh, and in an hour mellows out to light, 'water-based' sweetness. It's nice and subtle and refreshing. The staying power is average to longer-than-average, and the scent doesn't evolve to something completely different at the end of the day.

Bottom line: As with every perfume, this isn't for everyone. Just because it's nice in the bottle doesn't mean that it will complement someone's unique body chemistry. If, however, it works for you, it's a great, uplifting and summery perfume.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

I think this scent is lovely - balmy, lemony citrus with fresh green accords and some white floral thrown in for good measure. It totally conjures up thoughts of the coastal Italy, the beach, summer, etc for me. When I use this, I think of a perfect romantic vacation. :)

However, it has NO staying power whatsoever and that drives me crazy!

I have several other scents I like a lot better, and they stay on longer, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by srosen24

This is a great perfume, but it does have a slight alcoholic smell to it. It fades after a while and does smell wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mikaylawong

I was really excited when I received a small sample of this perfume from Sephora, because I remembered I had smelled it a while ago and liked it. Boy was I wrong. The light scent is girly and very fresh but extremely strong (the give-you-a-headache type of strong). To me it doesn't smell very expensive if you know what I mean, and actually reminds me of one of those $15 Victoria's Secret sprays. Might be nice for summertime, but not worth the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Yes, it's pretty much tied with Viva La Juicy right now for "Most Obnoxiously Worn and Over Applied Fragrance by Everyone Trying to Be Classy or Just Wearing it Because it Was a Christmas Gift and I Feel Guilty For Not Wearing it" award...

But you know, I still happen to like it. I know that everywhere you go, you will always smell this, however it still smells just wonderful!

And guess what. I still wear it too. Maybe not in public so I won't be a hypocrite, but I really love wearing it around the house. It's just me, and Light Blue, and I'm in my happy little world imagining sand between my toes, fresh laundry, and a little bit of sunshine trailing wherever I go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Looking for a citrus refreshing for my mom- in- law. I found it. Lemon, citrus. This one is ageless. I love it also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I have been using Light Blue as a summer perfume since I was 14! It is one of my absolute favourite fragrances ever I adore the fresh citrus scent. It is so crisp, clean and refreshing, plus it always reminds me of the sea, fresh air and sunshine. It has decent lasting power for an eau de toilette, but I do find myself reapplying once or twice throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this perfume because it was light and breezy. It is the type of perfume that can be worn by an 18 year old or a woman in her 60's. It is elegant, pretty, and refreshing. When I first sprayed myself it smelled just like Lemon Fresh cleaning spray. A few minutes later is had more of a cedar, and aquatic smell. It smells similar to Cool Water and Acqua di Gioia. I almost bought Gioia, but it had mint in it and it just made the perfume smell strange to me. I think Light Blue is better for my body chemistry (I have oilly skin). It has a universal appeal because it is not too power, or too sweet, or too musky. It can seem like a boring scent, but it is simple and natural. I believe a lady should use different scents. This is perfect for casual/day/spring/summer. I tend to own two or three perfumes at a time, and I also use body splash from time to time. Therefore I have a lot of choices. I would not wear this at night time at a bar or romantic occassional, but I'll be honest, this perfume may seem simple for a woman but for whatever reason men seem to really like it. I think it is because it is pleasant without being too "loud". I noticed that people were saying that it does not last long. It does last about 3-4 hours, and then you need a mid-day spritz or a splash before going out for dinner. People who have dry skin tend to experience "disappearing" perfume. A woman should layer her scent. You don't even need a matching lotion to pair it with. If you moisturize your skin, especially in the places where you spray perfume, the oils in the perfume will stick on to your skin longer. I have used St. Ives lotion all over my body, and even the unscented lotion helps hold my perfume longer. This perfume is good for the summer because the summer heat makes the perfume "bloom" nicely. Therefore if you wear this in the winter there is not enough heat or moisture in the air to really give this perfume any justice. It is best worn casually in the day-time at a work environment, school, or church. It can be worn at night but it's better to wear this at night during the summer. This perfume could evaporate quickly in the cooler months of the year. The reason I say all of this is because I have been wearing expensive perfume since I was about 14. I would get a bottle from the department store once a year. It was usually for my b-day or x-mas. I learned how to apply perfume properly, and how to differentiate the notes in the mixture. This is a very simple chic type of perfume. It can be expensive so I suggest ordering it online or looking at discount stores like Marshalls or T.J. Maxx. The department stores might have good gift sets/values coming out for V-day so check out the nearest Carson's or Macy's.

This website might be a good reference as to how to apply perfume, and make it last longer.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent quickly grew on me as I kept smelling it off a test strip. A light musky citrus scent. I only do spray this once because its quite strong for me. Also because of one spritz I dont think its lasts long. Overall Im not mad in love with this fragrance but do like it. My boyfriend on the other hand LOVES it! I used to wear Ralph by Ralph Lauren and he always jokes that it smelled like an old woman, really?!