April 23, 2014 | 1837 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nessavamp

I've been using this for a few years now. This is perfect for removing dirt/oil/makeup and never used to leave my skin feeling too dried out. However, as of a couple of months ago, it's been leaving my combination facial skin very tight and dry. It might just be something my skin is going through, or maybe the product isn't working right on me anymore. Regardless I'll still continue to use it unless my current situation changes for the worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference: I used this cleanser for about 6 months before I discontinued use.

I switched to this when my skin freaked out about 1.5 years ago and became insanely rashy, splotchy and sensitive. Prior to that, I had combination-dry skin and used Purpose cleanser for years with no issues. Since then, finding a cleanser that removes foundation, doesn't dry me out or cause irritation has been a serious challenge. This was the first cleanser I switched to once I realized my carefree skin care days were over...

This cleanser has a runny consistency, mild scent, enough lather to work with and enough power to remove foundation with a little elbowgrease (+ washcloth). However, it didn't minimize redness and didn't give me a clean feel as I had continually had clogged pores on my nose, chin, and some strange white bumps on my forehead that went away as soon as I stopped using it. On a positive note, it didn't burn my face off either and did manage to keep my skin calmer than the Purpose cleanser.

However, I'd only purchase this again if I were on vacation, etc. and forgot/ran out of my current HG cleanser (Estee Lauder Verite) and needed something in a pinch to get me through ...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser is a new bathroom counter staple. It doesn't provide any extra benefits like acne treatment (nor does it claim to) but it is perfect for removing makeup/dirt/oil before or after exfoliating, et cetera. I have had no problems with irritation. It is utterly non-drying, so I don't have to worry about including an extra cleansing step in my skincare routine or using it a few times a day if I have to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading all the positive reviews but I wasnt impressed. It takes off my tinted sunscreen and powder fine, and didnt leave my skin red, but it felt very tight afterwards and left a film. I have combo skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

this isn't meant for those with sensitive yet oily skin. It didn't clean very well. I didn't use heavy makeup. The only thing I use is a tinted sunscreen. But it couldn't even remove that very well. Been using it a couple of days and already my whole face is covered with clogged bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by CHELLEMI

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best and only face wash I will ever use. I have this one in the 7 oz. blue tube packaging, which is easy to use (all of it) and it lasts for a very long time, about 4-6 or more months depending on how much you use. I use it twice a day, in the morning and night.
It's light and doesn't irritate my eczema-sensitive skin, and it also manages to clean off all my makeup. I feel nice and fresh after using it, and there is no film and fragrance. I haven't had acne in years, so I can't say whether this keeps them at bay or what. It does its job as an amazing daily face wash, and the price can't be beat.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Read rave reviews about this and decided to try it. Removed makeup and had no offensive odor (unlike some other fragrance free cleansers I've tried). I have a very oily t-zone which is acne-prone and this seemed to leave a kind of film on my skin so I won't be using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this face wash, it is for sensative skin, it doesn't have a smell and best of all it does not irritate eyes! This will not make your eyes burn like other cleansers, it is very gentle and will take all your make up off. I only use Jojoba oil when I use waterproof mascara as that's the only thing this product doesn't remove. This removes eyeliner, regular mascara, foundation, powder, eyeshadow just everything on your face that's not waterproof. I have never broken out with this gentle formula, it actually keeps my skin clear and doesn't strip my skin dry. I love the pump version of this because its easier then the other container where you have to open up and squeeze the product. I've been using this for years, in my opinion it is the best cleanser in the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I struggled as to whether or not to give this a 3 or a 4, as I did with the question of whether I would repurchase. In the end though, I found that this is an overall decent cleanser and well priced and I could very well see myself buying this in the future.

My skin is combination and somewhat sensitive. I purchased this on sale and wound up getting the combination cleanser as well. My review of the product is as follows:
Pros:
- Price has gone up quite a bit in recent years but goes on sale fairly often and is definitely worth it on sale. I bought it for $5(CDN).
- Cleansing. This does what it is supposed to do. It cleanses skin very well, even going so far as to do a great job of removing makeup. In fact it did well with everything except waterproof mascara but this isn't designed for mascara anyway. I just like to put a product through its paces and see what it is capable of. Overall I was very impressed with the makeup removing properties.
- Left skin clean without overdrying. Skin felt great after - no noticeable tightness which some cleansers have. No offensive scents.

Cons:
DOES NOT FOAM! Now this is a personal preference of course but I love a cleanser that lathers up nicely. This one doesn't and as a result I often ended up using more product than necessary in order to get a bit of lather. This made me go through it rather quickly. Now this isn't a problem for most people but I feel if you are going to call something a foaming face wash - there should be some foam.

Ultimately the 3-4 issue was totally due to the lack of lather which doesn't affect performance but does affect how much product I personally use and my own personal preferences. Seeing as how it did do such a good job at what it was supposed to - cleaning my skin without any unpleasant side effects- it definitely deserves a 4 and I will most likely repurchase it the next time it goes on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i got the squeeze bottle of this and not the pump, as the bottle has slightly more product in it for the same price.

it's becoming my hg cleanser. i've tried so many other "gentle" cleansers, from purpose to peter thomas roth. they all cleansed okay, but still left my skin feeling a little bit tight.

this does not dry out my skin at all. it's very creamy and feels so nice lathering it on my face. it's just a no frills, gentle cleanser, but it makes my skin feel so supple and soft after. that's what made it hg for me.

you do have to spend a few more seconds cleansing it off your face because i feel like it can leave a "moisturizing" film if it's not cleansed off properly.