LUSH Honey Trap Lip Balm

New Formula (2013): Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Honey (Mel) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , White Chocolate (Sucrose, Theobroma Cacao [Cocoa] Extract) , Dry Whole Milk , Lecithin , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Glycerine , Flavor , Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum Vulgare) , Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , *Limonene

on 6/18/2012 11:56:00 AM

I tried Honey Trap because I TOTALLY fell in love with LUSH's Whipstick lip balm. However, I am quite disappointed. So, the scent is NOTHING like honey to me. It smells like Snowcake soap from Christmas time (almond scent). Don't get me wrong, I love almonds, but wasn't digging the scent of the lip balm. It kind of grows on you though. If you like the scent in the first place (which many people do), then that's good (:

The thing I was extremely disappointed about is the texture. The first few uses are fine, but after a while, you feel these small dot-like things on your lips. I'm not sure what it is, but it feels like some weird lip exfoliator. Ick.

Now, this goes for all the Lush lip products, the packaging (the lip balm is pressed into a tiny tin container) is sort of annoying. TEST OUT THE LIDS to the tins in the store, because some fall off very easily, while others don't. I don't like to bring this outside of my house (I only apply it after I've washed my hands), but for those of you who do, you don't want the lid to fall off in your purse! Anyway, the packaging does make the product feel "natural," but the germs that the lip balm could accumulate is quite disgusting. I wish that it were in a tube.

Other general observations about Honey Trap is that it has no tint (yay!), it is VERY moisturizing and long lasting (if you can stand the weird exfoliating-like bits, which I can't), and the price is very good ($7) for the amount of product you get (.3oz, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's more than a lot of other lip balms give you!).

Wouldn't buy this product again, but if you're a person who simply adores the scent, I'd see why you'd repurchase it.

on 5/31/2012 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This one smells great, but I just don't like the texture. I guess it is the beeswax, so I have now moved onto ulbrabalm as that doesn't have any in.

on 5/17/2012 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I used to use vaseline, then tried carmex and the skin on my lips started to peel. They were sore and looked horrible. I then brought this product as it had honey (natural antisptic) and I thought it would help soothe them. Its did! 2 days later, my lips were soft and no more peeling. if you want a lip balm that has no protrelum jelly or horrible ingredients or you have little child and you want a balm that will take care of there lips, get this product. It is a bit expensive at 5.25 but its is worth it.

on 3/16/2012 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a serious lip balm addiction problem. Like I don't even want to count how many I have in my purse right now. because it's just way too much. I'm kind of weird in that I like different textures at different points in time, and when my lips are dry, I really like creamy textured balms. This and Lip Service are almost perfect for me when I want that creaminess. I can feel both sink into my lips and almost heal them. I personally love the fragrance and scent, it is kind of a minty, vanilla honey scent and I find it both comforting and refreshing. This balm would be HG for me if the scent weren't seriously disturbing to my boyfriend. Some people like the scent like my sister, but I brought it on a roadtrip with the boyfriend and a few other people and they all agreed it smelled like baby powder. I don't get that, but I won't wear it around him since he'll whine about the smell and so will a few other people, like my roommate, the smell is that strong. So that is why I haven't rated this a perfect even though I have and will buy again.

on 1/18/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Currently loving this lip balm, it lives by the side of my bed and is now replacing Vaseline, my former favourite.
It comes in a small stylish metal tin, ideal for travelling and rescuing sore lips on the go, although sometimes it's a bit difficult to undo, being so small. The product is best used when warmed up with body heat in your hands or under your legs before use, as it is quite solid but goes on perfectly when slightly smoother. Personally I like the smell, it smells like honey and white chocolate with a touch of mint and very pleasant to have on the lips. My boyfriend always comments when I wear it - he really likes the smell (and taste) too.
It's been great for my sore lips in the winter - probably due to the shea butter and almond oil in it - much preferable to using Vaseline and smothering my lips in petroleum jelly.

on 1/11/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Really hard to use it, moisturizes so so. Its pretty expensive product - about 7 USD. I wanted to get this one but the scent was kind of weird, unpleasant almost. I could not see any honey there. I got the Lip Service instead - nice scent but the same texture. I am not a huge fan of these lip balms, so I returned it, yeeey.

on 12/14/2011 3:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

While I'm sort of shocked to read that so many people hate the smell of this, I can't really blame them because I definitely didn't like it when I first smelled it. I only bought it because my friend who worked at LUSH told me I had to get it because it smelled way better out of the store (.... it's this weird phenomenon with LUSH stuff for me...). And indeed, I thought so. It's so yummy - white chocolatey, but I can definitely still smell the honey (... like, almost in a savory way?), and there's also a sort of maple-y/smoky element to it as well that balances out the raw element of the honey note.

It is pretty waxy, so you have to warm it up with your finger for a few seconds before applying it to your lips. Otherwise, love the texture. Pretty sturdy, and you can really layer it on if you need to for drier lips. It gives a nice subtle sheen. I actually really like applying lip balm with my hands, so the packaging isn't a problem for me other than that it feels a little thin/cheap and dents easily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand why this product is SO popular. It moisturizes my lips well enough, but no better than your average, less expensive lip balm. And the smell - very weird and difficult to describe. It doesn't smell that strongly of honey, as the name would suggest, which I found disappointing. If I had to describe it, I'd say it smells like rancid, minty white chocolate, with a touch of honey. It's not terrible, but has a staleness to it that is almost reminiscent of a salve that a nurse's aid would massage into an elderly person's sore muscles. And if it's supposed to taste like vanilla-honey frosting, it definitely does not. I couldn't taste anything except wax. But the quality I like the least is the way it feels on my lips. White chocolate is the fourth most abundant ingredient, which isn't surprising considering that it feels as though I'm applying actual white chocolate to my lips when I use this. Unfortunately, it's not as lovely as it sounds. I have tried applying a little bit of product and I have tried applying a lot, and either way, I don't like the feel of it on my lips (if you apply too much product, it will make your lips white - how awesome is that??!? Ehh, not so much). In order to use up the product, I began applying it as a hand salve, and its moisturizing properties worked well for that purpose. Applying it to my hands every night, I used the entire container in a matter of days (I'm glad to be rid of it, honestly). I'm not fond of that odd, slightly sharp, befuddling smell, but it actually mellowed out over night, leaving a faint white chocolate scent on my hands in the morning, which was rather nice. However, I'm not going to repurchase this product for that purpose since it would be entirely cost-ineffective. As a lip balm junkie, I can say I was very disappointed in this product.

on 10/23/2011 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

very moisturising lip balm. needs to swiped by your finger a few times before u can apply, but lasts long and smells very pleasant and feminine. very small and almost flat packaging which means u can even carry it in a pocket or coin purse. my only issue with it is that it provides very little quantity for the price. about 660 indian rupees. but the quality makes up for it. better than spending 150-300 rupees on a crappy lipbalm. will rebuy!! :)

on 10/14/2011 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
Hydrates really well, lips feel fuller and softer, stays for quite some time (which I personally love, since I hate balms that seem to vanish instantly), convenient make-up bag size.

Cons:
The scent's alright with me but mum can't stand it, so it might not appeal to some. Having to dip fingers isn't exactly ideal either but I'm not too fussed since you can always wash before applying.

Overall:
Definitely the best balm I've used so far, among many others that have been cheaper and more expensive. I'd buy it again because it definitely does its job and that's what counts for me... I just wish the scent was a little more appealing.

Popular Lip Treatments