Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 7/2/2013 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good option especially if you want to reapply a powder sunscreen on your face through out the day. It's fragrance free and a good drugstore mineral powder. I use this in translucent light and it works well if you use a light hand when applying. I wish the color was even lighter but the all physical sunscreen ingredients and the price are the main reasons I continue to buy this again. The packaging is a little bulky but I guess I'm just used to it. It has not caused irritation or break outs on my fair mild rosacea skin.

on 6/18/2013 11:47:00 PM

This isn't the best powder out there but if you're looking for a budet(y) powder for every day use I would recommend this!

I purchased this in translucent light and it fits my fair skin colour well. Do not press too hard on this powder as it is very soft and flakes off easily.

The packaging is bulky, there is no mirror and the bottom compartment has a brush that will cut your face (lol). I like this product as it is good for every day use if you don't want to use your more expensive powders.

on 6/12/2013 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This looks chalky and powdery and feels dry on my skin. I do not like it and stopped using it.

on 5/30/2013 1:53:00 PM

I've liked other Physician's Formula powders in the past and gave this a shot in Translucent Light. My biggest complaint is that it is very loose for a pressed powder. I used my own powder brush, either standard style or kabuki, depending on what I felt like that day, and inevitably powder ended up on my hand, chest, shirt, etc. So, in short, kind of a messy product. I might rather just have a straight-up loose powder.

Also, not a fan of the packaging -- bulky and I don't use their brush or the mirror, so a bit of overkill for me. The Translucent Light color does have enough pigment that I could use it almost as a powder foundation. It's somewhat buildable to hide imperfections. Sometimes I'd just use it over a tinted moisturiser and be done with any foundation or concealer for that day. In that respect, it's almost like Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup or The Body Shop's Face Base. The powder didn't gather in my lines too badly (I only use it from my cheeks down most of the time.)

I said I'd repurchase, but only if I couldn't find anything better. It's not bad, just not that great. And it's about 15 USD, so not terribly cheap either.

on 5/27/2013 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Three words: chalky, chalky, and chalky. The translucent adds a sickly whitish cast to pale skin, the creamy natural is too dark for pale skin. As for oil control: gone in less than an hour if you have very oily skin.

I can't think of a single reason to recommend this god-awful stuff.

on 5/21/2013 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this powder. It is my daily finishing powder and my HG for sure. I've tried tons and this just takes the cake. It does everything I want- mattes my face, evens my color, gives me a natural look and makes my skin look nearly flawless. It is pricier for me but we'll worth it but I do not like the packaging quality at all. It is thick but the majority of the pan is empty with a bad brush in it. Pfft. It needs more product. Anyways LOVE the product

on 5/18/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is really amazing. I have used many different mineral powders and they always look pretty good initially, but with my oily skin by midday it looks oily and/ or cakey. Not with this one. I wear it on its own with MUFE full coverage concealer, and it's something magical. No cakiness, and the powder somehow melts into your face and blends in with your natural oils but still keeps good coverage. I wear translucent because I have light skin with neutral/ yellow undertones, and that one was the closest color for me. An amazing product. Not sure how it functions over foundation, but if you have sensitive acne prone skin, I highly recommend this with just a good concealer to let your skin breathe. Will repurchase again and again!

on 5/14/2013 2:47:00 PM

I love this., I use this everyday and its awesome

on 5/11/2013 10:23:00 PM

Fantastic powder! Lasts all day on my oily skin, has great coverage for a powder (I usually just prime and powder and I'm good to go all day), and lets my skin breathe. This powder has never broken me out. About mid-day my T-zone will get oily and I'll need to freshen up but often a dab of a tissue is enough. The product doesn't just slide or flake off. I also appreciate the convenient packaging! I have one case in my bag and one in my room!

Love this product, have been buying regularly for a couple years.

on 4/29/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this product in Creamy Natural and I'm about an NC20-25. This is a very high quality, talc-free mineral pressed powder. I usually use it to set my makeup, and it lasts the entire work day without budging.

A great drugstore find, although it's pretty pricey here in Canada (about $20). I tend to buy this across the border or when it's on sale.

I absolutely loathe the packaging-it's bulky and looks terrible. The brush it comes with is rough and sheds like crazy-I tossed it. I also hate how if you take it with you to touch up, you have to flip back and forth between the mirror and powder.

Despite that, between the low price point and excellent quality of the product it's a rebuy for sure (I have a backup waiting for me already!)