October 23, 2014 | 1368 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Club

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by thefrogqueen

I doubt I could live without this colour. It's become a total staple for me. very flexible duo-chrome. i like to use blackground paint pot on my lid and smoke it out past the crease then put the Club all over it! So quick and perfect for many occasions. I actually wear this to work. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was amazed to realize that I had not yet reviewed Club eyeshadow. Probably because it's hard to find words to describe it.... It's quite aptly named because you can use it to create a very intense, sultry, complex eye look - the sort that does belong more out in a nightclub than for school, work or a run to the grocery store. The colour too is hard to describe - a dark green-brown with Mac's famous duo-chrome finish so, depending on how the light hits it or which "plane" of your eye it's on, you've got a completely different colour than on other areas of your eye. If you apply this on your lid and then blend, blend, blend into your crease, you end up with a dark, smokey green on the lid but a murky (in a good way) brown in the crease.

Club is a great shadow. It can look more than a bit intimidating at first but it is really quite wearable (for a lot of different looks, including some work-friendly ones) and blends beautifully. I used to admire it in the store but always put it back, thinking it was a bit too extreme for my personal style and my age. I'm glad I finally took a chance and got it. Too Faced's Label Whore is very similar (slightly more red tones in the duo-chrome finish of that one, it seems to me) so if you have LW, you probably don't need Club but if you don't have Club, do check it out and take a chance on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by neeronica

A really unique colour to have for layering over darker shadows. I convinced myself I didn't need NARS' Rajasthan eyeshadow duo b/c this looked so similar layered over dark blues/teals.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by RhiannonChan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying I love this colour, I use it to make a light yet really interesting daytime smoky eye as well as layer it over other products such as UD's 24/7 eyeliner in Zero for more impact. That being said it creases. I mean really creases, no matter how I prep my lid. I have yet to find a use where it does not crease and wander all over and that is endlessly vexing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

People with deeper creases would have this product pull off the duochromal effect a bit better than my flat lids would. While I do have a most minimal crease, I do not enjoy putting my smoky shadow too far up beyond the crease, and when this is extremely blended out it is a bit too sheer to see the duochrome.

That isn't to say this shadow isn't beautiful on it's own. I enjoy both the deep green, and the red tones. In fact, I like the red almost a bit more! To emphasize on the red, I avoid a colored base, and I blend glamour check! (starflash reddish brown) along the outer V with club on the lid.

To emphasize on the greens, either have a dark base (even your black liner would be fine) then layer this on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually think MAC is way over hyped, but not when it comes to this eyeshadow. It is sooo beautiful! I love that it looks like two different colors when blended out, going from emerald green to a warm brown. the staying power and color payoff are really great. I highly recommend this, I've never found a color like it in another brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a really beautiful duochrome color. Its a warm brown with green shimmers so when it's packed on, you can see that its brown but it gives off a really pretty green sheen that makes it look really sexy and complex. When you blend out the edges, they turn into a reddy brown so its one of the easiest one shadow looks ever, you can do one color but it looks like you've used many. The green duochrome is more noticeable only if the shadow is packed on and seen in the light so in certain low lights or from far away it will just look like normal warm brown. The pigmentation is good and the texture is silky smooth. I would totally repurchase but am curious to try the WnW dupe of this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Ken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I read that if you only buy one Mac eyeshadow - make it Club. I would have to agree. It looks grey in the box, but on the lid it's a kinda brown, kinda green with just the right amount of shimmer. My Mum who balked at the colour in the pot tried it and also loves it. Anyone can wear it - in so many ways. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by makeupholism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favourite eyeshadows. It's so effortless to use, everybody should get one of these!! if you apply a black base (pencil, paint pot, grease stick, whatever) and apply club to the lid and slightly into the crease, you'll get the easiest smokey eye ever (actually, I feel like I'm cheating when I wear this one... is so effortless and looks like you spent 20 minutes blending the green and the brown). I always get compliments when I use this look.

MUST have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

LOVE this colour. Super unique and versatile, I was so happy when the makeup artist showed this to me a few years ago (when I was just starting up with my makeup obsession :P)

It's not considered a duochrome on MAC's website, but when I bought it, it was considered a duochrome (like Vex). I LOVE that it looks mostly brown with a green tinge in the pan, but when applied the green tinge shows up so much. And as a Satin finish, the texture is incredible. The pigmentation was really impressive too - it didn't take much to get the gorgeous green shine/sheen effect (much like the pictures show on MUA).

Favourite pairings with Club:
- Club on lid with a sheer wash of Vex overtop (or vice versa)
- Cork on the lid, Club in the crease/on the outer V
- Patina on lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- Sumptuous Olive on lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- All That Glitters on the lid, Club in the crease/outer V
- Steamy and Club look like they would go very well together, but I have yet to make a look with them

I think Club would look fantastic on any skintone, with any eye colour. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No