July 29, 2014 | 1966 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I try to wait at least a couple of months before reviewing a product. I've been using this cleanser every night for 3 months, so I feel compelled to give my review. This cleanser is AWESOME!!! It gently and easily removes all my makeup. I don't feel the need to pre-cleanse...this product is truly a one-step makeup remover and cleanser. My extremely clog-prone/sensitive skin is left clean with absolutely NO DRYNESS! Woo-hoo! That's a total score in my book! Absolutely no breakouts or clogs. Yes, yes, and yes ladies! Such a nice product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finished my first tube of this a few weeks ago and was satisfied with its cleansing properties, but not completely with the mildly stripped feeling my face had afterwards. For starters, I have at the moment very dry skin due to my pregnancy. I was looking for a drugstore facial cleanser to use after cold cream makeup removal, and had heard that Olay's foaming facial wash was less drying than other comparably priced drugstore cleansers. Being extremely sensitive to perfumes, that it came in a perfume-free sensitive skin variety and at that particular price point was a big plus.

I bought this in the tube, rather than the pump packaging, as the amount of product to price ratio was slightly better than the pump, at least at the Target I had gotten mine from. I'm a big fan of tube packaging for things like facial cleanser: it's just as hygenic as a pump, but wastes much less product. The tube stands upright on its large head readily for easy storage as well, so that was a plus for me.

While I used it, I felt no stinging or other bad reactions on my skin, though it did irritate my eyes if I accidentally let some run into them. It foamed adequately, although for a sensitive facial product that was a bit of a disappointment - the chemical agents used to produce the purely cosmetic "foaming" properties are usually things that are unnecessary to the actual cleansing of the skin, and can often be irritants for extremely sensitive skin. But, for those of us who are not overly sensitive and like to see where we've washed our faces before rinsing, the foam is handy. It didn't irritate my skin, at the least, and they do advertise that it foams right in the name of the product.

While my skin wasn't irritated during the wash, I did notice that my face felt a little bit tight and dry after using it. Nothing terrible enough to make me want to stop, however. I've tried sensitive facial cleansers that didn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry, but irritated my skin during the washing process. I have to say I much prefer Olay's lack of irritation, and curing the "dry" feeling with a good moisturizer afterwards, rather than putting up with any sort of irritation whatsoever. Still, because it isn't as gentle as it could be on dry skin, I knocked a half point off.

The other half point is because this product is not available in the "sensitive" formulation in Europe, where I live, and costs at least twice as much for a much smaller bottle as well. The bottle I finished is the US version, but availability and pricing in Europe made me knock it down by another half point. Still a solid performer that I'd recommend and if I could go back to the US, I would definitely buy another bottle to bring home.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never had a cleanser that both dried my skin and clogged my pores at the same time. That was, of course, until I tried this one. My skin is combo/dehydrated and finding a cleanser that cleanses without over drying or leaving a residue is a challenge for me. This dried my skin out and made it clogged and red. The only good point of this is that it was truelly fragrance free and lathered quite well. Some other reviewers said that they couldn't get this to lather but I never had that problem. As the directions on the tube stated I wet my face and hands and squeezed a dime size of the cleanser into the palm of my hand and added water and it foamed just fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a tube of this on sale and with a coupon, so I only paid a couple dollars for it. The skin board was buzzing about it for a while and I needed a cleanser. I like the creamy gel consistency and it leaves my oily skin soft and clean without stripping. I use this as my morning and night cleanser (after using a mu remover cloth). I get plenty of foam without it being so much it migrates into my mouth and eyes. The trick to getting more lather is to add more water, not more product. Simple chemistry. I use slightly less than a dime sized amount and it's perfect. I would pay full price for this, if I ever had to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! The price has crept up but it's still cheap, even for a drugstore cleanser (i think it was around $6 the last time i bought it and that was at a grocrey store--the worst possible place to buy it). I prefer to use a gel cleanser in the am now that it's summer (super oily now) but I wear a crapload of makeup and sunscreen every day and I find that this cleanser is not only good at removing it it all, but it doesn't strip my skin or irritate it at all! It's always reassuring to see how the cotton ball stays relatively clean after i swipe my face with toner every night (always some annoying little flecks of my w/p mascara). You just have to make sure you wet your face and hands first, because you have to lather it in your hands before lathering up your face, etc.

Also, if you wear waterproof eye makeup, you might wanna remove that first--really, I only make a token effot and just rub in some EVOO or saturate with some remover and then get the rest off w/this when I wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Memmert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle of this cleanser and I absolutely love it. I always buy it in the blue bottle and with the pump. I have more uneven skin tone issues and everytime I use this cleanser, I feel like my skin looks a little smoother and more even toned when I dry my face. I like to lather it up pretty nice and it does a nice job in taking off make up at the end of the day. I like that it doesn't have a smell, although I accidently bought the "normal" version and eventually got used to it, but prefer the sensitive skin formula. It also leaves my skin soft and never feels tight/dry aftewards. My pores looks okay as well after, so all and all, this product is excellent and the price of course is fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After my skin went on a hormonal freak out last summer I decided to give this a try. I was very impressed as it did cause my skin to break out and I did not have to use a separate product to remove any residual makeup.(I had used cetaphil for years, but my skin never really felt "clean".
You really have to make sure your hands and face are wet to work up a good lather but it's worth a bit of effort.
For some reason it comes in either a tube or pump (which can be messy). I prefer the tube as it is have a snap closure making it more portable

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The product was okay, and if I am out of my current face wash I will use this as an alternative. It can be a little drying (I have combo-oily skin), so it was welcomed. I had white heads and this did nothing to prevent or treat them. It is a basic cleanser, but I did not care for it as I feel it did not leave my skin looking better (ironically enough, for sensitive face wash, it would leave it red). I had more frequent break outs using this (as opposed to the one pimple I usually get...maybe 3 or 4), and I seemed to have more blackheads as well. Removes foundation, concealer and bronzer well, but as a cleanser, I was not 'wowed' by the product, and am not looking to settle for average when it comes to my skin care.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nessavamp

I've been using this for a few years now. This is perfect for removing dirt/oil/makeup and never used to leave my skin feeling too dried out. However, as of a couple of months ago, it's been leaving my combination facial skin very tight and dry. It might just be something my skin is going through, or maybe the product isn't working right on me anymore. Regardless I'll still continue to use it unless my current situation changes for the worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference: I used this cleanser for about 6 months before I discontinued use.

I switched to this when my skin freaked out about 1.5 years ago and became insanely rashy, splotchy and sensitive. Prior to that, I had combination-dry skin and used Purpose cleanser for years with no issues. Since then, finding a cleanser that removes foundation, doesn't dry me out or cause irritation has been a serious challenge. This was the first cleanser I switched to once I realized my carefree skin care days were over...

This cleanser has a runny consistency, mild scent, enough lather to work with and enough power to remove foundation with a little elbowgrease (+ washcloth). However, it didn't minimize redness and didn't give me a clean feel as I had continually had clogged pores on my nose, chin, and some strange white bumps on my forehead that went away as soon as I stopped using it. On a positive note, it didn't burn my face off either and did manage to keep my skin calmer than the Purpose cleanser.

However, I'd only purchase this again if I were on vacation, etc. and forgot/ran out of my current HG cleanser (Estee Lauder Verite) and needed something in a pinch to get me through ...