MAC Satin - Club

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Club must be one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows. I usually use Groundwork paintot very lightly as a base on my eyelid. I then pack Club onto my lid and blend it out into my crease. It is very hard to describe the color. When used like this, Club is brown/grey with a green sheen (though not as green as on some of the pictures that are posted here) on my eyelid and a warm brown in the crease (where it has been blended out). I love the combination of a cool lid and a warm lid. The pigmentation is very good, especially when using a colored base. I have never used Club with a black or green base, but I think this would also change the color. I love Club because it looks as if I've spent much more time on my eye make up then I actually did. I also like it that Club is suitable for day and night, depending on which base you use and how much product you apply. Would definitely buy again if I ever run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is so much fun to play with. you can get meany different look out of this because it changes color

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this shadow. It's a blend of dark brown, black and metallic green mixed in. Very unusual. Worn all over, it does a very interesting, great smokey eye. I also use is as a liner only by wetting an eyeliner brush and applying a line close to the lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like several others can't quite find the right words to describe this shadow, but I'm gonna give it a try. The color is a dark green/brown with a slight reddish duo chrome. I really only use it 1 or 2 ways. I lay down constructivist paint pot and pack this over the top. I then add a lighter green to the crease or a darker brown, depending on my mood that day. I also go back and forth between a forest green eyeliner and brown eyeliner. This color is really fun. I found a dupe in the WnW Comfort Zone color icon palette. Swatched they are dupes but I have yet to use the WnW one since I own club. The color is easy to blend and can take on a brown or green depending on the base. Overall, I like this color but for me it's not a "go to" shadow. It's just too dark. I'm just not sure if I would actually purchase this again.

I doubt I could live without this colour. It's become a total staple for me. very flexible duo-chrome. i like to use blackground paint pot on my lid and smoke it out past the crease then put the Club all over it! So quick and perfect for many occasions. I actually wear this to work. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was amazed to realize that I had not yet reviewed Club eyeshadow. Probably because it's hard to find words to describe it.... It's quite aptly named because you can use it to create a very intense, sultry, complex eye look - the sort that does belong more out in a nightclub than for school, work or a run to the grocery store. The colour too is hard to describe - a dark green-brown with Mac's famous duo-chrome finish so, depending on how the light hits it or which "plane" of your eye it's on, you've got a completely different colour than on other areas of your eye. If you apply this on your lid and then blend, blend, blend into your crease, you end up with a dark, smokey green on the lid but a murky (in a good way) brown in the crease.

Club is a great shadow. It can look more than a bit intimidating at first but it is really quite wearable (for a lot of different looks, including some work-friendly ones) and blends beautifully. I used to admire it in the store but always put it back, thinking it was a bit too extreme for my personal style and my age. I'm glad I finally took a chance and got it. Too Faced's Label Whore is very similar (slightly more red tones in the duo-chrome finish of that one, it seems to me) so if you have LW, you probably don't need Club but if you don't have Club, do check it out and take a chance on it.

A really unique colour to have for layering over darker shadows. I convinced myself I didn't need NARS' Rajasthan eyeshadow duo b/c this looked so similar layered over dark blues/teals.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Let me start off by saying I love this colour, I use it to make a light yet really interesting daytime smoky eye as well as layer it over other products such as UD's 24/7 eyeliner in Zero for more impact. That being said it creases. I mean really creases, no matter how I prep my lid. I have yet to find a use where it does not crease and wander all over and that is endlessly vexing.

People with deeper creases would have this product pull off the duochromal effect a bit better than my flat lids would. While I do have a most minimal crease, I do not enjoy putting my smoky shadow too far up beyond the crease, and when this is extremely blended out it is a bit too sheer to see the duochrome.

That isn't to say this shadow isn't beautiful on it's own. I enjoy both the deep green, and the red tones. In fact, I like the red almost a bit more! To emphasize on the red, I avoid a colored base, and I blend glamour check! (starflash reddish brown) along the outer V with club on the lid.

To emphasize on the greens, either have a dark base (even your black liner would be fine) then layer this on top.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I usually think MAC is way over hyped, but not when it comes to this eyeshadow. It is sooo beautiful! I love that it looks like two different colors when blended out, going from emerald green to a warm brown. the staying power and color payoff are really great. I highly recommend this, I've never found a color like it in another brand.

Top Rated MAC Products