Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

on 11/4/2013 7:58:00 PM

I don't understand the buzz and publicity surrounding this perfume .I was buying another perfume the other day and sniffed this on a tester card. I wondered if is this the same Flower Bomb everyone keeps mentioning. This is nauseatingly heavy, flowery smell, it is loud, obnoxious and in your face. It smells old fashioned ,but not in a classy way. It reminds me of non specified drug store quality/barber shop scent, something a cheap male escort would wear. Would never purchase for me or someone else.

This smells sweet, so if you like sweet, girly fragrances, you'll probably be a fan of this. For evening I do prefer my perfume a little stronger (something like Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle), but this is very lovely and wearable for any occasion. I love the bottle too.

Update: I think my love for this has grown. Some fragrances I can feel self-conscious wearing. (Is this too strong for the office? Is this something my grandma would wear? Is this for a middle schooler?) I just feel this is perfect and so sexy in a soft, sweet way. It's not grandma, not teeny bopper, not super strong, not masculine, just what you imagine a sexy, young woman wearing. No wonder men like this!

on 10/26/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this on and after it dried down my three-year-old said, "Mommy, what's that good smell?!" I think I'll keep wearing it. :)

on 10/22/2013 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this in the Sephora's Superstars Favorites kit (which frankly everyone needs!) and whoever included this perfume in it, I love you because it is my new favorite fragrance. For the past couple years I've been an avid Ralph Lauren wearer in the original (blue packaging) perfume and have, and still love it so much. Thennn I met Flowerbomb. It's such a sophisticated, warm, feminine smell. I've had numerous people asking WHAT in the world I'm wearing and where can they buy it, it's that wonderful. It's pretty potent at first, but that subsides a bit after a few minutes or so, but I would use a light hand when spraying. All in all, when I run out I'm high-tailing my butt over to Sephora and repurchasing this bad boy.

on 10/10/2013 8:44:00 PM

I think i might have found my signature scent.. this was not love at first sight though, but it definaetly grew on me. At first i thought it was too strong, too sweet, too spicy and too expensive (well that has not changed). But that was before I tried putting it on and let it blend with my body chemistry and then i fell in love..
It has everything i want in a perfume, it is: sexy, feminine, soft, sweet but not too sweet, warm, floraly, and it last all day. Guys really like this scent too, so does my girlfriends :) but perfumes are always a personal thing, so makes sure to try on your skin before bying.

on 9/30/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My Fave perfume/edt. Bought this many, many times. Its so sweet smelling reminds me of candyfloss. Only need one or two sprays and the smell lasts so long. Such a happy smelling perfume x

on 9/5/2013 2:35:00 PM

Soft & feminine, though a little too sweet 4 me..

I got this sample a while back and wore it to da club and to breakfast the next day. During breakfast, whilst my bff and I ordered, the waiter paused, lifted his head up, looked at me and exclaimed someone was smelling good.

:B He was cute, too.

It's very flowery, which I like, but very sweet, which I don't like. However, my cousin complimented me later on that day on it so I might give in to peer pressure & make this my next fancy perfume buy. :D

on 8/31/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Usually I go for fresh, lightweight, aquatic scents- however I was intrigued by Flowerbomb as soon as I got a sample of it. This is the only heavily floral and romantic scent that I own, and I do reserve it for nighttime only. I think it's sexy and sensual and feminine- perfect for special date nights in any season.

on 8/12/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flowerbomb has a very pleasant smell, it is a floral scent with a hint of vanilla . I would definitely recommend this product to my friends. Very youthful and lasts a few hours too.( i would say about 3-4 hours before i needed to reapply again.) Great product, worth every penny!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was at Sephora testing fragrances looking for a gourmand. The SA suggested Flowerbomb, telling me it is their #1 seller. I had tried it before, knew what would happen and was busy sniffing others. She was persistent tho, telling me how "vanilla" it was on her, and how "I really should try it" since the perfumes I was choosing all had vanilla, patchouli or musk somewhere in their notes. I love orientals and that's what I had come in to look for.
So finally I sprayed some on and waited for the initial drydown. I let the SA smell my wrist and she exclaimed, "Oh no...all I smell is powder. That's not what it smells like on me." And she was right. I've sampled this before, and all I get is a powdery scent from it. Now don't get me wrong, I like powdery scents, but I also like to get some other notes mixed in, too. But, unfortunately, nothing else comes out of Flowerbomb for me. Just pure powder.
I enjoy complexity in my perfumes. Had I purchased it, the only way I could use it was as an addition to other perfumes as a mixer to balance or create.
Obviously, it's a hit for so many people, tho. I say give it a try and see how it works for you. It's not offensive at all, it's a soft, pretty powder, and I cannot justify the expense for one sole scent on myself.
Fascinating how scents mix so differently on people. One woman's treasure is another woman's garage sale.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Tea, Osmanthus.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, African Orange Flower, Freesia, Rose, Orchid.
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli.

Popular Fragrances