November 27, 2014 | 1393 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

This is a great cleanser it is so gentle and does not break me out, takes off all my makeup and most of my eye makeup. Love it! Also there is pretty much no scent. Absolutely no complaints when it comes to this fabulous facewash.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore this foaming, fragrance-free cleanser. It's so gentle, yet removes all of my makeup without leaving my face dry and tight, or red and blotchy.
I always stray as I love trying out different products; but all other cleansers end up disappointing me and I come back to this simple, yet effective cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I LOVE this face wash! It is so gentle and gets my makeup off, even mascara. It doesn't really have a scent. It foams up a good amount, and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight after. It is very affordable. It also doesn't break out my acne prone skin. Love it!! HG product!
There are two types of bottles you can but it in: a hard pump type bottle or a tube (see pictures).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahdbillingsley

This is my new all time favorite face wash, and that says a lot because I have literally tried everything from the drug store.

I've tried cetaphil, clean and clear, neutrogena, nivea, garnier... basically anything you can think of. I used proactiv for a few years and it did a lot of damage to my skin which left my face super sensitive, dry and acne prone. I react to basically every product, but NOT this one!!

This face wash is a dream. It doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever, and it leaves my skin soft. No scent, no soap, no oil, and it foams perfectly! You do need to use a pretty large amount though (my only complaint).

This cleanser totally fixed my skin in only a week. My skin is no longer dry, my breakouts have reduced and I no longer am having any allergic reactions.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by jriley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser when I saw that it was on sale. I was in the market for a new cleanser when my old one (Clean & Clear daily pore cleanser) started over drying my face. I used that old cleanser for two years with no problems until it started drying my face out recently, which I thought was kinda weird. Words cannot express how HAPPY I am to have discovered the Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash!!! It does what it says: it deep cleans without overdrying the face. It does NOT dry my face out after washing but instead makes my face feel so incredibly smooth. It tempts me to skip the moisturizer everyday, and I did a few times (don't do this--I am a bad influence!). It makes washing my face a much better experience because it makes my skin so smooth the moment it touches the face. My face looks and feels so clean afterwards. I've noticed a HUGE decrease in blackheads (I have really large pores), though I'm not completely sure if this cleanser should get all credit. I started making homemade masks to use for my weekly facials. Also, this product literally removes all of my makeup, even mascara. Occasionally it leaves behind bits of eyeliner on the inner/outer corners of my eyes, but this really has happened very few times since I don't even really scrub in those sensitive areas. This cleanser only has one con that I could think of: the scent. It has a weird scent that's not really overpowering. I can only notice it when I'm washing around the nose area. I can't really describe the scent. It's kind of a chemical scent but don't let that scare you from using this amazing stuff. Oh well, it doesn't bother me all that much though since the pros clearly outweigh the cons. HG cleanser for sure and I will repurchase forever. BUY IT! The worst thing that could happen is that you're out 5 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so not for me. I thought that this could possibly work for me per the other reviews about this product. I purchased the tube version of this cleanser in a kit with a moisturizer. FIrst of all, I made a huge error in judgment by putting this on/near my eyes. It felt like I was washing my face with acid. My face essentially broke out in hive looking blemishes after one use. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed the cleanser off but my face still itched and tingled. What a huge mistake. I will return to my other cleanser that does not cause such a negative reaction. Hard to believe this is designed for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG face wash. I love trying new products so I tend to stray, but I always come back to this. I have very pale sensitive skin with mild rosacea-like symptoms. This takes off all my makeup without irritating my skin. I use it once a day in the evening. It rinses easily without a washcloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by joanieisverynice

I went looking for this cleanser after reading some reviews on here, and I found two bottles lying in the bottom corner of the Olay section at the store. they were on clearance and one of the bottles was broken. the plain looking bottle and questionable state I found this product in contrast hugely with how wonderful this cleanser is.
I decided to give it the ultimate test by wearing a full face of makeup. when I stepped out of the bath there was no trace of makeup left, not even mascara smudges under my eyes. my skin felt so soft and clean afterwards.
it says it's "foaming" but it really just has a slight lather, and mercifully has no scent. one pump is just the right amount, and the clean simplicity of it feels wonderful on my tired oily face at the end of the day. this is definitely one of those diamond in the rough products that defies expectations.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I use this a lot with my CVS scrub brush (knockoff of the Olay version) and I like it when I use it with the brush. Not so much when I use it alone, it feels like it doesn't get my skin all that clean. But with the brush my skin is so CLEAN! Not drying to me but I moisturize right afterwards anyway. Does not irritate my rosacea.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Somewhat gentle cleansing, compared to most. I've tried tons of different cleansers. No harsh fragrance. Price is quite fair. I much prefer the pump packaging for the shower. The squeeze tube gets water built up in the lid, which gets stuck there. No fragrance I can detect.

CONS: Wish it was just slightly less cleansing/even more gentle. But I have sensitive skin
Can leave me with more dry skin.

APPLICATION TIPS: If removing foundation, I use Paula's Choice makeup remover on skin and wipe away with tissue before cleansing.

ALTERNATES: I've finally left this for a better alternate. Took a long time for me to find better than this for my skin. It's Moisture Boost cleanser by Paula's Choice. Doesn't lather as much as this but cleans just as well and leaves me slightly less tight/dry and a lot less sensitive. (I also use a 2% salicylic acid toner from Paula's CLEAR line to keep my pores clear.)