Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 10/8/2013 5:57:00 PM

I am hooked. I had wanted to try this for so long, and I finally went into nordstroms and tried it out. I have to say this make up in 100, is the best match to my skin color that I've ever found. It looks so natural, not makeup-ey at all. Even my fiance noticed a difference. Its also buildable, so you can use it to conceal. The price is eh but if you use a flat brush to apply it instead of spraying it directly, it lasts much longer and makes it worth it. I don't think I will be using another foundation again.

on 10/7/2013 11:38:00 PM

I have this in beige Clair 200.
Beautiful colour, nice packaging and seems to have a lot in the can. Price is ok for me as I think the amount you get and from dior it's reasonable.

First of all, I have dry patches on my face even though I exfoliate and moisturise. This is because I use benzoyl peroxide as I have suffered with acne.
The product does not stick to my dry patches at all! It drys very quickly and evenly, it really gives a perfect effect.

Using it on its own would be fine for people with clear skin but I have very red scars from acne so I use an anti bacterial light foundation first and top it up with dior flash for a flawless finish.

Sprayed on very quickly and easily when held around 30cm from face as holding too near will give u too thick coverage and will be cakey(made this mistake first time I used it and it looked sweaty and awful)

Ok now for the bad part;
As soon as you sweat you will have an heart attack when you look in the mirror! Huge chunks of the foundation seems to of disappeared and left your bare skin showing! The worst effect any foundation has ever had in years or trying and testing! When you try to fix it or cover it up it will make it worse honestly! This is however only if you are wearing a medium to full coverage of any foundation with this over the top or a full coverage of the dior flash by itself. Using a very light coverage will not have this effect when you sweat because u won't be able to notice a big difference

This foundation is excellent if you're not going to get hot or walk for very long. Don't wear this in hot weather!

I have tried to be fair and positive about the product as its good but the formula should have been better and sweat proof!
I will not buy this product again

on 10/2/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I just bought this three days ago....when I first applied it at home I was hooked!!!! it looked flawless on my skin! I have been battling adult acne and it covered my acne scars. But on the third day, I noticed my chin breaking out like crazy!! I totally revamped my skin care regime the last couple of months and my skin has been clear until today! :( I was able to keep my spots under control. All I was left to battle were my scars. But after I started using this product, I have some more spots to fight with. Waaaah!!!!!!

I really wanted to love this foundation. The way it looks on the skin is gorgeous!!! Super easy application as well. I was spraying it on my hand then using a kabuki brush to buff it on my face. But I guess it wasn't meant to be for me and this foundation. If you're skin isn't super sensitive to this, I would definitely buy it.

on 8/26/2013 5:30:00 PM

Meh....I haven't really noticed a big difference. Doesn't do much for me really. I'll give it another shot though because it was so damn expensive and I will force myself to love this for that reason only lol

I just bought this today and I love it already, it gives a glow to your face that I found many foundations can't accomplish. The best thing is it doesn't cover my freckles! It feels extremely light on your face and once it dries and has been set with a powder, your face doesn't feel oily. Overall I really enjoy this product and I will mot likely keep purchasing it.

on 8/23/2013 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Did they change the formula when they changed the bottle's packaging? What used to be medium to buildable full coverage spray is now light maybe slightly buildable light-medium coverage. Thought maybe I got a bad spray bottle and exchange it, but the replacement bottle had the same exact same transparent coverage, like they watered it down more now. If I hadn't bought them directly from Sephora I would have thought I must have bought knock-offs. Seriously, something has changed and not for the better, unless you want to spend $60-some dollars on a matte, lightly tinted non-moisturizer can of spraypaint. The pigmentation is almost non-existent. What a bait and switch. Lower quality product, same price.

Looking to hoard it in old packaging now, wherever I can find the two colors that I have to mix to get as close to my color as possible: 301 + 200 = $124. The new color 201 didn't work for me. This used to be my HG of all HGs but they've cheapened the quality of the product. I am beyond HEARTBROKEN.

on 8/11/2013 2:17:00 AM

I love how natural this finish is. I just wish this came in a wider range of shades. The lightest shade makes me appear orange. It doesn't last very long, but it is definitely worth a try.

on 8/6/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy. Eff. This is THE best foundation I've ever used. I sometimes wonder about companies that make and market foundations. They sound wonderful and I try them and I'm left thinking...what's the fuss about? Like Nars sheer glow is a great example. It's just nothing special. The finish is bland and it wears poorly throughout the day. It also cost me $5 less than the Dior Airflash. The reason why this is worth every penny spent ($60 CAD) is because of the finish, it's beautiful, satin, truly airbrushed poreless finish. It's blend able, build able, and absolutely gorgeous. Its glowy and healthy. It stays put! I hardly need concealer! In fact, I don't unless I get a monster zit, which is rare. This has every quality you'd look for for in a luxury foundation. The idea of spray foundation turns some people off, but you can apply it to a brush, or your hand and its great. Just go easy, and it won't be wasteful. I think the packaging I think needs to be the way it is. It also has a nice classy scent. It's very light, and doesn't linger. It's a gem. My only recommendation is to get color matched correctly! :)

on 7/30/2013 1:14:00 AM

I have large pores and combination skin and this worked brilliantly for me. Shame it's so expensive (about £30). I use it for special occasions. It feels ever so light. You have to apply it with a brush really - either spray on the brush or your hand and dab it on using a good foundation brush. You would waste too much by spraying it directly on your face and of course it would end up in your hair. Lovely product though. Nothing's beaten it for me so far.

on 7/26/2013 5:50:00 PM

I didn't fall for this one immediately, but as I'm using it more this summer with Sephora's Beauty Blender (an item that's due for a good review), I've have grown to love it more and more after every use.

Regularly priced $62 @ sephora, but purchased it with one of their rare 20% OFF coupons.

Likes:
- Lightweight: regardless of how many layers I put on, it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!
- Summer Foundation: this is what got me to love it even more. I've worn this foundation for weddings during the hot summer days in Sonoma/Napa wine country. While I melt away under the heat, the foundation doesn't! I always pair my foundation with a primer for extra stay-put power.
- Coverage: at first, I didn't like how light the coverage was when I applied it the first few times on separate occasions. I now layer this product for more coverage and it actually doesn't feel any heavier, nor does it look thick. One layer, light coverage, two layers, medium coverage, three layers, full coverage. The product sinks into your skin, giving a nice, natural, velvety finish.
- Color match: I ordered this online, based off of the color swatches on Sephora and surprisingly did not need to go into the store to exchange. The color #200 works for me (asian skin, medium-fair color with yellow undertones).
- Photos: looks natural in photos. Sometimes when I use MAC foundation, I look white/washed out in photos.

Dislikes:
- Price: A little on the expensive side. I don't use this everyday, so it has lasted me for more than a year. Yes, far too long to keep foundations, but I don't like wasting products! Doesn't seem like the product has gone bad either, after such a long time.
- Spray Nozzle: I try to spray this very close to my beauty blender so I don't mist everything else around me. No luck, still a bit messy. You'll always find some foundation on you, the floor, or sink somewhere. Other people have suggested cupping your tool in your hand (whether its a brush or the blender) so your hand catches the excess.

As for repurchasing, as much as I actually love this foundation...the price is a bit painful. Dreading the day I run out and have to make the decision to fork out the money or try something new & less expensive. If anyone has suggestions to a similar product at a lower pricepoint, please share!

Video Reviews & Tutorials