September 30, 2014 | 1306 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this product in the shade "Translucent" which actually has light to medium coverage in about NC15 shade (definitely yellow). I liked this powder, it didn't melt off my face throughout the day (although it did get oily on the forehead after 6 hours). Can't wear it through, too yellow. Also, very powdery. If you swirl a flat top brush on this powder, it goes everywhere. However, this is the best drugstore version of MAC MSFN I have yet to find.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail powder that I use alone for foundation. I apply with a sponge and it does not cake on me and is easily spreadable and has full coverage with not that much product. It keeps shine down for me and wears very well all day, with minimal touch up needed. I am also convinced that using this along with Neutrogena Hydrating 3 in 1 acne treatment has allowed my rosacea problem to clear up. Can't scientifically prove it, lol, but every since stopping liquid foundations and using the Neutrogena, my skin night and day better. The only thing about this is it contains parabens, it they stopped using that, I'd like it even more. I also think the price is a bit high for a drugstore product, so I try and find it on sale, usually when CVS put PH on sale, I snap up a couple, also, it cheapest at regular price at Walmart and Beth Bath and Beyond Harmon Discount section, at 11-12 dollars. Lastly, it has a tendency to crumble so be careful with it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Was on the hunt for a new powder and decided to grab this. Their pressed mineral wear blushes are the only blushes I can use without fear of breaking out, so I figured the powder would probably work just as well for me. I pretty much only use powder to set the concealer I randomly apply over blemishes/red marks. I'm light w/ yellow undertones, NC20 last time I checked (many moons ago). Translucent matches my winter skin pretty decently. It's a touch too light, but close enough. In the summer, I might have to search for the next shade up though.

Just like the mineral wear blushes, this little baby packs a punch and can be easily overdone if not careful and the package is a bit bulky. I always spritz my face w/witch hazel once done applying makeup (my #1 makeup tip) and it helps everything blend nicely into my skin and prevents it from looking cakey or powdery. I like to test out concealers and such on a small freckle on my hand to see how well the coverage is. And this powder almost covered it entirely all by itself. I was pretty impressed.

If I have any issues with this breaking me out, I'll be sure to update!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good, no fuss product. Works better in the summer. Coverage is decent.
Physical sunscreen with good vitamin ingredient deck.

Not as good as the original formulation of Pur Minerals, not their new version, too many ingredients in the new one and know I will break out.

Will be trying Neutrogenia pressed mineral sheers soon.

Determined to find a good drugstore pressed mineral powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Rosecoloured

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a couple of months now and it's been great. I have oily skin that is very sensitive to too many chemical ingredients so this product was perfect for me since it doesn't contain any harsh additives. I apply it after my concealer and it provides a bit of coverage and evens out my skin tone slightly (it's definitely no foundation). By the end of the day my skin is a bit oily but not as bad as other products I've used such as the Maybelline matte powder. The powder feels very light on skin, almost as if I'm not wearing anything at all! My skin was breaking out before I started using and has since gotten a lot better. It's probably not due to the powder, but it's safe to say that it's not doing anything to make me break out more.

My only complaint is the packaging. It comes with a brush that is terrible. It's cheap and the bristles are too hard for the mineral powder so it gets messy when I try to use it. They can make the compact smaller without the brush! I use a kabuki brush instead to apply the powder. The mirror is useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very pale, 44 yrs old and have sensitive, combination skin. I had bought this product back when it first came out and remember liking it very much. After I used it all up, I went to trying other products and none of them really did what this product does. I just recently repurchased it and now I know why I had loved it. I use Translucent Light and it is the perfect, neutral shade for my skin. I like a sheer coverage, for foundation, since I'll use a concealor for any spots needing more coverage. This product looks incredibly natural on my skin, doesn't irritate me or cause breakouts and lasts fairly long, as long as its not summer. I can't use this for summer since it doesn't soak up enough oil for me. This product doesn't settle into my fine lines and covers enough without hiding my freckles. I don't like the brush that comes in the packaging and I use a kabuki brush to buff it into my skin instead. For heavier coverage, I use a makeup sponge and "press" it into my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by chindy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder! It has a great coverage which you can control depending on how you apply it (I use a couple diffrerent brushes). It doesn't look cakey or dry and I have not had ANY breakout issues with this powder. My only complaint (and its kind of a big one) is the packaging! Its terrible!! First of all, the brush that comes with it is useless. Extremely stiff and strangely shaped. Next, the mirror is under the product so you constantly have to flip back and forth to apply. Lastly, I have had 3 of these break on me already. I didn't drop them or anything but all of a sudden its all cracked and loose. I'm not sure if the packaging has anything to do with this but its a pain having to constantly buy new ones. I actually started carrying it in a ziploc bag in my purse. But even with all that, I keep buying them because the powder itself is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mia92jie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this powder months ago. I was scared to buy it because it was 11 bucks. Before this, all I would buy was the regular CG compact. But this stuff has lasted longer than any powder I've ever had. I love it! I got it in translucent light because I'm super pale. The first time I used it I was so happy. It covered up dark spots really well and it doesn't make your skin look caked up because the powder is really thin. I got carried away and kept putting more and more on. lol It also doesn't give me any breakouts. I like that it comes with a brush. I think it definitely makes a difference compared to using a pad. The only thing that sucks with using the brush is that its a bit messy. Every time I use this stuff the powder will be all over the bathroom sink. Annoying but so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

overall i really do like this product. it doesn't cake or look too light or orange on me. i stay matte longer because my skin isn't clogged by the chemicals. the brush is a bit scratchy and the pan is loose in the case but those are minor issues and the product works well enough that they aren't deal breakers :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Lalatrue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has its strengths and weaknesses like every other. If you are very bothered by lux make-up brands foundations and poweders because the clog your pores, this can be a good product for you! I have a collection of chanel, dior, givenchy, benefit, estee lauder, guerlain and other foundations and they all look great on my skin but they are not for everyday use because they just cement my pores and I am too tired of this battle with blackheads.
I am using this powder for a month now and I am very happy with it! My skin became much clearer since I started to use it. I also use their mineral wear blush. Both products do not contain talc and dimethicone, which cause acne in my case. I use translucent because all other tones are too dark for me. Another plus - it doesn't highlight my big pores. I use blot paper during lunch and I do not add any powder on my face, it looks very natural. I like that it has SPF and I can apply some powder on my face before to come out of office. The only dislikes - it has particles of different color, which I think are supposed to be mixed and produce some average color of both. When you use it to the middle layer only one (dark) color is predominantly left, so it is slightly darker tone than when you start using it. It also quite soft powder, not hard pressed, so applying it on the way is almost impossible - you will end up with powder on your clothes. As all other said the brush sold with it is useless, but as I do not need any extra touch-ups, I do not care about it. Btw, my skin is very oily and it stays on my face all day. So I really recommend this product as it is much easier to apply comparing to other loose mineral foundations with similar minimalistic list of ingredients (w/o dimethicone). I was concerned about mica, but it absolutely doesn't clog my pores, so probably I am lucky. It also 16SPF and relatively cheap, though not easy to buy in Europe, but extra shipping cost from US is worth it. I recommend you to try both foundation and blush, but be careful because other blushes contain talc and also the finish powder is not for acne prone skin because contains starch. Though I do not need this finishing veil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No