April 16, 2014 | 998 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I'm on the fence with this. It's not that bad, but it's not the best lip-balm out there. First of all, if your going to buy this and expect it to smell like honey, it doesn't. It's the worst smelling Lush product I've come across and I generally like their scents (and have tried many of their products). The texture is hard, and by that I mean it feels like a wax and if you happen to leave this in a warm place, this will stay pretty solid and not melt at all. With that being said, it can sometimes be hard to swipe out product using my finger. The consistency is on the thinner side and they do an average job at moisturizing. They do feel a little waxy (most likely due to the beeswax in this) and have a horrible taste (like soap). Definitely need to use this regularly to prevent it from solidifying too much or warm it up in-between your fingers to make it apply better. Not my favourite Lush product, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I love the honey smell & the honey flavour. The tin is cute and pretty easy to use. However I hate putting my fingers into things because of contamination. Its soft and softens lips decently. I would say that I mostly love the smell about this, it stays on decently for 45 mins. But I have to reapply often. Big down side. Doesn't soften lips like Lip Service...which is AMAZING. If you are gonna buy a lip product from LUSH get Lip Service, it's a godsend. Other downside my boyfriend hates the taste and he says it feels filmy. Where as Lip Service melts into my lips fast and moisturizes and you can't feel it really.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

will i buy it again? YES YES YES <3 I am totally in love with this lip balm!! It smells, divine, and it relaxes me. and i found, that yeah if you just stil your finger in, then its really hard to work with. But what i do is ill sit down and justpop the little tin under my thigh for a min and it warms it up enough so i can put it on. I love the way it makes my lips LOOK! they look amazing! and the softness of them. Oh lord. this is my HG lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by carmen79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best lip balm ever. Really is a very nice product and the scent is amazing , it isn't as strong as snow fairy. Overall is a great lip moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what I use at night to moisturize my lips. It's not heavy at all, and smells very pleasant. There's no greasy, sticky, or thick after effect, either. It really does just melt right into your lips. My husband has even started using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Lush's Honey Trap lip balm smells divine, and has a soft, gentle texture which makes it a pleasure to wear.

But that's about it. After an hour or so, it feathers into the lines on my lips and I feel like I need to scrub it off or it'll flake out. It's exorbitantly expensive, comes in somewhat inconvenient packaging, and honestly, doesn't stand up to the competition posed by cheaper, better-packaged and equally pleasant lip balms.

While I do love the fragrance, I'd be rather silly to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplvr111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great lip balm that feels great on the lips. I use this alone or after the Lush sugar scrub. I have sensitive lips and this product feels great and keeps my lips smooth at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by shelnmum

I just received this in the mail yesterday. When I first opened the tin, there is a very strong honey smell, which I didn't like. Then when I applied the lip balm on my lips, the smell is less strong, and there is a minty sensation. I wore it on my lips when I go to bed and I could smell it all the time. Texture wise, there is no waxy feel, and this really saves the day. Packaging wise, it would be better if it comes in a tube form. My tin is also dented from shipping....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sthom87

Makes my lips feel very soft. Feels absolutely lovely. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by apgoh2

I'm only gonna comment on the texture of this.... The photo uploaded pretty much explains the packaging of this. Let me start off by saying that this is probably the only LUSH product that does not melt under the hot tropical weather. Honey Trap successfully remained solid despite the high temperature-I suspect that beeswax contributed to this success :) I would almost give it a 5 star rating if it was easier to apply. I mean, you have to relayer your application a couple of times to keep lips moist. I meaits that kinda lip balm that makes yur lips look matte, not overly oily. And it does stay on the lips for some time. Comes in a delicious vanilla-honey scent, the same scent as Honey I Trapped The Kids soap.