Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

on 11/20/2008 3:51:00 AM

Petite Cherie comes in a beautiful bottle - this is true of all AG scents. I bought this in the EDT, which smells like effervescent ripe pears, peaches and flowers to me. The biggest problem with this is that the scent does a disappearing act on me within 10 minutes of application. Tried it on my BFF, same thing happened. She was almost outraged that a perfume that cost this much (I paid 60 pounds) would disappear so quickly. At her urging, I got rid of it. The Emperor's New Clothes indeed.

on 11/15/2008 1:24:00 PM

The reviews for this fragrance are indeed very varied. I was sent a tester of this and absolutely loved it straight away - I resolved to buy it and thought it would become my signature fragrance because I liked it so much. I found it on the internet and when it arrived it was gorgeously packed in a gold pouch and the bottle is very elegant and adorable.
So far so good. As soon as I sprayed it I knew something was wrong. Either the site I got it from was selling knock-off products or else maybe it had gone off? It didn't smell much like the sample although there was a hint of it there in the background. It has a rather musty smell to it. I have been wearing it - because I am such an old skinflint I hate to waste anything! But I shan't buy it again as I think it is really not pleasant!
I can see the notes that other people describe - quite a lot of pear, vanilla, peach. I wonder if maybe this only has a very short shelf life and mine has started to turn? It's too expensive for me to take a chance with another bottle.

on 11/11/2008 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that this product, for all of its good reviews, has some of the most descriptive and disgusting bad reviews of any fragrance I've read about here on MUA. Hope that's enough to cause anyone thinking of buying this to aquire a sample first.

I bought a sample out of curiousity because I've read good things about her line and I love sweet and foody scents. This scent smells on me like your most Old Lady-ish rose perfume that said Old Lady bought 50 years ago, which has continued to intensify and putrify. Throw in all of your yard clippings and breathe deeply. It actually stings my nose a little when I sniff myself.

Hours later it isn't nearly as bad, but it takes WAAAAY to long to get there and it's not worth the agony. I've tried it twice and I'm not going to try it again.

on 11/8/2008 6:04:00 PM

I absolutely love the smell of this perfume...on anyone BUT me. I first smelled this on a woman who used to work in the same building as me. You knew when she had just been in the elevator, ladies room, or hallway. She would leave this lovely trail of peaches and sunshine behind her. A few years later, I finally bought myself a bottle and all I can say is YUCK. This delicate perfume totally clashes with my body chemistry and becomes this sour, musty, headache inducing mess. I was horrified that my body would reject such a gorgeous fragrance...I still have the nearly full bottle tucked away in my nightstand. I can't bear to toss it! I have since accepted the fact that I simply cannot wear most fruity fragrances.

on 10/24/2008 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE Petite Cherie. I am a huge fan of fruity frags and this one fits the bill perfectly. I read some reviews about not wanting to smell like a fruit all day... I DO!

This works very well with my body chemistry (most perfumes don't). The EdP concentration lasts just long enough. I would probably need to respritz every 4-5 hours to keep the scent going.

Petite Cherie smells like peaches and cream and fresh air in the spring. Young and lively and pleasant. Exactly how I want to smell!

on 9/17/2008 6:23:00 PM

I so wanted to love this, but it didn't work out for me. On first spritz, all I could smell was pear, which was nauseating to me. Then, in the drydown, I detected honeysuckle and some fruity medley. It wasn't bad, persay, but a tad too sweet and girlish for me. Too bad, because I was looking forward this!

on 9/12/2008 11:05:00 AM

Get the impression of her honeysuckle, which I love, when I first put this on, and the fruity aspect gets stronger as it dries down, I wouldn’t take it for pear, though. After settling down it’s a soft flowery-fruity fragrance to me, not much silage, would probably have to apply more to achieve that, but it would be too much sweetness for me to take. Applied sparingly it’s a delicate skin-scent. A lot of reviewers describe this fragrance as young & bright & cheerful – IMO it can suit a grown up woman as well as a teenager – but for the ultimate bright cheerfulness – try the Chevrefuille. Has great silage and staying power too :-)

on 9/2/2008 2:58:00 AM

I don't ask much from fragrances except to make me HAPPY, give me a fresh positive vibe and most of all make me wonder what genius could have conceived some fragrance marvels on my collection. This is one of them. I would never expect pears could give me such a feel good reaction!
Overall, this is a girly fresh fragrance that you would expect to smell on a 16 year old blonde girl, not really my type, yet I love it all the same and I wear it often.
I took off one lippie because it has little shelf life: it gets rotten after a year, and because if I put my nose very close to my pulse I can smell something weird "wet dog" as Tania Sanchez would say, but it's a very subtle reaction I only get when I inhale it from a very little distance

Innocent, light, feminine. My boyriend equates this perfume with me, and actually asks me to wear it on special occassions.

I even use this as a spray on clothing from time to time for a more lasting effect.

I love wearing this anytime I am not at work. In the office, it's seems to give off a girly vibe, which doesn't exude confidence. Better to wear no perfume at the office.

This would be a nice gift for a teenage girl, because it's very sweet and doesn't try to hard.

on 8/23/2008 5:36:00 AM

Love the scent. It is one of the few scents which stays true on my skin after hours. I have the parfum spray and use the roll-on one for touch ups. The scent makes me feel fresh, clean and happy. It's a great perk-me-up. Took away one lippie for the high price and generic packaging.

Popular Fragrances