Lancome Hypnose Waterproof

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof forever. I've tried LOTS of others & haven't found anything better...for me anyway. Some of my clients suggested Lancome Definicils & Hypnose. I tried both...I am in love with the waterproof Hypnose. It completely separates, somewhat lengthens, does a pretty good job at thickening, holds the curl like I've never seen with any other mascara, & NEVER flakes or smudges. I really love it. I own a gym, work very long hours & workout every day. When we workout (middle of the day), I sweat a lot & have never found a mascara that didn't at least smudge. This one...stays put all day long. I'd give it at least 8 or 9 stars if I could.

This is my fave mascara!! I totally love it.
I tend to have more oil around my eye area so mascara is just a mess for me. I had given up on mascara, but decide to try this one and it turned out to be great. So now I'm using mascara everyday again.
I don't know if it's because it's waterproof that why it doesn't run as much (it still smears a little...but that's because I do have 'oily eyes' and oil takes of everything...) But this one's working okay for me. I do find myself having to wipe under my eyes once or twice during the day to clean away the color that got on there but...there's not as much as black as other mascaras I've used.
I would definitely continue using this product because it's the best mascara I've used.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used but the only one that I get compliments on my lashes when I use it. My friends complemented about the curl and the length, along with the volume that this mascara gives me. Even my boss (an old man who doesn't have very good eye sight) complemented abt my lashes secretly to the other admin staff, who told me that he was surprised that I have lashes like westerners despite being a Chinese, lol. Guess he doesn't know the existence of mascara? I also received compliments on my lashes from a Chanel MA and that she stopped to pursuade me to buy their new mascara, lol.

Back to the mascara, it gives more than decent length and volume to my eyes, though not exactly to the state of extreme. This does a pretty good job in thickening my lashes and apparently 1 single stroke is not enough. Luckily, this is very buildable. I just keep brushing the mascara on before it dries. My lashes are black and glossy, which I prefer over "matte" finish. Usually I apply the mascara to my upper lashes with the zig-zag pattern at the base and then brush the wand up. Afetr combing the lashes a bit, I brush the mascara on again at the lash tips.

It holds the curl pretty well - it does flatten a bit after one whole day in the hot and humid weather here. Doesn't clump easily unless the brush is overloaded with mascara, which should be removed first. Doesn't smudge unless you cry and smudge your eyes with your hands. Therefore I can't say this is extremely waterproof though it can survive through the hot and humid weather here in Asia.

The only downside is that the tube dries out in 1.5 months or so. It is still usable but then it is more likely to have flakes under your eyes after half a day. Those can be swiped away easily with finger, tissue paper or a brush, but just, annoying.

Definitely will be re-purchasing - I'm actually on my third tube. Sometimes I drift away from Hypnose and try sth else, but I always go back to this. I have never been this satisfied for a mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this mascara! The best ever!! never clumps and coats all lashes!!

i thought this mascara was my HG, it held my curl, it didn't clump, and it volumized and lengthened and made my lashes look so pretty, but a few hours after i put it on, it smudged insanely under my eyes! this stuff is okay when it comes to waterproof-ness, but its not very oil-proof i guess. i do have pretty oily eyelids and this doesn't do it for me, sadly :(

I've used this mascara for over 10 years. I'm not good at removing my mascara every day so I need something that doesn't make my eyelashes feel brittle. Hypnose isn't the best at lengthening lashes. So,I currently use the Lancome mascara primer followed by a mascara lengthener and finally the hypnose waterproof mascara. This seems to be a great combo.

Update: I don't know if the formula has changed or what but I am getting smudging. I may need to look for another product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I LOVE the regular Hypnose formula and never want to stray. I don't love the waterproof. It looks pretty, but it tends to clump a little more than the normal stuff. I find this stuff to be uncomfortable and dry, and it turns my lashes rock hard. However... it is the only waterproof mascara that I know to be truuuly waterproof and look nice. I've wear it for occasions when I know my eyes will be wet: swimming, funerals, breakups, etc. I'll keep it using it on select occasions until I find something better. As far as removal, it's not a big deal. I usually use a makeup removing towelette for everything, but with this I have to whip out an oilier eye makeup remover and a cotton pad.
Summary: Nowhere near as good as normal formula, looks nice, feels bad, really waterproof. I use it because I can't find better.

This is the best mascara i have come across yet. When buying my newest mascara it was a hard choice between this and Diorshow. However after reading truly awesome reviews of this mascara i have to say i totally totally love it. I do not agree with any of the reviews below that say it is clumpy, i have used it a few times and not found it to clump once. I love how well it thickens the lashes however for lengthening it is ok..not brilliant but not dreadful. However i do have dreadful eyelashes that droop downwards and after trying several mascaras have found them really stubborn. I would definately recommend this mascara, although perhaps not in waterproof as i do find it difficult to remove.

It's hard for me to rate this because at first, I love it. For a couple of weeks it looks great and is waterproof. But then it starts to dry up and get flaky and weird and not waterproof.
I haven't found a waterproof mascara that is all around great yet, so until I do, this is the one I go to.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I luvvved this mascara when i first got it becuz it lengthens, volumizes, and makes them look like false lashes. However, since it is waterproof it is VERY hard to get off and it actually took out 8 lashes when i was trying to take it off. This DEF a weekend mascara or special occasion mascara!

Popular Mascaras