April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I am VERY fair..I glow in the dark! This product made me a nice deep bronze (not orange)...imagine that! I love it. I have never had a tan in my whole life...I burn or stay pale, those are the only two options for me and neither is very appealing. My sister came to visit and had this gorgeous tan and I started to preach about the evils of the tanning bed when she told me to hush it was fake...I about fell out of my chair! I ran out and bought it..CHEAP..and after about 3 applications I had a beautiful tan too!! I find that if I put on an application about every 2-3 days that I can maintain this color all summer long. If you want something just barely noticable this isn't it, but if you're looking for that bronzed goddess look--then this is a keeper!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ilybabe

The color was ok, fairly dark and easy to apply.
But it looks really, really bad when it starts to fade.
It's blotchy and makes you look like you have alot of bad sunspots.
i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xCOSMOPOLITANxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

kay, so this stuff gives me a dark color after three applications. however, it's more of an orange-brown color and it only lasts three or four days before it starts blotching everywhere and looks terrible. makes me look like i have reptile skin. and then i have to scrub my skin raw to get it off. ehh. the smell is awful as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by JD0818

I found this self tanner at the dollar store. Yep, I bought it for $1! I was so excited I couldn't pass it up. I have pale skin. In the summer, I can get a decent tan, but I'll be working alot = no time for the sun. Plus my face never tans.

The product was really easy to apply, I used about two pumps on each arm, etc. I love that there's an instant bronzer so I could see where I was applying it. It went on really easy, I just had to make sure to rub it in good to avoid streaks.

It didn't last as long as I thought it would, only about 3 days, but it was worth it. I wore it for a weekend to visit a friend & I got so many compliments. Not only will I buy it again, but I already have! I went back and bought two more. Once my mom saw my tan, she wanted one so I might go back for more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color, 6 fl. oz.

I was looking at self-tanners at Wal-Mart and saw this one, and decided to give it a try. I've tried several other brands, but they don't give much color...barely a hint of color, really (and I'm very pale!). I wanted something that would give me a TAN, not a barely-noticable tint.

The first application of this gave me a nice golden glow. Not dark, not really "tan", but it did give more color than the other brands I've tried. The color wasn't streaky, wasn't orange/yellow...just a light bronzing a couple shades darker than my natural skin.

The next day, I applied the self-tanner again. The result was lovely! A nice bronze, several shades darker than my natural skin, definitely "tan".

I did another application on the third day, and WOW!!! LOVE THIS!!! Definitely looked like I'd been hanging out for a week somewhere in the Caribbean, LOL! Great bronze, not a hint of orange to be seen, no streaks.

I'm re-applying the self-tanner once a week now, to maintain my "tan". I do like how this self-tanner builds up the color over several applications, rather than turning you super-dark on the first application. You can build it up to the color you want, and then re-apply once or twice a week to maintain that shade. It's a lot more effective than the so-called "gradual-tanners" (Jergen's Natural Glow and such)...those did nothing but turn me a sickly yellow color.

I will continue to purchase this self-tanner as long as they make it. This is THE BEST I've tried in years, and it was only $5.97 a tube! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Twistedness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow. Thatís all I can say. I first used Jergens natural glow in the darkest shade and I was disappointed. It wasnít the shade I liked. Then I came on here and read all the reviews for Banana Boat in Deep Dark. Wal mart has this for about $6. I went to Big lots, like all you other people :) and lo and behold. $4.
Bargain. The first time I applied it at night and woke up the next mornin darker. no more pasty asian. i look like a latino haha. I applied a second time and im happy. if you read the ingredients, you can see they use Henna extract. Wow.
Im really satisfied.
Its awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Mashina123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK so the tan comes out brown, but an incredibly fake orange brown. It streaked a lot..I now stick to the GT's, mainly Jergens and Hawaiian Tropic

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 10:14:00 PM More reviews by brunette921

This is the best self-tanner I have tried so far....as long as you use it right. I'm a PPP, but I still tried the Deep Dark b/c the lighter versions tend to turn me yellow. This one, however, turned me slightly tan -- which was the result I was looking for. The only thing is that you have to be careful not to overuse this product, cuz after the first 2 applications, it turns a bit orange. But I was very pleased with the result from this tanner.

I would also recommend going on sunless.com if you haven't really used STs before b/c they do provide you with a step-by-step process of sunless-tanning. That definitely helped me b/c I did not want to wind up with a streaky, orange mess!!

ALSO: I forgot to add this. The only spots that the tanner looked really uneven on were my hands, wrists, and feet. I cannot get an even color no matter how hard I try!! So definitely be extra careful not to use too much around those spots!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2006 2:23:00 AM More reviews by EmiIy_MicheIle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! pure brown no orange at all, and it doesnt streak! it does smell pretty badly but i use it at night so it doesnt matter, i even use it on my face and i havent broken out or anything, i'm a pretty pale person with a slight tan now that it's summer and this is GREAT stuff, definatly a HG. i recently starting useing this at night and Malibu Hemp Golden Glow in the morning, and it's a perfect combo! i get tons of compliments on my skin/tan :-D i'm really excited that i finally found something i like. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by usersilver

This is a review for the Summer color self adjusting sunless tanning creme in deep dark. To give you a context, I have light olive skin and am a self tanner addict.
I've tried: fake bake, fake bake extreme, clarins, sublime bronze, no-ad, banana boat, neutrogena, estee lauder, jergens, sublime glow and sheshiedo.
Fake bake extreme is the best for building a dark base but looks fake after too many aps, Banana Boat is the best for maintaining and building a believable tan.
The color guide is light and somewhat helpful, but you don't actually need it much since this is the least streaky tanner I've used. The formula is quite lotiony so you have time to work it in before it dries. When it does dry it isn't tacky or sticky. Self tanner smell is typical, but since I wear it at night it's not a concern.
The color on this one lasts longer than any other I've tried including fake bake and it fades without the ugly skin disease flaking that happens with most other tanners. I usually apply mixed with a squirt of lotion and right after the showe and have never had streaking problems and I'm sloppy about it too =)
So far this one is the drugstore tanner winner.