Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 6/21/2008 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ingredients:

I have this in Brownie. The color is really pretty on the cheeks but the shades are too pink to wear on the eyes. This also accentuates any imperfections such as acne or large pores. It's too shimmery for the day but it gives such a nice glow at night. I don't find myself reaching for this often so I probably won't repurchase once and if I ever run out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I own the one with the gold and beige champagne shades. What a cool product! Not only can you swirl a brush on this and make a pretty highlighter for your cheeks or other parts of your body you want to add a bit of shimmer to, but you can use the individual stripes as eyeshadow or a highlighter on the browbone. The shades are so pretty and full of shimmer. The packaging is sturdy and attractive. Would buy again, but probably won't have to as this should last awhile!

on 2/13/2008 3:23:00 PM

I heard alot of good things about bobbi brown's shimmer bricks, but as I've learned, shimmer is not a good idea with older skin. The shimmers accentuate my pores, even with a primer. If you have ANY type of wrinkling, even minor, this product will put a spotlight on them. The colors are lovely (I purchased the bronze), but this product is clearly for young skin. The lip glosses were divine though and I don't think anyone does natural or nude shades like bb.

on 1/4/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It took me a while to figure out how to best use the different shimmerbricks, so this review is especially for all fair skinned beauties out there. For reference, my skin is quite fair (cool toned PPP, BB Alabaster/Porcelain).

The first shimmerbrick I purchased was the Beige and I also got the BB face blender brush along with it. I then got the Pink which I use for neutral or cooler looks and the Beige with neutral and warmer colors, and I put on the shimmerbrick after applying blush to accentuate the cheekbones. I then ventured out and got the Rose, Pink Quartz and Tawny Shimmerbricks which work very well when I use them solo as blush. But I really need to apply them with a light hand and a fan brush (I use Paula Dorf's), whereas the BB face blender brush will leave far too much color on my cheeks when I use it with those deeper shimmerbrick shades. Actually, before I discovered the fan brush I was almost convinced I could not make the deeper shimmerbricks work for me at all! The right tools indeed make all the difference :)

What can I say, I like all my shimmerbricks, Beige and Pink are my highlighter staples, Rose, Tawny and Pink Quartz are fabulous as blushes for a subtle glowy look. When I purchased my first shimmerbrick 4 years ago they were $35, nowadays they are $38. However, after years and much use I still have plenty of product in all of the compacts left, so for me their value justifies the price tag. And if I ever run out I will definitely repurchase. I like the packaging too, they come in a square shiny black mirrored compact which looks very elegant.

on 12/16/2007 3:37:00 PM

bought it after hearing great reviews but found it too be too powdery . after applying it i saw specks of it rubbing against everything .is there a trick to using it? i like the local drugstores brand much better!

on 12/14/2007 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is an absolutely lovely product! The shades included in this shimmerbrick are just totally luminous. I use it as a highlighter on my cheeks and like to apply the lightest shade under my brow and in the inside corners of my eyes to light them up.

My only caveat would be that I've found that unlike the Sandstone, this shimmerbrick is too dark for me to use along my jawline, which I like to accent with highlighter.

on 12/9/2007 8:48:00 PM

This is actually my second one! It takes such a long time to use it all up. I love it! I use it as a bronzer.

on 11/15/2007 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just purchased my first Shimmerbrick - the limited edition Rose Quartz one!

This looks a LOT more intense in the compact than it does on my skin. In the compact, it's a mix of pink and brown stripes and looks like it would go on like a blush. But no, it's much more of a subtle, shimmery, pink highlighter. It looks dewy, rather than sparkly. Like the Surf & Sand pallette, you look at it and think it's going to be intense and very sparkly, but it is not - it's actually more for daytime than evening. It's very subtle even on my PPP complexion.

I use it as a highlighter over my blush and on my eyelids. It's especially nice to make your cheekbones and eyes "pop" without a lot of shimmer. The reason I took one lippie off is that it's *so* subtle - even on very fair-skinned me - that you don't get a lot of color; there's no way I can wear it by itself.

I would love to see Bobbi Brown make a Plum shimmerbrick next.

on 10/19/2007 6:10:00 PM

Love it! I have Bronze, Rose and Beige and love them all! Want to try NEWEST SHIMMER BRICK PINK QUARTZ.