Dior Dolce Vita

3.9

on 5/3/2006 12:23:00 AM

For some reason, this scent just gets me where I live. Yes, it is as cedary as a closet, plus, I ordinarily don't care for fruit notes. But Dolce Vita is just so warm, so nice for fall afternoons and evenings. DV surprised me by growing on me, I'd catch myself wandering back to the bedroom to sniff the bottle. This is another one that makes me long for autumn.

on 3/24/2006 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Nice smell but doesn't really last. Not on me, at least.

on 2/13/2006 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am not sure about this fragrance. I mean - this doesn´t smell like fragrance. This smells like some historic era - I guess 19th century :) Little sweet, little woody, little spicy, little fresh. Interesting, but I am not sure if I´d wear this.

on 2/1/2006 5:01:00 PM

I love his scent! I have worn it for twelve years - it was one of my first fragrances ever - and can't remember how many bottles I have gone through.
A sweeter version of Shiseido Féminité du Bois, Dolce Vita works better with my chemistry.
If you love Dolce Vita you might like Shiseido Féminité du Bois, Serge Lutens Bois et Fruits and Miller et Bertaux #1

YUK This smells like old mothballs to me mixed with a cloying sweetness that gives me a massive headache. All time worst perfume ever :(

Sweet woods, sexy, classy. Peach, rose, apricot, woods. Those notes usually give me cause for worry. Somehow it just works for Dolce Vita. However, I can understand the "80s shoulder pad" association; and it's not for the shy or earthy gal (and proooobably not for the office). If you want it stated loud and clear that you are a dangerous but sweet li'l sex kitten without saying a word, this is your fragrance. INGREDIENTS: Peach, Apricot, Cinnamon, Rose, Magnolia , Vanilla

on 1/8/2006 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I adore this fragrance; it has hints of fruits and the woods. It's a lovely, sophisticated fragrance, which I agree that the "Britney set" would not like. You could call it old-fashioned; I call it a classic.

on 12/16/2005 1:11:00 PM

Happiness in a bottle. I adore this fragrance in the winter time. The sandalwood drydown is especially wonderful, and the combination of woods and fruit is magical. It reminds me of sunshine and orchards. I don't get the '80s at all from this; for that, take a whiff of Giorgio. But I can see that it's for a more sophisticated nose and probably wouldn't be a hit with the Britney set.

EDIT: 1 and a half years later, I find I rarely reach for this one anymore. It's just too rich and sweet for me after all. Reduced to three lippies from five (I still give it three in remembrance of past love.)

on 12/15/2005 12:27:00 PM

I agree with the shoulder pad image, add bright lipstick and big hair, along the lines of Knots Landing – yup, that sums up what I spritzed on at a duty free shop. I was overpowered by the pungent smell of over ripe fruit, powder, some wood and an obnoxious sweetness all mixed together. I later learned that it has peach, which always disagrees with my chemistry. Perhaps the perfume strength is another story, but I’m not going near this little hussy again!;-)

on 5/26/2005 6:09:00 AM

I really really like this unfortunately i somehow never came to buying it....maybe i always think there are better smelling ones out there i would prefer to spend my money trying. the stopper of my miniature edt just broke and i was left with the tiny bottle with some perfume in it stuck forever...o how i miss it, makes you relax and reminesce. goes well with feminine clothings, cool weather, a cup of tea and a nice book. lovely.

Popular Fragrances