Clinique Aromatics Elixir

3.0

I've never owned this (thank God) but I feel the need to spread the word in any way possible how awful this stuff is. It is hideous. Gross. Repulsive. To say it smells like an old lady is disrespectful to old ladies everywhere, as I am sure there are old ladies out there who do not stink to this degree.

This perfume is not for the faint of heart. It is quite.....pungent. If you like a classic perfume such as chanel number 5 this may work for you otherwise I would steer clear.

Aromatics is most likely aimed for a more mature lady that likes those classic smells. It is very strong like a floral musky scent. I can honestly say that I very much dislike this smell but thats just my taste. There is nothing subtle about the smell. The only real positive thing I can say, in my opinion, is that the scent does last for a long time, but in my case I really would not want it too.

This is one of my all-time favourite scents. Definitely not for the faint of heart, it's not suitable for everyone. Extremely concentrated, a little goes a LONG way. A bottle will last me for years. It's a very sexy, sultry smell and I get compliments when wearing it. Beautiful scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my signature scent. Always return to this when I want to feel sophisticated and empowered. Usually wear at nighttime but sometimes I wear it during the day if I have an important meeting and want a bit of a confidence boost :-)

It is a very strong chypre type of scent - very warm - and I think it's like Marmite (which I hate) and you either love or hate it.

It's not for the clean linen scent brigade or for little girls - it's a full bloodied woman's scent m'lud.

I also love Mitsouko by Guerlain which is also chypre (I think).

This is the absolute worst thing I have ever smelled. It smells like a combination of old lady, dirty hippie, and a funeral home. It is without a doubt THE strongest perfume I've ever smelled too, and I say that as a die-hard Angel lover. Its almost guaranteed to give me a migraine whenever I smell it(I get optical migraines & usually smells DON'T trigger them, but this one sure does). My first experience with this scent was when I was 14. My mom got a sample in a GWP & we both tried it. I immediately became nauseous & dizzy. My mom loved it & proceeded to wear it daily for a long time. This perfume was the bane of my existence all through my teenage years.

I actually forgot about it until today though. I was sniffing around at Ulta, and I saw it on the shelf & decided to try it just to see if they'd improved it or if it might work with my chemistry now. One spritz and I knew I had made a horrible mistake. Within moments I started coughing & sneezing, and my eyes started watering. And after a few minutes, I could TASTE it. I think it seeped into my bloodstream or something. Yeesh, I had forgotten just how bad this stuff really is. I am not a very allergy-prone person, and this is the only perfume I've ever encountered that I'm allergic to.

I'm not trying to be age-discriminating or anything(hell, I love Emeraude, Jean Nate, and Magie Noire), but this is the scent that comes to mind when I think of 'old lady perfume'. Only someone with a dying sense of smell could possibly like this olfactory abortion. Even YOUTH DEW smells better than this, and that is saying something! To get the true impression of this scent, watch the movie Anchorman. Pay special attention to the scene where Brian Fantana tries to score with Veronica Corningstone by dabbing on a cologne called "Sex Panther". The office's reaction when the smell wafts around the office is spot-on to how I feel about this perfume.

To put it bluntly- Aromatics Elixir smells like Bigfoot's dick.

This is the only modern fragrance I can wear or even smell on someone else without getting a headache and/or nauseous. I've been wearing it for years and each and every time I wear it I receive compliments or am asked "what is that lovely fragrance you're wearing?"

When you first spray it on, it smells terrible. Wait a minute. It will soften and unless you've oversprayed (one or two will do) you won't really notice it at all.

I love layering the spray with the body smoother and when I'm feeling really like pampering myself I also use the bath suds. I think they call it a wash or something like that but it does make great bubbles in the tub. Mmmmmmm.

I really, really dislike this one. More than most perfumes I dislike. To me, it's the female equivalent to Gray Flannel.
It's overpowering, and I thought it to be pungent, not at all what I expected by looking at the bottle or the enticing name.
Brand new, it smells to me like a perfume that has 'turned'.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I always liked the smell of forest and this beautiful perfume gives me what I need. It relaxes me and I love it so much! It's my favorite and always will be.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wore this back in the mid 90s and loved it. But then never wore it again till now. I don't know why because it's still as gorgeous as ever. Others can describe the notes better but what is so great about this scent is that it is very different from most of the scents out there. Also, not too many people are wearing this scent so you won't smell yourself coming and going.

Composed by perfumer Bernard Chant (who also did Cabochard and Azuree) Clinique's Aromatic Elixir opens with a bracing, polarizing burst of herbs and citrus, which will have the people in your general vicinity either fleeing in abject horror or turning in your direction to face the beast, intrigued. After this medicinal blast begins to die down, which happens very quickly, the prettiest rose emerges on my skin. Incredibly lovely and fairly realistic, it is a growing, blossoming rose at home among the loamy, moist earth from which it sprang, dirtied up as it is by patchouli and oakmoss - but it is dewy and unmistakably floral nevertheless. At this stage it reminds me a lot of a much stronger, (i.e. more detectable) version of "Y" de YSL's drydown. Lovely stuff if you have the chemistry for it and can wait a few minutes for the bitter top notes to fade.

Popular Fragrances