November 24, 2014 | 833 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the 'not-so-high' reviews on this. I absolutely *love* this little crayon! Yes, you have to blend it in, but it instantly lifts your brows and gives you such a natural and polished look. This is also incredibly pigmented, so I need just a very light swipe on my finger and blend it in. The color for this is a pale pink and is completely matte. I personally prefer this to a matte beige eyeshadow, since matte's tend to look chalky. I also prefer this to a shimmery eyeshadow, since I use shimmery eyeshadows for my eyes already, when I apply a beige shimmery shadow under my eyes it just looks too frosty overall- whereas Benefit High Brow is matte, a light enough color where it is noticeable but natural, and is creamy enough to where it isn't dry or chalky. I highly recommend this to others and have already gotten my sisters hooked! It wouldn't hurt to at least give this baby a try. (:

Another great use is for under my eyes. It brightens them up wonderfully! However, you have to be careful and blend blend blend- I also think this would only work for those who are fair skinned (unless you cover up with concealer afterwards).

And lastly - I've had this pencil for over half a year already and I haven't even sharpened it yet (you only need a tiny bit for each application!) and I have a full pencil left. It may seem expensive at first but you'll see that it pays itself with time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but it's nothing special. I can get the same results from a highlighter or light colored eyeshadow. However what I do like about it is that I can throw it in my makeup bag I carry around with me everyday and it doesn;t take up any room, plush it's not messy. I like being able to apply some in the corners of my eyes and my brow bone during the day when my eyes start to look tired. I wouldn't buy this again becasue of the price. I can find a nude or white shimmer eyliner pencil for a lot less that will do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

No survival product, just an (expensive) gadget with a limited field of application. I admit that it fits its purpose directly under the browline, but you have to apply it with great care, otherwise the result is flaky, unnatural and horribly visible. Make sure to apply it before any other makeup, not even a primer, and blend it diligently. That way you achieve the desired effect of a groomed, youthful brow area.
I absolutely disliked the pen everywhere else in the face. Makeup or just moisturizer underneath renders it kind of rubbery, thus giving you small dry wrinkles not having been there before. On the waterline my eyes got runny and it showed absolutely no staying power. Overall much time-consuming effort for minimal result. Won`t buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nifty little product. I started craving this after watching the girls from the Pixiwoo channel use it. So, what was a girl to do other than give in? Even though I swatched High Brow in-store and didn't like it, I decided nevertheless to purchase it. But, to make my wallet less miserable, I won it in an auction on eBay for almost half price (8 vs. the original 14).

Once it arrived, I was immediately struck at how well packaged, and how beautiful the pencil itself is. This is definitely something that I won't hide in my vanity, in fact, I'm proudly displaying it amongst my brushes. When I swatched it on my hand, I definitely felt like I made a mistake. It's a whitish, pale pink! But, once on my brow bone, it looks great. I just put it beneath my eyebrows and blend, blend, blend. It really lifts the area making it ready for a highlighting eye shadow, and the pink isn't discernable at all. It's also great to cover stray eye shadow and to sharpen the edges of any application of it, or eyeliner for that matter. It looks also very good on the water line, being much more natural than a white pencil.

Overall, for the amount you get, and for how versatile this product is, 14 doesn't seem that much anymore. This is definitely something everybody should try, unless you have something in your arsenal that does all those things just as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

Really like this product! Bought it off Ebay for 12 euro (from Ireland). It is a perfect shade to high light the brow area - not too white or not too pink. The creamy texture makes it very easy to blend into the skin without any powdery residue.

Really sets off any eye makeup look - natural, colourful or smokey.

Benefit Products usually hit and miss - this one is a hit for me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! This is applied right under the eyebrows to make them appear higher and better shaped. It definitely works. The product can also be applied to the inner eyes (like over the tear ducts) or any other part of the face that you want to highlight/make appear brighter. The consistency is easy to blend, but at the same time stays on for a reasonable amount of time once applied. This could also work on eyelids as an eyeshadow base, if needed. It's not CHEAP, but given that it will last a reasonable amount of time, and how versatile it is, it's well worth it in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

I love this stuff. I use it every day under my brow and in the corners of my eyes and it really brightens my whole face and makes me look more awake. I will never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by nedabee

this stuff is great! i couldn't believe how well it brightened my eyes and it looked so natural, too. this is now an essential in my makeup bag.