April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dolce Vita

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2006 8:08:00 AM More reviews by nefferttitti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not sure about this fragrance. I mean - this doesn´t smell like fragrance. This smells like some historic era - I guess 19th century :) Little sweet, little woody, little spicy, little fresh. Interesting, but I am not sure if I´d wear this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Silaira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love his scent! I have worn it for twelve years - it was one of my first fragrances ever - and can't remember how many bottles I have gone through.
A sweeter version of Shiseido Féminité du Bois, Dolce Vita works better with my chemistry.
If you love Dolce Vita you might like Shiseido Féminité du Bois, Serge Lutens Bois et Fruits and Miller et Bertaux #1

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by peachchampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

YUK This smells like old mothballs to me mixed with a cloying sweetness that gives me a massive headache. All time worst perfume ever :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by dancingoutlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sweet woods, sexy, classy. Peach, rose, apricot, woods. Those notes usually give me cause for worry. Somehow it just works for Dolce Vita. However, I can understand the "80s shoulder pad" association; and it's not for the shy or earthy gal (and proooobably not for the office). If you want it stated loud and clear that you are a dangerous but sweet li'l sex kitten without saying a word, this is your fragrance. INGREDIENTS: Peach, Apricot, Cinnamon, Rose, Magnolia , Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ruhin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this fragrance; it has hints of fruits and the woods. It's a lovely, sophisticated fragrance, which I agree that the "Britney set" would not like. You could call it old-fashioned; I call it a classic.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Tweetch

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Happiness in a bottle. I adore this fragrance in the winter time. The sandalwood drydown is especially wonderful, and the combination of woods and fruit is magical. It reminds me of sunshine and orchards. I don't get the '80s at all from this; for that, take a whiff of Giorgio. But I can see that it's for a more sophisticated nose and probably wouldn't be a hit with the Britney set.

EDIT: 1 and a half years later, I find I rarely reach for this one anymore. It's just too rich and sweet for me after all. Reduced to three lippies from five (I still give it three in remembrance of past love.)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by aalto

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the shoulder pad image, add bright lipstick and big hair, along the lines of Knots Landing – yup, that sums up what I spritzed on at a duty free shop. I was overpowered by the pungent smell of over ripe fruit, powder, some wood and an obnoxious sweetness all mixed together. I later learned that it has peach, which always disagrees with my chemistry. Perhaps the perfume strength is another story, but I’m not going near this little hussy again!;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2005 6:09:00 AM More reviews by suelll

I really really like this unfortunately i somehow never came to buying it....maybe i always think there are better smelling ones out there i would prefer to spend my money trying. the stopper of my miniature edt just broke and i was left with the tiny bottle with some perfume in it stuck forever...o how i miss it, makes you relax and reminesce. goes well with feminine clothings, cool weather, a cup of tea and a nice book. lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by teri804

my gramma gave me this product and i think it smells like someones gramma gave them this product. don't get me wrong i am no spring chicken being in my early 40's, but boy nelly, this stuff is overpowering and pungent to say the least. when i first sprayed it on, it seemed really strong but not too bad. it kept getting stronger and stronger while i was at work (in a hospital)to the point that i scrubbed my scrubs to try and lighten the scent. i developed a massive headache which i STILL have. it has been about 12 hours since i applied the perfume and it has finally settled into a bearable scent, almost pleasant. judging by previous reviews i guess i am just not classy enough for this fragrance. i'll have to leave it to all you dynasty types to continue wearing. enjoy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Tried Dolce Vita for the first time recently when I received a miniature bottle in a gift set. Not a fan of it at all and its scent is reminiscent of cheap bathroom air freshener. Yuck! Comes in a funky bottle but sadly it's one of my least favourite Dior fragrances.