July 29, 2014 | 2006 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Styling Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good as a lightweight styling creme. Not too heavy or sticky. Useful for curling my hair - would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in conjuction with B&B brilliantine and I'm glad I did. This gives my hairstyle the staying power and Brilliantine gives me the shine. In the summer months I give my naturally-straight-hair-that-normally-needs-blow-drying-to-look-perfect a break from the blow drying. Because I can't really go ungroomed, I opt for "braiding" my hair overnight. Now, I have a really thick and long hair and putting two pigtail-braids overnight gives me that perfect, casual romantic, wavy look. So, I wash my hair in the evening and let it air dry until it is almost completely dry (better to have it completely dry than not dry enough). I put a dab of B&B brilliantine, along with a dab of B&B styling cream into the palms of my hands and spread it on my hair. Then I part into two sections and just braid two braids on the each side of my head. I sleep with that and in the morning - voila! PERFECT waves, shiny, no frizz, kinda messy, but good messy ;-)
Because I do not wash my hair every day, actually I only wash it once a week, all I do from that point on is that in the evening before I go to bed I mist my hair lightly with water and re-braid. The water reactivates the product and I yet again have perfect waves in the morning! So, thumbs up to both the styling creme and brillianting! B&B products are not cheap, but they last a long time as you only need a dime-size amount. I highly suggest experimenting with the amount of product to put on as this can have the biggest impact on the efficacy of this product. I like this product, because at the end of the day, my hair is still "brushable" and not tangled up or gunky like many styling products leave my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

Umm...this product does absolutely NOTHING for my hair. I felt it only weighed it down, made it smell funny and then turn into a hard powdery mess later on in the day. I only use brillantine sometimes if I shampoo my hair with bumble and bumble shampoo otherwise I stay away from this styling creme. I think it makes my hair more coarse than it already is. Don't buy this unless you're desperate.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Bahesmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this because my hair stylist recommended it. I don't know if it's really doing anything at all. After I apply the styling creme to my wet hair, I dry it and straighten it and then add a glosser (John Frieda's Shine Shock, definitely my HG!). I can't tell if it's giving me any lift or control or what. On the plus side, it doesn't give me dandruff, which most gels and mousses do. So, I guess I'll use it until it's gone. I know, not much of an endorsement, but it doesn't appear to be doing any harm. Considering what I paid for it, I should probably give it 2 lippies, but hey, 3 is pretty honest. My hair looks great and shiny, but I kinda think it's the straightening and the glosser and the great conditioner I use. And yeah, I agree with another reviewer that it does smell like glue! I hadn't really noticed that before . . . but, it's not a strong smell. I seem to recall that B&B's shine serum smelled divine, but this? Not so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by runkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The truth is, I don't know how or why this works. The marketing speak on the packaging is kind of vague and the product looks unspectacular.

But it does it work. I use it with Tonic and de-frizz (B&B products) and then blow dry. After that I swipe a hot iron over top and voila, I have smooth, shiny and sleek hair that other women envy and men comment on.

Before I started using B&B products I was pretty sure I destined to die with lacklustre hair that was prone to frizzing at the front and flipping out at the sides. Now, I've found a combo that works and I don't see any reason to drop $30.00 bux on mystery products in cool packaging searching for the holy grail of hair! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to hair product at this point. I have straight hair cut in a chin-length bob and this just does a very nice job of providing an easy, sleek blowout. It takes less than a dime-sized amount, so it's going to take me years to get through the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lisaernp

I bought this in hopes of finally finding a product that would work. Unfortunately, the product left my hair dry and brittle feeling. I will not buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by dann1004

I love this styling creme. It gives me a lot of volume and it gets rid of all the frizz I have during the winter (my hair gets dry). It doesn't make my hair feel greasy at all nor does it weigh it down. I just wish it smelled a little differently; it's not bad, but I'm not particularly fond of it either. In any case, I think this product is definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Jennaferri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this works like any other styling cream, not better and not worse. It kind of smells like glue to me which is gross but I dont hate it so I'll use it until it's finished. I'm going to keep looking for a better styling cream. This one doesnt cut it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lurkerlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for awhile now and figured I should probably review it. This is a staple in my routine. I use the Tonic Lotion first and then this and my hair is always soft and shiny. It also adds body and hold. I love this stuff. It smells nice and never weighs my hair down and I use quite a bit of it. My hair is fine, straight and medium-long.