October 25, 2014 | 1635 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by 1092126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really like it. It does the job but is super streaky and the top and bottom broke so I've super glued a couple times. But you never can beat a dollar so If I do use it I just pat over it with a sponge and its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Bryz30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is unbeatable for the price. I highly prefer this to using my fingers (or a sponge) to apply liquid foundation. The key to using? You've got to blend away any streakiness! Seriously this is a steal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first foundation brush and I wasn't impressed. The foundation would sometime come out streaky and I just transitioned to my fingers/stippling brush. My overall opinion is this brush is terrible. I know the $1 price tag is tempting, but I'd recommend finding something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MichiLiebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was $2.50 @ Big Lots. I bought it because elf is pretty good, cruelty free and dirt cheap!
Anyway, I normally do my foundation routine with my fingers if it's liquid, if it's cream then I use a damp sponge, if it's powder, a kabuki brush. But lately as my skin has improved I've only used concealer and powder, that's it. I didn't have many issues concealing with my fingers, but thought a brush might come in handy. I was excited to try it out, once I swept the brush to blend a bundle of the brush's bristles just sprayed all over my face! No joke, it kept shedding on me and didn't even blend. Well, I was very disappointed, because looking at the brush, you might think it's good quality, but not this one. I will return it and buy myself a bundle of cosmetic sponges...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this to be ...meh... for foundation. I put it away in the back of my brush holder.
Recently, now that it's warmer, I pulled it out and used it to just do a wash of color on my whole eye using a shimmery taupe and it worked just perfectly for that because of it's size. Now I am using it regularly as a first step to base coat my entire upper eye area with shadow. Wouldn't repurchase because I can see no reason to, but for $1.00 am happy to have been able to repurpose and gave it 3 lippies for this reason alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

I bought this on impulse at Target for $.70! However, it sat around for a while because I was using a foundation that went on best with my fingers. Then I read the reviews here and decided not to even bother trying it with foundation. Instead I listened to the suggestions and applied my facial masks with it. For that purpose, it is great and I have no complaints.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by apple98rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive only used this brush once because in all honesty i rather apply my foundation with my fingers. i decided to try it out because it was a buck. i feel like when i used it more of the product ended up in the brush then my skin. when i washed out the brush i was pissed at all the product that was going down the drain. im not too disappointed bc this was only a dollar, ill probably use this to apply my mint julep mask or any homemade mask that i need to use a brush that i dont care about so this wasn't a bad buy for me personally dont think i will repurchase this for a foundation brush but maybe just for a brush i can ruin while applying face masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Perkypolisher

Favorite concealer brush! It's perfect for under my eyes when I have pesky dark circles. For $1, too... PERFECT.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

Im just starting out using makeup brushes so when i found this for only a dollar i had to get it. I am not really dissappointed because i only got it for $1 but it fell apart on me and it left my foundation all streaky
Plus i got scratches on my face because of it but like i said it was only $1 so im not mad. Realyy wanting to try the eco tools makeup brushes but cant afford them sepreatly so im trying to find the perfect kit that has a reasonable price. So looks like i will keep using my fingers for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF's Essential Foundation brush is a basic, synthetic bristled, paddle shaped foundation brush. My preferred foundation application method is with a wet sponge, but I decided to give a brush a try. This brush, like all ELF products, is vegan. ELF can be purchased online, or at Target, Kmart, or Big Lots. Like all products in the Essential line, ELF's Foundation brush costs just $1.
ELF Essential brushes come packaged in a clear plastic envelope, which can be kept for travel purposes, but I toss mine out. The brush it's self has a white handle with the name of the product written in small, silver lettering. The silver, metal ferrel isn't attached to the handle as firmly as it should be, but it's not like it's falling apart or anything. The bristles are made of a synthetic material that I believe is called Taklon, though I could be wrong. The bristles vary in length and form a paddle shape. The bristles are quite stiff , but still have enough give and flex to contour to the curves and angles of your face, which is exactly what the ELF website promises this brush will do.
I'm not really loving the look of my foundation after using this brush. It's not streaky or uneven, but it's just not as flawless as when I apply it with a damp cosmetic wedge. I also fail to see the point of using this brush when I need to go in afterwards and blend under my eyes, around my nose, and around my piercings. I also feel kinda silly using this brush because I feel like I'm painting my face. My dad is a house painter, and over the years I've picked up various painting techniques. I've put some of those techniques to use and they seem to help prevent streaky application. Thanks dad.
This brush washes pretty well. Because of the texture of the bristles, ELF's Foundation brush doesn't soak up much excess foundation, therefore rinsing out the brush is no problem at all. The brush dries quickly and keeps it's shape perfectly.
I'm pretty neutral about ELF's Foundation brush. I don't regret buying it, but at the same time I could live without it. This brush isn't going to change my daily makeup routine, I'm still going to use a moist wedge on most days, but I'll bust this brush out from time to time. But really this isn't a bad brush. It's not perfectly constructed, but it doesn't shed, its easy to clean, and it keeps it's shape. ELF's Essential Foundation Brush isn't a bad buy for $1. I can't see myself repurchasing this brush. Pick it up if you're curious about trying a foundation brush, but skip it if you already have one you like.