April 18, 2014 | 1599 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nifty little product. I started craving this after watching the girls from the Pixiwoo channel use it. So, what was a girl to do other than give in? Even though I swatched High Brow in-store and didn't like it, I decided nevertheless to purchase it. But, to make my wallet less miserable, I won it in an auction on eBay for almost half price (8 vs. the original 14).

Once it arrived, I was immediately struck at how well packaged, and how beautiful the pencil itself is. This is definitely something that I won't hide in my vanity, in fact, I'm proudly displaying it amongst my brushes. When I swatched it on my hand, I definitely felt like I made a mistake. It's a whitish, pale pink! But, once on my brow bone, it looks great. I just put it beneath my eyebrows and blend, blend, blend. It really lifts the area making it ready for a highlighting eye shadow, and the pink isn't discernable at all. It's also great to cover stray eye shadow and to sharpen the edges of any application of it, or eyeliner for that matter. It looks also very good on the water line, being much more natural than a white pencil.

Overall, for the amount you get, and for how versatile this product is, 14 doesn't seem that much anymore. This is definitely something everybody should try, unless you have something in your arsenal that does all those things just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

Really like this product! Bought it off Ebay for 12 euro (from Ireland). It is a perfect shade to high light the brow area - not too white or not too pink. The creamy texture makes it very easy to blend into the skin without any powdery residue.

Really sets off any eye makeup look - natural, colourful or smokey.

Benefit Products usually hit and miss - this one is a hit for me!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! This is applied right under the eyebrows to make them appear higher and better shaped. It definitely works. The product can also be applied to the inner eyes (like over the tear ducts) or any other part of the face that you want to highlight/make appear brighter. The consistency is easy to blend, but at the same time stays on for a reasonable amount of time once applied. This could also work on eyelids as an eyeshadow base, if needed. It's not CHEAP, but given that it will last a reasonable amount of time, and how versatile it is, it's well worth it in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

I love this stuff. I use it every day under my brow and in the corners of my eyes and it really brightens my whole face and makes me look more awake. I will never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by nedabee

this stuff is great! i couldn't believe how well it brightened my eyes and it looked so natural, too. this is now an essential in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've never had much of an interest in purchasing any of this brand's highlighting products until I watched a YT tutorial by Pixiewoo and she used this for a look. I loved what it did to brighten her eyes in the video and decided that I "needed" it. It retails for $20 and is a decent sized chubby pencil for the price.

Sephora describes the shade of it as oyster pink and that's very accurate. On days that I don't feel like doing much and want to depart my other lazy eotd (soft ochre pp and eyeliner) I swipe this under my brows for an instant brightening effect. Makes my eyes come alive and look awake whether I feel it or not. I'm not sure how completely unique the shade is though or how it would fare on very pale skintones as it might appear much less natural I think. For reference, I'm NC25-30.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great as a subtle highlighter right under the brow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this pencil for inside the corner of the eye, better even than eye-bright, because I feel like it looks less pinkish and generally prettier. The only issues I have with it are the price, which is a bit steep, and the fact that you lose a significant amount of product as you sharpen it, because the pencil is so fat. Additionally, you can't apply it over shadow or it will get quite flaky. It does help to hide stray hairs between waxing, however, and is handy to keep in your purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by hottcouture

I went to purchase the pencil but sephora was out so I was given a sample ....then I went back 2 get it and I am african american and it depends on how thick I apply to my upper and lower brow how pink it looks but I still apply my mac studio sculpt over top and blend I do like the pencil but I also like variety so it will last me a long time!