October 25, 2014 | 1747 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by thepinkviper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was mulling over this for awhile and finally decided to splurge. I know it's not the highest rated here on MUA, but I've seen it on people and it's gorgeous.

The first major con about Airflash are the shades. There aren't enough. I'm NW15 and it's definitely slightly too dark for me, but not really enough to notice to most people. It looks so natural that you can barely tell you're wearing it, so it doesn't look like a mask.

Another con is the price, obviously. $60+, and it's kind of scary because you can't see how much is left and without some guidance it's difficult to tell if you're using it right or being wasteful.

I have five other foundations and tend to use this one when I want to look fancy fast (since you don't really need primer or anything), when I have a special event, or when I'm YouTubing. I have a pretty popular channel and I think this looks the best on me on camera. It's very natural and not shiny.

I have no idea what some people are talking about when they say it's terrible and clogs up your pores, etc. I haven't broken out one time since using this. It feels so natural and great on my skin. And when I react bad to foundation, I break out FAST. A MAC girl convinced me to buy Studio Fix in liquid and I had five pimples on my face the next day. Airflash has never done this to me.

It seems to last pretty much all day for me. I'll admit, I'm pretty young and have youthful skin so maybe if it wears off a little I don't notice it as much, because like I said...it's VERY natural. It's definitely dewy and not matte in the slightest.

To apply, I would REALLY NOT RECOMMEND APPLYING IN THE S-METHOD. Or Z. Please don't. I actually called 15 Dior MUAs around the country and every single one said NOT to use that method. They said it was very wasteful and they also ALL said to use a flat-top or kabuki brush. I use my Sonia Kashuk Flat-Top Multi-Purpose Synthetic Brush and it is AMAZING. It has VERY high ratings here on MUA and is really cheap - like about $15 or less. 2-3 small sprays should cover your face - both cheeks and your forehead. Good advice from a Dior MUA - start around your t-zone when applying and feather it out.

I've read some people that have said not to wear primer because it will make Airflash "melt off" or "not work." Um, unless I'm in a rush I always wear foundation primer AND a beauty balm. I just wait about 3 minutes before putting on the Airflash. I've done it with and without and I think it definitely lasts longer and looks a little better when I prep my skin. Not a ton, but I don't think a primer is a huge no-no like some people say. The Dior MUAs say it's not necessary or to use their primer (of course) sos I really don't see the harm at all.

It's kind of a scary product in some ways but it's definitely worth it. I always receive a ton of compliments and I love how natural it looks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by JenniferLupita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute favorite! Being 18 I have a lot of older people doubt me when I say it's amazing regardless of age, so I decided to use this on my aunt who's 50.. she fell in love & bought the product the next day. The most stunning finish, if you're looking for something light & fast definitely a must have. Depending on coverage you're looking for this product is something you could use alone or over another foundation for a nice airbrush finish. Pricey but well worth, it lasts me about 3 months & I wear it just about everyday so it's great. All in all, a must have if you want that flawless finish and airy feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by doodleygirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over 50 & my smile wrinkles are increasing (corrugated cardboard looks better). Air Flash does not accentuate them. Texture with is btwn matte & satin. I use Cameo (203?) which very close to MUFE 118 (AF is a teench darker & stronger in color).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kikidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation, but highly recommend using it with the Dior brush for the perfect application, whether light daytime or heavier at night. I truly feel airbrushed when I use it! I confess I am a bit of a Dior make up fan - between that and Nars (Zen blush - or bronzer substitute - perfection!) I am pretty set, but I've tried so many foundations over the years (and have worked on counters for Lancome, Chanel and others in my younger days) and this is by far my favorite. My skin looks flawless and feels silky, but not heavy and clogged. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

I wrote a review previously complaining about the color selection... I am so happy! Went to Neiman Marcus this afternoon and found out that they have added 3 more colors! Called a few more stores and they have not got them yet, but most NM should have them by the end of next month, or you can order online.

This is one of my favorite foundations. I know this is a spray foundation, but if you spray it directly onto your face you will waste a lot of the product. Plus it looks so much better when you spray it onto a flat top brush and buff it on. You will look flawless!! The staying power is pretty incredible. It may be expensive, but is definitely worth it in my opinion. Maybe not for every day use, but is great for special occasions, or when you know you will be taking a lot of photos.

Another thing I love to do with this foundation is after using a very light foundation like the Diorskin Nude or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, I will spray a little bit onto my face on top, or buff a bit on over the top. Gives the same airbrushed effect with the coverage being achieved by the first foundation, helps this last even longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by IslandBlu

Dior really nailed it with this foundation. It's lightweight and gives full coverage. I'm not one for wearing foundation that feels heavy or if any at all which makes me love this product so much more because it does just that. The instructions say to spray onto face in a Z like motion, but it will get on your hair if you are not using a wide headband or something to cover around your face. I spray onto my brush and then apply to my face. I feel like I get more use out of the product this way.This product lasts for about 2 1/2-3 months. Great for concealing any dark circles, dark spots, acne scars. For the price I want to make sure every spray is put to good use. I wouldn't trade this for any other foundation that is unless it gave the same flawless look and less expensive, but until then Dior AirFlash it is. Friends of mine always tell me that my skin looks amazing with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

Great foundation. HG potential. It's very light, has a florar scent ( that I don't really like, but it goes away), feels like wearing nothing. The 200 Beige clair is a great match for my NC25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the finish of this foundation. My skin looks so smooth and it's not too matte. It has just the right amount of shine, but it doesn't make me oily at all, which is a problem I have with many foundations. I like that it has buildable coverage and that the foundation does not rub off and lasts all day. The problem is the color selection and the price. I am not light and I can wear 200. In fact, it oxidizes a bit and makes me look tanned when I'm not! My skintone is medium and I would prefer a lighter shade. Also, you don't get a lot of product for the price. I'm not sure that this is special enough to purchase again. The finish reminds me of Guerlain Lingerie de Peau or Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I think either of those would be a better buy because you get more for the money and they have a better color selection.

Edit: I actually like this a lot. It looks very smooth and nice on my skin. Not as cakey as most other foundations. The 200 is actually a great match for my skin. Wearing primer seems to prevent it from oxidizing and now they have more colors! I also like how fast and convenient it is to apply. This turned out to be my go-to foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The price of this product hurts! I had to return it for a few reasons, the price, the color matching (301 looked orange on me), and it didn't feel nice or light on my skin. The color selection sucks! Even if I did find a color match, I think this product is not worth the price. I heard you only get a 60 uses/sprays, which is a rip off!. I'll stick to my Revlon Colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation, but it's certainly not something that I use everyday.

THE COVERAGE is completely buildable, which is what I love about this product. One layer gives medium coverage, but 2-3 will give full coverage and make your skin appear flawless (but somehow not masky).

THE FEEL is very light weight. Even with 2-3 layers, I can't even feel it on my face. There is nothing that I hate more than feeling a layer of makeupo on my face, so I'm glad that this product is so light-weight.

THE COLOR SELECTION kind of sucks. I use Medium Beige 300, which is perfect for my tan NC40-42 complexion, but there are not many shades to choose from (especially for pale girls). The shades that they do have tend to run quite dark.

THE WEAR TIME is very long. I wore this when out partying all night, and it held up nicely. And I was dancing and sweating all night! I don't find that this foundation needs to be set with powder, but I use a TINY amount of MUFE HD Powder since I do have oily skin. If your skin is combo or dry, skip the powder. Also, I think that this foundation actually works better WITHOUT a primer.

THE APPLICATION? This can be applied in many ways. On the Sephora site, they suggest spraying onto your face in a Z shape, then blending. Or, spraying the product directly onto a kabuki, then buffing for fuller coverage. When I want full coverage, I use the Z method twice, allowing to dry in between (using a cosmetic sponge, Beauty Blender, or a flat top powder brush to blend each time). Be sure to hold this product 6-8 inches away from your face when applying. BTW- I advise wearing a thick headband when applying this, because it will get into your hair.

THE FINISH is actually quite natural. Most medium to full coverage foundations don't look very natural, so I was impressed by this. With one layer, you literally can't even tell that you have makeup on. With two layers, it still does not look cakey or mask-like (even though your skin will look completely flawless and air brushed).

THE FLAWS. The only real flaws that I can think of is the crappy color range and the fact that this product does not last long. I've read that you can generally get 60 applications out of it (and that's probably if you only use a small amount). Getting two or less months out of a $60 bottle of foundation is ridiculous. I had to take a star off for this.

WHO IS IT FOR? Women who want a flawless complexion without the look of a ton of makeup. I don't think that this is a good product for girls with dry skin. I've read a few reviews and some dry skinned girls said that this just exaggerated flakiness and dried their skin out even more (I'm pretty sure it has alcohol in it). This is best for combo or oily girls.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No