February 1, 2015 | 2255 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Okay, so I don't actually use this for makeup, but for applying homemade face masks. I love it! It helps me apply the masks so smoothly and evenly, and come on, it's a dollar! So if it gets gross, I can just buy another. I love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by 1092126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really like it. It does the job but is super streaky and the top and bottom broke so I've super glued a couple times. But you never can beat a dollar so If I do use it I just pat over it with a sponge and its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Bryz30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is unbeatable for the price. I highly prefer this to using my fingers (or a sponge) to apply liquid foundation. The key to using? You've got to blend away any streakiness! Seriously this is a steal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first foundation brush and I wasn't impressed. The foundation would sometime come out streaky and I just transitioned to my fingers/stippling brush. My overall opinion is this brush is terrible. I know the $1 price tag is tempting, but I'd recommend finding something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MichiLiebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was $2.50 @ Big Lots. I bought it because elf is pretty good, cruelty free and dirt cheap!
Anyway, I normally do my foundation routine with my fingers if it's liquid, if it's cream then I use a damp sponge, if it's powder, a kabuki brush. But lately as my skin has improved I've only used concealer and powder, that's it. I didn't have many issues concealing with my fingers, but thought a brush might come in handy. I was excited to try it out, once I swept the brush to blend a bundle of the brush's bristles just sprayed all over my face! No joke, it kept shedding on me and didn't even blend. Well, I was very disappointed, because looking at the brush, you might think it's good quality, but not this one. I will return it and buy myself a bundle of cosmetic sponges...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this to be ...meh... for foundation. I put it away in the back of my brush holder.
Recently, now that it's warmer, I pulled it out and used it to just do a wash of color on my whole eye using a shimmery taupe and it worked just perfectly for that because of it's size. Now I am using it regularly as a first step to base coat my entire upper eye area with shadow. Wouldn't repurchase because I can see no reason to, but for $1.00 am happy to have been able to repurpose and gave it 3 lippies for this reason alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

I bought this on impulse at Target for $.70! However, it sat around for a while because I was using a foundation that went on best with my fingers. Then I read the reviews here and decided not to even bother trying it with foundation. Instead I listened to the suggestions and applied my facial masks with it. For that purpose, it is great and I have no complaints.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by apple98rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive only used this brush once because in all honesty i rather apply my foundation with my fingers. i decided to try it out because it was a buck. i feel like when i used it more of the product ended up in the brush then my skin. when i washed out the brush i was pissed at all the product that was going down the drain. im not too disappointed bc this was only a dollar, ill probably use this to apply my mint julep mask or any homemade mask that i need to use a brush that i dont care about so this wasn't a bad buy for me personally dont think i will repurchase this for a foundation brush but maybe just for a brush i can ruin while applying face masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Perkypolisher

Favorite concealer brush! It's perfect for under my eyes when I have pesky dark circles. For $1, too... PERFECT.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

Im just starting out using makeup brushes so when i found this for only a dollar i had to get it. I am not really dissappointed because i only got it for $1 but it fell apart on me and it left my foundation all streaky
Plus i got scratches on my face because of it but like i said it was only $1 so im not mad. Realyy wanting to try the eco tools makeup brushes but cant afford them sepreatly so im trying to find the perfect kit that has a reasonable price. So looks like i will keep using my fingers for now.