December 22, 2014 | 1756 users online

Skincare - Body - Dove - Anti-Perspirant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by she_thinks_it

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this product by accident. I forgot my deodorant when I went to my in-laws' for a weekend and my MiL gave me an extra stick of this that she had in the closet. I don't have sensitive or dry skin, but I am one of those people that sweats if you look at me wrong, and I thought it did a terrific job of controlling perspiration. And no odor at all. The invisible solid didn't come off on my clothes (and I wear a lot of black, so believe me, I notice!) and it lasted quite a while. My new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel like a new door in my life has opened up after finding the Dove Sensitive Skin product line. Previously, I went through deodorants like they were water, because every one I tried made my underarms itch or sting, and worse, I had problems with other anti-perspirants/deodorants "failing" on humid or yucky days, or just over time. After trying Dove Sensitive Skin anti-perspirant/deodorant, the story of my underarms has a happy ending. No stinging, no dryness, and protection that really works, for once.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2005 9:27:00 PM More reviews by XkitX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dove Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant is the best deodorant I have ever used... and Ive used plenty of other brands (Degree, Lady Speed Stick, Crystal Clean, and Suave Performance, to name a few).
The company boasts it has 1/4 moisturizer in it. The proof is that other deodorants Ive used have burned my underarms, left them dry, irritated and itchy. Most days I would walk around scratching them and looking a little like a chimpanzee. But after I started using this, the itchiness went away and my underarm skin looks and feels amazing. I love it ... it is without a doubt my HG deodorant. *~BTW, my friend has excessively sweaty feet (shed kill me if she knew I was saying this (LOL) and her Podiatrist (foot doctor) actually told her to use this on her feet after showering. She said it worked great and that the bottoms of her feet look better than they ever have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by pramy

good product, would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2005 3:57:00 PM More reviews by LouLouC

This is one of the best deoderants out there. The smell is not overpowering. Doesn't sting and is not sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 9:12:00 AM More reviews by truechristian1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this deodorant! I have extrememly dry and sensitive skin, and this anti-perspirant deodorant is not irritating AT ALL on my skin! I have tried Dove deodorant in the Original, Powder, and Fresh and love all of them! I definitely recommend this product to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2004 8:25:00 PM More reviews by totorotummy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my fave deodorant. I used to use Secret platinum b/c I played sports, and it was best at wetness protection. But I gave it up because it was really drying. Dove keeps my skin soft and original smells really good! I live in Hawaii, so super dry underarms are pointless if the rest of my body is soaked anyway. But dove does keep those nasty armpit stains at bay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

was so happy the day this came in my mail...fell in love with it...my Dove is solid in the pretty powder scent...smells pretty and keeps me smelling nice and soft...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ElizJohn21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product a lot. It is not bothersome to use on your underarms after shaving. Many other products I have tried have burned me. I did not have a problem with sweat. However it does have lotion/cream it so it does leave a bit of a residue. Like all of the other anti-perspirants I have used do, therefore I use a mild scrub on my underarms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been a devoted Secret user my entire life. I would never use another anti-perspirant. A few years ago I kept developing painful lumps in my armpits. At one point it was so bad that the infection spread to my breast and I had to take antibiotics. I was convinced that it was the aluminum in the anti-perspirant that was causing the lumps so I stopped using Secret and any anti-perspirants and used only deodorant.
Unfortunately I could not find a deodorant that would withstand a Texas summer so I switched back to Secret during the summer but I still developed those painful lumps.
A few months ago, I decided to try Dove instead. I have been using it every day and I have not once developed any painful lumps in my armpits. Now I am convinced that it wasn't the aluminum I had problems with but it was Secret itself. Dove is perfect for sensitive skin. I prefer the soft solid scented in Fresh best but all the variants are excellent in providing odor and wetness protection. continued >>