December 20, 2014 | 1678 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - The Microdelivery Peel Pads

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I bought these after using the regular Microdelivery Peel system (citrus scrub and activator), thinking they would do similar things, and boy was I wrong! I loved the feel of my skin after using the regular peel (I got a one-time-use sample from Sephora), so I got the pads instead of the usual system -- the pads are cheaper too, 60 pads for $35 vs. $65 for the peel system. First off, the pads are very thin, and using one of them all around my face pretty much disintegrated it. Second, it didn't tingle in a good way, it felt like it was burning my skin (which the two-step peel did not do!), and then I could feel my skin reddening. The two-step did make my skin red, but it was a tingly feeling instead of a burning, hot sensation. I let it sit for about 20 minutes afterwards, and then applied a gentle moisturizer, and my skin just felt super-oily and really weird. I didn't notice any dramatic improvement the next day, but heck....it's only been one use! I don't know if I'll use these again though, they felt so odd on my face!! UPDATE 11/1/07: I returned these to Sephora. Hated them! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by westcoastgirl

These break me out and if I leave it on for any amount of time at all it starts to STINK! Using these does not improve my skin at all just makes me break out. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by virgobecca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this today and used one pad, no big results. Smelled very nice but I noticed my face felt very oily an hour later probably due to the moisturizers in the product. I would not buy these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Gumah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These come in two sizes, 60 pads or 30. I have the 30 size which came in the Peptide Peels To Go kit. Anyways, I'm giving the packaging a 4 since these pads are a bit on the small side and it's a bit tricky trying to get one out as they are quite thin and they tend to stick together. However, that being said I think these are a great little invention! I am a recent convert to Philosophy products and so far a huge fan with everything that I've tried from them and this product is no exception. I use these about every other day (sometimes only 3x's per week) when my skin gets that bumpy feeling and these seem to even out my skin texture. I tend to break out along my jawline and on the sides of my neck and I tend to concentrate this product specifically on those areas. These do not leave my face feeling sticky and after a few hours I feel that my skin looks and feels noticably different in appearance and texture. I truly believe that because I am using these pads in conjunction with Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel treatment (once per week) my acne scars have diminshed quite dramatically.

Be forewarned, you may feel a little "sting" upon first application of these pads but it's not so overwhelming that you will have to stop using these. It just takes some getting used to. Hope you try them and like them as much as I do!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2006 8:40:00 AM More reviews by cray714

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not what I was expecting. It has a nice fresh smell. I think it works best as a nightly toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by bakst46

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these Microdelivery peel pads. I feel as if a whole layer of dead skin is removed and I am starting with fresh new skin. I have very dry skin and times and feel that it takes away all the old dead skin. I also experience problems with black heads and these clear them right up for me. i would definately suggest these to anyone and have told my friends all about them! I love the philosophy product line!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by wylie1204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are ok. They do leave a film like other people mentioned which I don't care for. I only use them at night for that reason. I didn't notice any miraculous results either. I do like the scent of the pads though. A nice citrus smell. Probably won't re-purchase due to lack of results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2006 5:35:00 AM More reviews by arleen4226

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchased these pads a couple of weeks ago from qvc.i have enlarged pores and oily skin.i use them at night after i cleanse my face with purity cleanser.you can really feel them working cleaning out youre pores.people think they have large pores when the pores they have are clogged which make them look large, they need to be cleaned out.mine have gotten smaller so far.other people say they leave a film, they dont leave a film on my face, they are wet enough also.i use hope in a bottle at night alomg with hope is not enough serum.my oil is under control with these products.the price is great fot the amount of product you get.another winner from philosophy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked these. The size and texture of the pads were great, and they held more than enough liquid (without being wasteful) to cover my entire face. Unfortunatley, they also broke me out in little pimples all over my face. :( Must have been one of the types of oils in it. I was surprised because I usually do well with other Philosophy products! Boo. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro's: I have dry skin, and I can use these pads every night without consequence. They make my skin glow, they're portable, they don't dry out in the container, and they smell good. Con's: Expensive, they leave a funky sticky film so I only use them at night, those are the only two. I got my mom hooked on these as well, her skin is very oily, with large pores and bad rosacea, boy her skin has done a complete turnaround. Mine stays smooth and soft, and seems to drink up my moisturizer better. I only wish they were less expensive, but oh well.