E.L.F. Total Face Brush

2.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/14/2012 7:54:00 PM

I wear liquid foundation and use this brush for a light dusting of powder. This brush is perfect just for that. I've had this one for about a year and it has held up very well - minimal shedding, no loose handle, etc. I take very good care of my brushes and since I only use this one lightly, I clean/shampoo it every week and so far, so good. The hairs on my brush have become softer with each cleaning. They're still not the softest, but for $1.00, what do you expect? I can see how you would give this brush low marks if attempting to use it for a heavier coverage with a powder foundation, though. It won't pick up a lot of product. If you need a face brush that applies a good amount of powder, I recommend spending the extra two bucks on the ELF Studio Powder Brush. But for me and my uses, this brush works just fine.

on 8/14/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

No. Just...no. It's pokey and scratchy, and sheds like no other. I'm glad I got it for a dollar. It takes off my foundation if I try to set it with powder...I just don't like it.

First off I wouldn't buy it again because it is a brush and I take very good care of them, I love this brush in the summer.It does not hold as much product as the regular powder brush so I can quickly dust powder on because I have Combination Skin. The only con is that it is scratchy and pokey. When I washed it for the first time it got SUPER Fluffy In which I loved <3

on 7/31/2012 8:48:00 PM

I bought this brush on a whim.

The Good: I don't use it with products. It works well with blending in powder and dusting off excess.

The Bad: it sheds like crazy!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this just to try out the regular vs. studio brushes. It doesn't hold product and it sheds. Buy the E.L.F. studio brushes. They are awesome.

on 7/20/2012 6:29:00 AM

I like that this brush only costs a dollar.

I like that it comes with a brush guard.

But that's about it because as Total Face Brush its not much good.

I don't like the feel of this against my face and the bristles feel too long or it just isn't thick enough to stay together like a good brush should.

Applying product is not easy because the brush doesn't pick up enough to spread consistently.

ELF products are a hit and miss affair, this is definitely a miss.

on 7/12/2012 5:51:00 AM

Where I come from, make-up and make-up brushes are enormously expensive. So I thought I'd give the brushes from ELF a go, since they are way cheaper than any brush lines in my country.

Unlike many other reviews it's gotten here on MUA, I didn't find this brush horribly scratchy etc. I've tried worse, trust me. Brushes from "drugstores" (not 'certified' stores, they just sell stuff like drugstores) from China are NO-NO. I once bought a brush, with the same colour as this ELF total face brush (red), it was scratchy, itched on my face whenever I used it, didn't pick up the colours very well, had a LOT of fall outs.... And it also leaked colour when I washed it. A lot. All the times I washed it.

Since I've tried this brush (I've only used it twice so far), I can definitely say that this brush is GOOD - when you look at the price, that is. It does leak red colour when washing, but the bristles are quite soft. I would say it is a dense brush, but ofc not as dense as kabuki brushes. When I got the brush it kind of had a weird packaged smell. Didn't smell nice. But brushed aren't really for smelling anyway.

Overall I would not recommend this brush though. It works fine with me, since it is so cheap. But because of the colour leaking I wouldn't buy it again. If you're fine with the leaking, this brush would be a nice buy. For 1 dollar (where I live 2,5 dollars - perhaps because of taxes) it's a good brush. And it does pick up a fine amount of pigment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Awful just awful. I bought this since my local dollarama carried this for a while. This is scratchy, doesnt pick up products...does nothing.
We cannot get elf in Canada so I just pick up some of the studio line products while in US. I am not sure why anyone would purchase these since for 2$ more you can get the studio line brushes which are awesome btw

on 7/1/2012 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The second that I bought this brush and took it out of the packaging, the handle broke off. Which was a bummer. But it was easily glued back on, so that was okay.

I personally love this brush. It picks up so much product regardless of what it is. I don't use this as my main powder or bronzer brush. I use this as a blush brush. This is for when I want a sweeped on, colorful color to my cheeks. I love it.

I don't get all the complaints with this brush. I don't notice any smell. I love the color of the bristles. And hey, sometimes bristles shed. As long as it's not too often, I'm okay. I haven't noticed any bristles shedding out of this brush though.

I have high end brushes and inexpensive brushes, and yet this ranks at the top for me. I respect the negative reviews, but if you're on the fence about this brush, take my advice and just buy it.

A. It's a stellar brush. Great design, great color, great application. (The only issue is how the handle broke off, but I just got a bad one)

B. It's only one dollar! At least that's how much I paid. A pack of gum is more expensive.

So take a shot at this brush. If you love it, awesome. You just saved yourself from shelling out mega bucks on the same brush for 40 dollars by a different brand. But hey, if it's not your style, it's cool. It's only a dollar.

on 7/1/2012 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I didn't like this brush at all. The hairs on this brush irritated my face.