LUSH Honey Trap Lip Balm

4.1

New Formula (2013): Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Honey (Mel) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , White Chocolate (Sucrose, Theobroma Cacao [Cocoa] Extract) , Dry Whole Milk , Lecithin , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Glycerine , Flavor , Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum Vulgare) , Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , *Limonene

on 8/16/2012 11:39:00 PM

A nice, non glossy lip balm. Moisturizes well and smells so yummy. It is kind of hard and semi waxy but I like that- it makes it last longer than most lip balms. Doesn't soak in right away but I feel like it does after a while, and makes my lips soft. The packaging is cute but not practical, and I wish they sold it in stick form for on the go/travel. At $7 it's mid-range price. Would buy again.

on 8/6/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Lush products are my guilty pleasure--they're expensive but for the most part they are worth the extra money! And their lip balms happen to be cheaper than some drugstore products in the long run (e.g. Softlips). Since this comes in a tin (which I've never had trouble opening) I prefer to keep it at home where I can readily wash my hands before dipping my finger in rather than using it on the go. I especially like using this before bedtime when my lips aren't in the best shape and I always wake up to smooth, soft lips. Especially when it's cold, you have to warm up the product with your finger before applying it, and when it gets hot, it can melt, though where I live it's cool most of the year so I'm fine with that. I love how this doesn't feel thick, waxy, or greasy on the lips... It feels just right! Honey Trap doesn't actually smell like honey; rather, it smells like white chocolate and vanilla dough, along with a bit of peppermint. It's such a divine combination, and this product is a keeper!

There is alot of bad reviews on this because of the packaging but the woman who sold me it in lush showed me how to open it properly without any difficulty (put in between your palms and twist them in opposite ways) even though the lip balm is a tad pricey i use it after my bubble gum lip scrub and i love the way it makes my lips feel. I also think that the lip balm and lip scrub will last a long time so you will not have to replace it as often. I personally think it is a good product and if i do run out i will repurchase but may try out a different 'flavour'.

on 7/20/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Honestly, there is nothing remotely special about this lip balm. It's a 7 dollar balm. You may like it if you like fast absorbing, non-saturated feeling lip balms and chapsticks. I prefer that saturated feel and I this doesn't give it to me. It wears off quick, it does nothing for my lips. Not to mention the smell is kind of faint and there is no taste. I was hoping it would have some sort of taste. It's not so bad, but like I said it's based on your preference. It has lovely ingredients it just is not as moisturizing as I would have wanted it to be.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm sorry to give this product such a poor review as I really like Lush and really wanted to like Honey Trap. However the packaging is absolutely awful and so inconvenient. It's very difficult for me to open and close with ease. Opening it is such a pain sometimes I don't even bother with it. The texture is like a thick wax and even when spread into my lips leaves a white chunky residue. Smells good, I like the good ingredients however I wish they would re formulate it and change the package!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love this stuff. Love it. I'm on my second little tub of it and it works wonders for my lips. It's fantastic to use after exfolaiting your lips.

I absolutely adore my Honey Trap lip balm. I smelled the tester in the store, and I really liked the scent! It was sweet and suddle and almost buttery-ish. It definitely has the slightest of mint in it, I think, and also some white chocolate. I really do enjoy the scent. I have plenty of lip balms, a pretty full pouch of them, but I don't think I've ever found anything as moisturizing as this one. I exfoliate every time in the bath/shower I take with my Mint Juleps lip scrub (smells like mint chocolate to me, love it as well!) and then when I get out I moisturize with this and my lips feel like a dream! I also have very dry and sensitive skin and I feel like my lips aren't very different. Some lips balms leave them tingling and unpleasantly burning occasionally. They get very flaky in the dry winter and this I feel like helps to repair them. Even in the summer, it makes my lips feel velvety and smooth. The consistancy can be pretty waxy, but the way it feels on your lips and the way it really deeply repairs them, I think it's worth it. You just have to swipe your finger around in it a little to warm it up. I really do reccommend this product and don't think I will be buying any other lip balms any time soon. I think I will be repurchasing this lip balm. Hope this was helpful!

on 6/18/2012 11:56:00 AM

I tried Honey Trap because I TOTALLY fell in love with LUSH's Whipstick lip balm. However, I am quite disappointed. So, the scent is NOTHING like honey to me. It smells like Snowcake soap from Christmas time (almond scent). Don't get me wrong, I love almonds, but wasn't digging the scent of the lip balm. It kind of grows on you though. If you like the scent in the first place (which many people do), then that's good (:

The thing I was extremely disappointed about is the texture. The first few uses are fine, but after a while, you feel these small dot-like things on your lips. I'm not sure what it is, but it feels like some weird lip exfoliator. Ick.

Now, this goes for all the Lush lip products, the packaging (the lip balm is pressed into a tiny tin container) is sort of annoying. TEST OUT THE LIDS to the tins in the store, because some fall off very easily, while others don't. I don't like to bring this outside of my house (I only apply it after I've washed my hands), but for those of you who do, you don't want the lid to fall off in your purse! Anyway, the packaging does make the product feel "natural," but the germs that the lip balm could accumulate is quite disgusting. I wish that it were in a tube.

Other general observations about Honey Trap is that it has no tint (yay!), it is VERY moisturizing and long lasting (if you can stand the weird exfoliating-like bits, which I can't), and the price is very good ($7) for the amount of product you get (.3oz, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's more than a lot of other lip balms give you!).

Wouldn't buy this product again, but if you're a person who simply adores the scent, I'd see why you'd repurchase it.

on 5/31/2012 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This one smells great, but I just don't like the texture. I guess it is the beeswax, so I have now moved onto ulbrabalm as that doesn't have any in.

on 5/17/2012 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I used to use vaseline, then tried carmex and the skin on my lips started to peel. They were sore and looked horrible. I then brought this product as it had honey (natural antisptic) and I thought it would help soothe them. Its did! 2 days later, my lips were soft and no more peeling. if you want a lip balm that has no protrelum jelly or horrible ingredients or you have little child and you want a balm that will take care of there lips, get this product. It is a bit expensive at 5.25 but its is worth it.

Popular Lip Treatments