November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by GlossHappily

Mascara seems to be one of those things that really wears differently on different people. This one did not do it for me. I noticed smudges within two hours of wear, and I really can't say that about many other mascaras I've tried. It gave decent length and volume but it wasn't anything special, and certainly wasn't enough for me to forgive it for the terrible sin of crazy smudging. I have much better luck with Maybelline Full 'n Soft and MUFE Smoky Lash, although neither is my HG. The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really loved this mascara. My lashes are very short and they almost seems long when I wear YSL mascara. The only thing that i did not like about this product is the brush, there is too much product on it and it can get pretty hard to avoid clumps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I received a sample of this product but I've actually tried the full version as well and strangely found the sample to work much better. I probably would purchase however not until I'm looking for a change. I find that the smell is quite potent and overpowering and it does dry out quickly but it adds length and volume which is what I look for!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by idilb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm giving it a 4 but this is actually HG for me. I used to have light-brown, thin, medium-length eyelashes that is before blepharitis and losing a lot of eyelashes. With this, I have eyelashes again, long and enough volume to suggest that they're what they used to be before. There's no clump or whatsoever even though I layer like crazy and my eyelashes actually feel soft with this mascara. The reason I can't give it a 5 is because there's fragrance in it which might irritate my eyes in the long run and it smudges on my upper brow bone, a very slight, tiny smudge which you can get rid of with your fingers but you know it still does smudge. Oh and I can remove it easily but not as easily as my other mascaras. I have to use more Bioderma Crealine with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Lyshbabyx0

This mascara is expensive, but It's my favorite. It's black enough, non-clumping, and does a great job curling, lengthening, and darkening my lashes. This is definitely a repeat for me to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Sophiavor22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

this product is an ok product. the product does give volume but there are many drugstore mascaras that are better than this one and are a lot cheaper. the packaging is beautiful though it comes in a sleek gold tube and the brush is not to big not to small just right and can easily get the lower lashes it also doesn't smudge. i wouldn't buy it again because it isn't worth the 30 dollars when there are drugstore mascaras that are better and cheaper

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by elisr

Bought this on a whim when a MUA recommended this to me when I was looking for a new mascara to try (I really wanted to try a high end one). I was originally going to buy the GA Eyes to Kill but went with this one instead because it was cheaper. I regret my decision!
This mascara is awful. It clumps like crazy, doesn't hold a curl on me AT ALL, smudges and doesn't really do anything for my lashes. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and it seems to be drying out too. Needless to say, I am incredibly disappointed. Definitely would NOT repurchase and don't recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by prettyandpolished

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product. I have been a DiorShow addict for years but took a chance on this one. While I don't hate it, I find that this product clumps on me in a heartbeat. I am fairly above average in makeup and makeup application, but I have to really try hard to not clump this. The brush is okay and I like how black this mascara is, but I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like dramatic bold mascaras because good ones are hard to come by. This one seemed promising at first, but it was the first mascara ever to smudge on me and give me raccoon eyes. I actually have very dry skin under and around my eyes, so i never really understood the whole raccoon effect that others would talk about when referring to mascaras, until this one. 2 stars for the very deep black color which impressed me at first.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by hails672

Beautiful packaging big disappointment! I bought this as my first high end mascara and was severely disappointed. The formula dried up to a think consistency within a week and would clump like nobodies business. The clumps would fall from the brush and as you were removing it from the tube and leave messy deposits all around the top of the tube. I ended up with these black clumps everywhere - all over the beautiful gold tube that i loved so much on purchasing and all over makeup that was in a close proximity. Its a real shame...