July 26, 2014 | 985 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sholden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this mascara for over 10 years. I'm not good at removing my mascara every day so I need something that doesn't make my eyelashes feel brittle. Hypnose isn't the best at lengthening lashes. So,I currently use the Lancome mascara primer followed by a mascara lengthener and finally the hypnose waterproof mascara. This seems to be a great combo.

Update: I don't know if the formula has changed or what but I am getting smudging. I may need to look for another product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by HauteCosmetics

I LOVE the regular Hypnose formula and never want to stray. I don't love the waterproof. It looks pretty, but it tends to clump a little more than the normal stuff. I find this stuff to be uncomfortable and dry, and it turns my lashes rock hard. However... it is the only waterproof mascara that I know to be truuuly waterproof and look nice. I've wear it for occasions when I know my eyes will be wet: swimming, funerals, breakups, etc. I'll keep it using it on select occasions until I find something better. As far as removal, it's not a big deal. I usually use a makeup removing towelette for everything, but with this I have to whip out an oilier eye makeup remover and a cotton pad.
Summary: Nowhere near as good as normal formula, looks nice, feels bad, really waterproof. I use it because I can't find better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by zoelouise

This is the best mascara i have come across yet. When buying my newest mascara it was a hard choice between this and Diorshow. However after reading truly awesome reviews of this mascara i have to say i totally totally love it. I do not agree with any of the reviews below that say it is clumpy, i have used it a few times and not found it to clump once. I love how well it thickens the lashes however for lengthening it is ok..not brilliant but not dreadful. However i do have dreadful eyelashes that droop downwards and after trying several mascaras have found them really stubborn. I would definately recommend this mascara, although perhaps not in waterproof as i do find it difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's hard for me to rate this because at first, I love it. For a couple of weeks it looks great and is waterproof. But then it starts to dry up and get flaky and weird and not waterproof.
I haven't found a waterproof mascara that is all around great yet, so until I do, this is the one I go to.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by babydmusicdiva89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I luvvved this mascara when i first got it becuz it lengthens, volumizes, and makes them look like false lashes. However, since it is waterproof it is VERY hard to get off and it actually took out 8 lashes when i was trying to take it off. This DEF a weekend mascara or special occasion mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Psychadelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for waterproof mascaras. Because my lashes are short and straight, this mascara holds the curl extraordinarily well. I use just one coat of this before layering on a non-waterproof voluminising/ lengthening mascara and it comes off really easy with J&J make-up wipes. It is rather dear but a make-up bag essential I can't live without! I don't have any problems with clumping, but maybe it's because I use only one coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by jbel80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara when it is fresh and new. It is totally waterproof and keeps the curl and lift all day and makes lashes look thick and dramatic. The brush is really special in how it lengthens and separates lashes. I feel like it really grabs the lashes and pulls them up and up. But very soon after (like 1-2 weeks), the formula dries out a little bit and gets clumpy! Then it becomes a crapshoot whether lashes will look wonderful or a clumpy mess. Then comes the fun in trying to comb the lashes so they aren't all stuck together. I don't know if the formula can be improved, because the stickiness that allows it really thicken the lashes becomes a problem later. I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I haven't tried it, but maybe the non-waterproof formula will be less waxy and clumpy? To compare with Diorshow, I like the brush of Hypnose way better but the Diorshow formula gives more consistent results. I don't recommend this mascara with mascara base. Putting two waxy formulas on lashes just makes them too spidery and clumpy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by ilykthx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara, but not as much as the original Hypnose formula. This one seems more dry and doesn't build up volume/length as quickly or nicely as the original. I find this clumps quite a bit so I have to comb my lashes through every coat. This takes maybe 5 coats to get my desired results whereas the original takes only 2-3 coats. I will probably just buy a sealant for the original then go through this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara for the first two weeks you start using it. It defined my lashes and curled them nicely, even the finest and smalles, but I didn't see that much volume.
Unfortunately it starts to dry out after two weeks, and makes the whole process of applying much harder.
So whoever is satisfied with a two-week mascara, this is wonderful, but I personally wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by chilli

Hmm, I get better results with Maybelline Volum Express. The waterproof version of Hypnose is one of the clumpiest mascaras I've ran into! It does hold the curls and does not budge until you remove it but gives you minimal volume and clumps sooo bad. It's a shame, I love the regular version of Hypnose but this doesn't come close.