July 24, 2014 | 2188 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Desiray

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looks very natural on my medium beige skin. It is not a bright violet so if that is the look you are going for, bypass this. The color is soft, not overly shimmery, but does not go on as it looks in the pot so I would try before buying. This eyeliner lasts on my oily eyelids, not so much under the bottom lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by drumangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the purple metallic color in the pot but like other reviews, it doesn't show true to the pot color when applied to the eyelid. It still has a slight purplish-black-grey tint that brings out the green in my hazel eyes but I really think that if I paid for MAC prices then I should get more intense purple. I used to use HIP Cream Eyeliner but it dries out so quickly and flakes. I prefer MAC's consistency since it glides easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As with almost every other reviewer, I was disappointed by this product as well. In the pot, Macroviolet appears to be a beautiful, metallic royal plum, but on the lid, it's more like a subdued grey shade. I won't repurchase, in fact, I'm thinking of exchanging it and trying out L'Oreal's cream HIP liners (which are dupes of MAC's Fluidlines), because they are, well, creamy, as the name suggests. I found Macroviolet to be extremely thick and dry, requiring several dips into the pot to attain a smooth, thin line on my upper lashes. After this experience, I think I might return to my preferred liquid liners, which are so much easier and quicker to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this fluidline! I was hesitant based on some other reviews but since I own three other fluidlines I thought I would give it a shot. Macroviolet does look like a stronger purple in the pot than on your eyes. However, I still like it. It does not scream out purple once it is on, so it is more of a subtle color. I like it when I don't want to wear ordinary black or brown b/c this is different yet understated. On me, it shows up with the same intensity as other fluidlines and is not light like some other reviewers found.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Manet

Just as another reviewer mentioned, this does look a lot better in the pot, which is a dark purple and has a slight metallic sheen to it. On, it's hardly noticeable. I always feel like I have to layer it on quite a bit. I do like it enough though, it's got great consistency and stays on really well. It's still a good alternative from black or brown so I use it when I feel like changing it up some.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by GreenQueen47

I loved the colour of this eyeliner soo much.
I went to MAC to buy it, and the lady told me she was sold out.
THEN she was reminded that it was being discontinued.
I was very, very annoyed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

PROS: Typical smooth consistency. Wears like iron. Non-irritating.

CONS: The eggplant color looks a lot more vibrant and shimmery in the pot than it does on. Still, an interesting alternative to black. But, I hate the way these pots tend to dry out after awhile =/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very few eye liners and never use them because they always smudge on my oily lids. That is until I discovered Fluidlines. I started off with Blacktrack but love Macroviolet just as much. The deep, eggplant purple goes fabulously with my dark brown eyes. I can't rave enough about it! I like pairing it with a neutral shadow, curled lashes and rosy cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even after layering this product, it doesn't even look like the rich eggplant it looked like in the jar. I tried experimenting, making the line thick and thin with no improvement in the color. I used purple eye shadow thinking that may help. I don't think it has much purple color to it, kinda looks like some really soft black on my fair skin.

It does make my eyelashes look crazy thick, which is pretty.
Even though I like it, I'll return or exchange this. Normally I wouldn't be so picky, but why buy a color that looks like something u already have?

Update for those looking for a noticeable purple: I purchased MAC powerpoint eye pencil in bordeuxline. Luv it! Looks purple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

*is mystified* Why haven't I purchased this before? This deep purple fluidline makes the green in my hazel eyes pop. I can see that it's not as intensely pigmented as other fluidlines, but it still shows up well, lasts well, and applies smoothly. I'd buy it again for the way its color works with my eyes and would recommend it to other hazel and green eyed women.

For reference: Brunette, hazel eyes, MAC NC 25-30, LSF 5.0, Dior Forever 2.0-3.0.