September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by agolden94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This face wash so far is amazing! I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and my skin has been acting up for about the past 2 months due to a bad foundation experience (curse you, Revlon Colorstay whipped!). After the first time using this, my skin felt so much better - soft and supple. It actually has reduced the hyper pigmentation on my cheeks as well. I have normal-dry skin, and this also does a great job of keeping moisture in my skin without feeling greasy. It hasn't necessarily helped with the few blemishes I have, but then again this hasn't made them worse (thank god) not is it marketed as an acne-fighting cleanser. Overall amazing cleanser! Will update if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca753

Another solid, and cheap product from Olay. I've used this since middle school, I buy 2-3 bottles at a time so I can have one by the sink and one in the shower. It does exactly what it needs to do, without any gimmicks or outlandish claims. I will always use this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this based off of good reviews I was very excited to use it. after a few days my skin started acting up I ignored it because I already have problematic skin. But I switched my whole skin care routine a couple weeks ago and my skin is almost zit and oil free. well the other day I ran out of my two things I cleanse with (ade creamy cleanser and then oatmeal) anyway I was lazy going out to get them so I used my olay face wash today and its been about 7 hours since ive showered and bam! The start of a cyctic zit. Now I realize this wash was giving me cystic acne before when I was using it. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ontario88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for a couple years now.
I absolutely love it, I was my face when I get up in the morning and when I go to bed. My skin feels amazing after!
It's also great when you go to bed with makeup on and use this in the morning... it has become a daily routine now.
This product is gentle on all face types, plus its unscented.
Would recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After years of using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash, I was looking for something that wouldn't be as irritating and drying as Neutrogena. Olay Sensitive Skin has been perfect so far. It doesn't really "foam" though. It's very gentle on my skin, no issues with tightness and hasn't broken me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my second ever facial cleanser when I was around 10 years old and just starting to venture into the world of skincare. After a terrible experience with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash, I turned to this to help calm my skin.

The product does not foam easily, but a dime-sized amount with some work between the palms will generate enough coverage for my face. I didn't wear makeup at the time, so I can't speak on its removal abilities. After splashing with warm water, my face was clean but not too tight. I still felt the need for a facial moisturizer (Olay sensitive at the time), but it wasn't unbearable like the Neutrogena was.

This product didn't help to reduce my breakouts, but it didn't do anything to aggravate it either. Thinking back to how it felt, I doubt it would remove my makeup without the help of toner today. However, I can't deny that it would be a solid staple for those without major acne issues and for those who wear minimal makeup. It's a good, clean-cut cleanser that does what it claims to do without breaking the bank.

I won't repurchase, but will recommend to friends who fit the above description. Also, Olay is unfortunately not cruelty-free. This plays into my non-repurchasing decision, but not into the product rating itself (I believe the product performance is a separate item from the company policy).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mocha4321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just recently purchased the Foaming Face Wash For Sensitive in a Tube after reading good reviews(majority) about it. My skin is combination, T-zone is always oily, cheecks are sometimes dry/normal. The first time i tried it ,it made my face felt like i washed it with lotion. It made my skin oily and made me breakout. The only good thing about the product is it has no fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I try to wait at least a couple of months before reviewing a product. I've been using this cleanser every night for 3 months, so I feel compelled to give my review. This cleanser is AWESOME!!! It gently and easily removes all my makeup. I don't feel the need to pre-cleanse...this product is truly a one-step makeup remover and cleanser. My extremely clog-prone/sensitive skin is left clean with absolutely NO DRYNESS! Woo-hoo! That's a total score in my book! Absolutely no breakouts or clogs. Yes, yes, and yes ladies! Such a nice product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finished my first tube of this a few weeks ago and was satisfied with its cleansing properties, but not completely with the mildly stripped feeling my face had afterwards. For starters, I have at the moment very dry skin due to my pregnancy. I was looking for a drugstore facial cleanser to use after cold cream makeup removal, and had heard that Olay's foaming facial wash was less drying than other comparably priced drugstore cleansers. Being extremely sensitive to perfumes, that it came in a perfume-free sensitive skin variety and at that particular price point was a big plus.

I bought this in the tube, rather than the pump packaging, as the amount of product to price ratio was slightly better than the pump, at least at the Target I had gotten mine from. I'm a big fan of tube packaging for things like facial cleanser: it's just as hygenic as a pump, but wastes much less product. The tube stands upright on its large head readily for easy storage as well, so that was a plus for me.

While I used it, I felt no stinging or other bad reactions on my skin, though it did irritate my eyes if I accidentally let some run into them. It foamed adequately, although for a sensitive facial product that was a bit of a disappointment - the chemical agents used to produce the purely cosmetic "foaming" properties are usually things that are unnecessary to the actual cleansing of the skin, and can often be irritants for extremely sensitive skin. But, for those of us who are not overly sensitive and like to see where we've washed our faces before rinsing, the foam is handy. It didn't irritate my skin, at the least, and they do advertise that it foams right in the name of the product.

While my skin wasn't irritated during the wash, I did notice that my face felt a little bit tight and dry after using it. Nothing terrible enough to make me want to stop, however. I've tried sensitive facial cleansers that didn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry, but irritated my skin during the washing process. I have to say I much prefer Olay's lack of irritation, and curing the "dry" feeling with a good moisturizer afterwards, rather than putting up with any sort of irritation whatsoever. Still, because it isn't as gentle as it could be on dry skin, I knocked a half point off.

The other half point is because this product is not available in the "sensitive" formulation in Europe, where I live, and costs at least twice as much for a much smaller bottle as well. The bottle I finished is the US version, but availability and pricing in Europe made me knock it down by another half point. Still a solid performer that I'd recommend and if I could go back to the US, I would definitely buy another bottle to bring home.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never had a cleanser that both dried my skin and clogged my pores at the same time. That was, of course, until I tried this one. My skin is combo/dehydrated and finding a cleanser that cleanses without over drying or leaving a residue is a challenge for me. This dried my skin out and made it clogged and red. The only good point of this is that it was truelly fragrance free and lathered quite well. Some other reviewers said that they couldn't get this to lather but I never had that problem. As the directions on the tube stated I wet my face and hands and squeezed a dime size of the cleanser into the palm of my hand and added water and it foamed just fine.