August 28, 2014 | 1775 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by doodleygirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over 50 & my smile wrinkles are increasing (corrugated cardboard looks better). Air Flash does not accentuate them. Texture with is btwn matte & satin. I use Cameo (203?) which very close to MUFE 118 (AF is a teench darker & stronger in color).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kikidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation, but highly recommend using it with the Dior brush for the perfect application, whether light daytime or heavier at night. I truly feel airbrushed when I use it! I confess I am a bit of a Dior make up fan - between that and Nars (Zen blush - or bronzer substitute - perfection!) I am pretty set, but I've tried so many foundations over the years (and have worked on counters for Lancome, Chanel and others in my younger days) and this is by far my favorite. My skin looks flawless and feels silky, but not heavy and clogged. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

I wrote a review previously complaining about the color selection... I am so happy! Went to Neiman Marcus this afternoon and found out that they have added 3 more colors! Called a few more stores and they have not got them yet, but most NM should have them by the end of next month, or you can order online.

This is one of my favorite foundations. I know this is a spray foundation, but if you spray it directly onto your face you will waste a lot of the product. Plus it looks so much better when you spray it onto a flat top brush and buff it on. You will look flawless!! The staying power is pretty incredible. It may be expensive, but is definitely worth it in my opinion. Maybe not for every day use, but is great for special occasions, or when you know you will be taking a lot of photos.

Another thing I love to do with this foundation is after using a very light foundation like the Diorskin Nude or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, I will spray a little bit onto my face on top, or buff a bit on over the top. Gives the same airbrushed effect with the coverage being achieved by the first foundation, helps this last even longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by IslandBlu

Dior really nailed it with this foundation. It's lightweight and gives full coverage. I'm not one for wearing foundation that feels heavy or if any at all which makes me love this product so much more because it does just that. The instructions say to spray onto face in a Z like motion, but it will get on your hair if you are not using a wide headband or something to cover around your face. I spray onto my brush and then apply to my face. I feel like I get more use out of the product this way.This product lasts for about 2 1/2-3 months. Great for concealing any dark circles, dark spots, acne scars. For the price I want to make sure every spray is put to good use. I wouldn't trade this for any other foundation that is unless it gave the same flawless look and less expensive, but until then Dior AirFlash it is. Friends of mine always tell me that my skin looks amazing with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

Great foundation. HG potential. It's very light, has a florar scent ( that I don't really like, but it goes away), feels like wearing nothing. The 200 Beige clair is a great match for my NC25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the finish of this foundation. My skin looks so smooth and it's not too matte. It has just the right amount of shine, but it doesn't make me oily at all, which is a problem I have with many foundations. I like that it has buildable coverage and that the foundation does not rub off and lasts all day. The problem is the color selection and the price. I am not light and I can wear 200. In fact, it oxidizes a bit and makes me look tanned when I'm not! My skintone is medium and I would prefer a lighter shade. Also, you don't get a lot of product for the price. I'm not sure that this is special enough to purchase again. The finish reminds me of Guerlain Lingerie de Peau or Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I think either of those would be a better buy because you get more for the money and they have a better color selection.

Edit: I actually like this a lot. It looks very smooth and nice on my skin. Not as cakey as most other foundations. The 200 is actually a great match for my skin. Wearing primer seems to prevent it from oxidizing and now they have more colors! I also like how fast and convenient it is to apply. This turned out to be my go-to foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The price of this product hurts! I had to return it for a few reasons, the price, the color matching (301 looked orange on me), and it didn't feel nice or light on my skin. The color selection sucks! Even if I did find a color match, I think this product is not worth the price. I heard you only get a 60 uses/sprays, which is a rip off!. I'll stick to my Revlon Colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation, but it's certainly not something that I use everyday.

THE COVERAGE is completely buildable, which is what I love about this product. One layer gives medium coverage, but 2-3 will give full coverage and make your skin appear flawless (but somehow not masky).

THE FEEL is very light weight. Even with 2-3 layers, I can't even feel it on my face. There is nothing that I hate more than feeling a layer of makeupo on my face, so I'm glad that this product is so light-weight.

THE COLOR SELECTION kind of sucks. I use Medium Beige 300, which is perfect for my tan NC40-42 complexion, but there are not many shades to choose from (especially for pale girls). The shades that they do have tend to run quite dark.

THE WEAR TIME is very long. I wore this when out partying all night, and it held up nicely. And I was dancing and sweating all night! I don't find that this foundation needs to be set with powder, but I use a TINY amount of MUFE HD Powder since I do have oily skin. If your skin is combo or dry, skip the powder. Also, I think that this foundation actually works better WITHOUT a primer.

THE APPLICATION? This can be applied in many ways. On the Sephora site, they suggest spraying onto your face in a Z shape, then blending. Or, spraying the product directly onto a kabuki, then buffing for fuller coverage. When I want full coverage, I use the Z method twice, allowing to dry in between (using a cosmetic sponge, Beauty Blender, or a flat top powder brush to blend each time). Be sure to hold this product 6-8 inches away from your face when applying. BTW- I advise wearing a thick headband when applying this, because it will get into your hair.

THE FINISH is actually quite natural. Most medium to full coverage foundations don't look very natural, so I was impressed by this. With one layer, you literally can't even tell that you have makeup on. With two layers, it still does not look cakey or mask-like (even though your skin will look completely flawless and air brushed).

THE FLAWS. The only real flaws that I can think of is the crappy color range and the fact that this product does not last long. I've read that you can generally get 60 applications out of it (and that's probably if you only use a small amount). Getting two or less months out of a $60 bottle of foundation is ridiculous. I had to take a star off for this.

WHO IS IT FOR? Women who want a flawless complexion without the look of a ton of makeup. I don't think that this is a good product for girls with dry skin. I've read a few reviews and some dry skinned girls said that this just exaggerated flakiness and dried their skin out even more (I'm pretty sure it has alcohol in it). This is best for combo or oily girls.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I'm a believer! Purchased in 300 Medium Beige for my light tan Asian NC30/C4 (neutral) combo dry complexion. Coverage is completely buildable, with 1 spray = medium, 2-3 = 100% flawless, but can look too perfect, flat, and makeup-y, so I prefer 1 spray all over then spraying direcly on a foundation brush and dabbing on areas that need more coverage. I do not set with powder since it can look too flat as mentioned. The finish is satin matte and does not pick up any of my dry patches. The longevity is ah-may-zing. A 6 hour evening and I never powdered once after apps, drinks, dinner, etc. Glad to have it in my (ever-expanding lol) rotation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

By far the best foundation I have ever used. Waterproof, flawless coverage; can be worn in layers so coverage is controllable. When I wear it, people can't tell I'm wearing makeup.