Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna)

on 5/26/2008 1:59:00 PM

Alone this isn't the be all, end all of ST's, but in conjunction with the Banana Boat spray the combo is awesome. This lotion itself is the darkest ST I've found but a teeny bit orange...still way more brown than most on me. I LOVE the color of the spray but don't get quite dark enough so....I use the spray to get the best brown, the next day use this lotion to darken it, and it's perfect.

on 4/26/2008 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

A huge 'thumbs up' for this one! I bought this because of the positive reviews here on MUA. Glad I did!!

This one provides a great dark color, non streaking and dries VERY fast - faster than I have ever seen. Instant bronzer but it's pretty light. Takes about 4 hours to develop your 'tan'. I just did one application and I was very happy with the results so I left it at that. The smell is strange (all of them are!) but I could care less - it is a great tanner!! The color is a golden brown, not orange. VERY natural looking. In fact, I held my arm up next to my sis who tans at the salon regularly and I was just a half a shade lighter and just as even and brown looking. So this is my new HG of ST's! Cheap on Ebay, cheap elsewhere too. :)

on 4/10/2008 5:45:00 AM

I have only tried the light/medium color one. It works pretty well. I have tried many self tanner. Neutrogena, L'oreal, Clarins, etc...This product give me a really nice and even color and the smell is not bad compare to some like Clarins. However, I have noticed that if I apply lotion before applying this, I won't get much color. So I suggest apply this right after shower or exfoliating and then apply your body lotion or cream. I just purchased the dark one and hopefully it will not give me streaks. I think overall this is a really nice product with an unbeatable price.

on 3/25/2008 3:42:00 PM

I love this product! In the Deep Dark tint, the Medium tint doesn't give me enough colour. Good price. Very natural looking tan. Scent is not bad, better than other brands of self tanner I have used. Just one application always gets me compliments & inquires of "Wow! Where do you tan at?!" A must have for summe!

on 3/25/2008 2:31:00 PM

Whoa! As a Capricorn i am innately skeptical of most everything, especially ST's, however this one is amazing! I don't know about everyone else, but i get so tired of moisturizing every day with the gradual tanners, and they never really get you anywhere...just past the point of pale. I read these reviews and thought YES! All i ever want is to be a bronzed goddess, and NO! I don't think this one will work either! SO last night i exfoliated with plain sugar, shaved and then applied palmers cocoa butter all over after i was dry. Made dinner while my lotion soaked in and then started applying the banana boat ST. I used gloves like some people have recommended and worked up my body section by section. The bronze color is very helpful in eliminating streaks ( you really can see this one) and the texture is nice and smooth. Also, the instant gratification is great! I already felt golden :) I used the deep dark on my legs and stomach/back and the light/medium formula on my chest/arms/shoulders in case the deep dark turned out ridiculous looking. I added a little more cocoa butter all over to aid in blending, and hopped in bed after i had dried. This morning i threw off my covers like it was christmas morning and staring back at me where my normally pink pasty legs are were these golden brown gams! Further investigation showed a browned tummy and softly golden arms. No streaks. Seriously no streaks! Not even on my feet which is usually inevitable. I will do a second coat tonight! So to all the pale girls out there, this is not too dark- as it doesn't streak or look orange, but does give noticeable color after one application. If you want a 'TAN' this is the one. BB I salute you!

I am VERY fair..I glow in the dark! This product made me a nice deep bronze (not orange)...imagine that! I love it. I have never had a tan in my whole life...I burn or stay pale, those are the only two options for me and neither is very appealing. My sister came to visit and had this gorgeous tan and I started to preach about the evils of the tanning bed when she told me to hush it was fake...I about fell out of my chair! I ran out and bought it..CHEAP..and after about 3 applications I had a beautiful tan too!! I find that if I put on an application about every 2-3 days that I can maintain this color all summer long. If you want something just barely noticable this isn't it, but if you're looking for that bronzed goddess look--then this is a keeper!!

on 9/4/2007 3:48:00 PM

The color was ok, fairly dark and easy to apply.
But it looks really, really bad when it starts to fade.
It's blotchy and makes you look like you have alot of bad sunspots.
i wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

kay, so this stuff gives me a dark color after three applications. however, it's more of an orange-brown color and it only lasts three or four days before it starts blotching everywhere and looks terrible. makes me look like i have reptile skin. and then i have to scrub my skin raw to get it off. ehh. the smell is awful as well.

on 5/17/2007 9:41:00 PM

I found this self tanner at the dollar store. Yep, I bought it for $1! I was so excited I couldn't pass it up. I have pale skin. In the summer, I can get a decent tan, but I'll be working alot = no time for the sun. Plus my face never tans.

The product was really easy to apply, I used about two pumps on each arm, etc. I love that there's an instant bronzer so I could see where I was applying it. It went on really easy, I just had to make sure to rub it in good to avoid streaks.

It didn't last as long as I thought it would, only about 3 days, but it was worth it. I wore it for a weekend to visit a friend & I got so many compliments. Not only will I buy it again, but I already have! I went back and bought two more. Once my mom saw my tan, she wanted one so I might go back for more.

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color, 6 fl. oz.

I was looking at self-tanners at Wal-Mart and saw this one, and decided to give it a try. I've tried several other brands, but they don't give much color...barely a hint of color, really (and I'm very pale!). I wanted something that would give me a TAN, not a barely-noticable tint.

The first application of this gave me a nice golden glow. Not dark, not really "tan", but it did give more color than the other brands I've tried. The color wasn't streaky, wasn't orange/yellow...just a light bronzing a couple shades darker than my natural skin.

The next day, I applied the self-tanner again. The result was lovely! A nice bronze, several shades darker than my natural skin, definitely "tan".

I did another application on the third day, and WOW!!! LOVE THIS!!! Definitely looked like I'd been hanging out for a week somewhere in the Caribbean, LOL! Great bronze, not a hint of orange to be seen, no streaks.

I'm re-applying the self-tanner once a week now, to maintain my "tan". I do like how this self-tanner builds up the color over several applications, rather than turning you super-dark on the first application. You can build it up to the color you want, and then re-apply once or twice a week to maintain that shade. It's a lot more effective than the so-called "gradual-tanners" (Jergen's Natural Glow and such)...those did nothing but turn me a sickly yellow color.

I will continue to purchase this self-tanner as long as they make it. This is THE BEST I've tried in years, and it was only $5.97 a tube! continued >>

Top Rated Banana Boat Products