February 1, 2015 | 2147 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Keagan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. I'm dry around the cheeks with an oily t-zone, and I tend toward redness and irritation all over. This is my favorite scrub. It smells like fresh gingerbread, so if you don't like spicy scents, this may well be one for you avoid. (I love it!)

I am a great fan of the glass and metal packaging that many of the Burt's Bees products come in. I try to limit my use of plastics, and I really appreciate when I can find a product that works well for me in a plastic-free package. That said, even if you don't care one way or the other about plastic, there are advantages to the jar. It's very easy to get the last bit of product out of the jar- much easier than with a tube, and since I hate waste, this is also important to me.

I also like the fact that water is not added to the product ahead of time. Yes, it would cut out a step for me, but really- how much of an effort is it to add a bit of water to my scrub before using it? This way, a jar lasts much longer and I really like that I'm not paying for water.

This product leaves my face feeling soft and smooth- moisturized, not uncomfortably dry or tight. With regular use, I have noticed improvements in my skin's texture and tone, and the irritated, blotchy redness that other scrubs leave on my cheeks is a thing of the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by kiwikiwidragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Additional Info: This is not a foamy scrub, nor does it leave that squeaky after feel. This is a scrub designed to be used after cleansing and makeup removal. Use a small amount, use your hands, go slow until you know what your skin can tolerate. This scrub is better for drier/normal skin types unless you don't mind the moisturizer left behind, this is the natural ingredients of the scrub.
I use the Orange essence cleanser and this scub together and they are fabulous together! again, after makeup removal.

This is the only scrub that I can use on my uber sensitive, dry skin. It leaves my skin soft and fresh. The small is natural and it goes away when you are done rinsing it off. I hope Burt's Bee's never stops making this awesome scrub!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I have used this scrub for years, and it does a really good job. It can be a bit dry when you scoop it out of the jar, but mixing it with a bit of water when washing your face solves that. The particles are large, so I tend to use it very gently. I also use it on my arms and feet to help with dry skin. As there is citrus oil in it, I use a gentle cleanser afterwards to make sure there is no residue on my face. If you have sensitive skin, this might work better as a body scrub for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Exfoliates well, however, I do not like the film it leaves on my skin; I think my skin may be too sensitive for the film left behind. This possibly contributed to a bad breakout I had. When I discontinued using this along with the lemon cleanser, my skin started to clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

I dont really like this product, I found it in my cousin's shower randomly so I began to use it. It might be better for people with drier skintones but for me I found it to be kind of ineffective. Works pretty much the same as any other grainy type scrub out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ravenavery

I've repurchased many times. It's not the only scrub I use (also like Clinique 7-day scrub creme), but it definitely beneficial for my skin.

My biggest reason for loving his product is the oiliness -- it exfoliates and moisturizes pretty heavily at the same time, which is ideal for me in winter.

The scrubbing particles are a bit large, and pointy. If you're concerned about ripping pores (an aesthetician warned me of this!), avoid this product. I scrub fairly gently and have not had any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by peony_k

In Singapore, it's so very hard to get one's hands on Burt's Bees products and when you finally get to see them on the shelves of a store, it's terribly expensive! I bought one jar of this for USD7 plus when I visited America last year. It worked so well I HAD to get one to replace the one I used up. It cost me $28 in Singapore! Gosh, that really burnt a hole in my pocket. But I had to part with my moolah because this jar of goopy brown stuff really worked miracles on my face. I was having cystic acne that popped up more regularly than I exercised! This scrub (which I use daily) sloughed the dead skin off, made my skin softer and the pores smaller. Initially (in the first 3 weeks), I was experiencing a lot more outbreak than usual (purging, I guess?) but I held out and emerged a winner! I got fewer and fewer of those pesky, icky pests of a pimple. I still have one or two now but it's way better than before. I am in love with this product and use it sparingly so that the $28 can last me longer. I've begged my friend who's visiting the States to help me buy a jar back. How I wish she'd be back sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by algebraicdisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have EXTREMELY dry skin and this product is the only thing I've tried that moisturizes without making my skin feel greasy. I haven't had dry flakes or patches since using it and my face now has a really healthy glow.....and when I'm kissing my boyfriend he says my face smells like oranges which is a cool bonus. The only thing about it that I consider a negative is that it's in a jar. Don't keep in the shower or it'll fill with water and break apart.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by shandamoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been one of my staples for almost ten years-- but not for my face. It's more appropriate for regular use for normal to normal/dry combination skin than oily skinned faces and definitely a NO if you're prone to cystic acne. I use it as a foot scrub-- it cured my cement feet and the citrus stuff apparently works as a foot funk reducer. My hands get softened as a bonus. Best kept in a dark, dry place to prevent mold growth and separation. This would be prevented somewhat if brown glass was used instead of clear for the jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBreastfeedingnPublic

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was just okay. Not horrible, it didn't irritate me or break me out but it was really nothing special. It's super thick and hard to use and my skin didnt seem to show any improvement. I'd rather get the St. Ive's stuff than this since it's so much cheaper and easier to use. I got it in a small size in a sample pack and I won't be purchasing a full size.