August 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Younggrasshopa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product since I heard it's good for KP. After using this about 3 times a week for almost 4 weeks, I'm only about half way done with the bar, which is actually not bad. So far, it has gotten rid of some of the bumps on my arms but not all of them. There are still dots on my skin where to bumps used to be, but hopefully those will go away once I find a product for that. I just got Dream Cream to use with this (have used the duo twice) and so far, it's no different than using Buffy alone. (Will update this post if that changes) The first time I used this, my skin was really red. You have to be really careful with this, and rub it slowly and gently and then it's fine. I will let you know if this gets rid of my bumps completely.
As of now, I think this product is so-so. I'm disappointed that it hasn't made a big difference yet, but I'm glad that it has done something.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

Buffy is great! I will say that it is VERY abrasive. It stung slightly when I was using it on my arms, but they weren't super dry--my intention for this product is to try and get rid of some small bumps on my arms. It did feel waxy in the shower when I was done using it, but after I dried off it felt great. It isn't the most fun product to use, but the results afterwards are great. My skin was so soft and smooth! I have only used it one, but I was surprised how MUCH of the product was gone after I used it. I bought the smaller block ($11.95 for 3-ish ounces) and I would say that this will last me 10 uses or less. But this isn't a product that I'll need to use everyday and I think the price will be worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Ney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buffy is the best body butter I have ever used. I am a big lush fan and I get all my skin care products from there but this is the first time I've tried their body butters and this is the first one I've tried. The cocoa butter and the Shea butter leaves the skin soft and well moisturized while the almond, rice and beans exfoliates your skin. so it's like a 2 in one! it's a great product especially in the winter when my skin gets dry and itchy and stuff... It's well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buffy is a really great product especially if you have tough skin. If you have sensitive skin Buffy is probably too abrasive for you and I would suggest purchasing Kinf of Skin. To use buffy I cut it up into 4 smaller pieces. After I am done shaving I will take a small piece and scrub my legs with it a few times. I am not going to lie, it does not feel good, but the results are worth it! It leaves a film of moisturizer, but when I rinse off from shaving it goes away, leaving my legs feeling soft and smooth. The great thing about this is that I have noticed that it has REDUCED my cellulite. I think buffy is a great product to have especially for the price, one small bar has lasted me around 4 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rebeldiamonds88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the below reviewers about the effect this product has on the skin - it really is fantastic. Just what I was looking for when I bought it - a great combination of gentle exfoliation and silky smooth moisturisation.
However, I wish it came in a more user-friendly form. I find the soap-bar form to be difficult to use and, frankly, wasteful. I had this less than two weeks before I ran out and although it is relatively inexpensive, I find that for the price, it should last an awful lot longer than 10 days. I even cut the bar up into chunks before the first use so I had nice small individual use pieces per shower in the hopes of extending its lifespan!
Would I but again? I'm going to say 'no' due to the factors listed above and because I feel that there is most certainly a similar product out there in a much more user-friendly (and economical) form. But, if the effect on the skin is more important than the price, I would definitely suggest you try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best thing to ever happen to my skin EVER. HG for sure. I use it after my body wash in the shower every other day, and there is absolutely no need to use lotion after (and I have extremely dry skin that normally has eczema flare-ups if I skip lotion for even a day). The first time I used it, it felt a bit rough on my skin, but I got used to it and now I can't imagine using anything else. It works so well as an exfoliator and moisturizer, and leaves my skin super soft and smooth, and it even feels more resilient and stronger somehow. The only downside is that it can get wasteful because of how the bar melts, but if you cut it into pieces it works great and lasts a lot longer. It is expensive, but TOTALLY worth it if you have dry skin or KP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Buffy is one of my Top 3 favorite products from LUSH. I use this after I'm completely washed and I love the way my skin feels after using this bar. My skin is very dry, but after I use this, it's moisturized, supple and glowing! I really like the cocoa buttery scent, the exfoliation particles, and the shea butter! It does make your skin a little greasy immediately after use, but just wait a little bit, it soaks in nicely. The price is totally ridiculous (26 dollars) for the big bar, but I will keep paying it because it works wonders. As far as longevity, it does last long as long as you keep wrapping it back up. Will repurchase over and over again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite products from Lush. It is a very good exfoliator and moisturiser in one. Really gets the gob done. But there are few things I cannot put up with:
1. It is too abrasive to use on my legs after I shaved them and too thick to be used as a shave cream (sticks to the blades)
2. Gives me backne when used on my back so i have to wash it with another shower gel and then use body lotion on that area anyway - so I may as well use it on my whole body
3. Creates sticky mess in my bathtub
4. Melts easily and doesn't last long enough to get value for the price you pay. A big one only lasted me like 10 days.

It is a nice treat for these special days when you want to pumper yourself. But I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this- I can't resist a good multi-tasker when it comes to cosmetics, and this one moisturizes and exfoliates my skin at the same time-no messy, sticky bodylotion needed afterwards, and it really does exfoliate, unlike the body scrubs that are really just shower gels with a hint of exfoliating grains.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG This is my HG. It made the bumps on my legs less noticeable, and made it sooo smooth and soft. I can't keep touching my legs. :)