September 17, 2014 | 2047 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by delerium55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara! This stuff is amazing! It stands up to Texas summers, swimming, rain, humidity, etc. It comes off easily in the shower with warm water, so no need for eye mu remover. Thickens and slightly lengthens, very natural looking. I have Black Onyx and Dark Chocolate, both are great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by aliciaeriksson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I truly love this mascara! It's not particulary lengthening or volumizing, but it covers and seperates the lashes perfectly and makes my eyes look clear and really pretty.

I find it easy to apply with the small brush and it's suitable both for a natural look and a more defined one.
It's long lasting and doesn't flake at all, but still it's easy to wash off with just hot water and your fingertips.

The only cons I can come up with is that it's quite pricey and the lashes doesn't stay curled the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd tube of this. It all started when I got my makeup done for my wedding. The makeup artist used all Clinique products and she used this mascara on me. I had originally wanted fake lashes, but she was able to sculpt gorgeous long lashes with this mascara. It was AMAZING. I still look at the pictures and can't believe that I'm not wearing fakes. I bought this on the spot.
PROS:
-Incredibly long wearing formula- will not smudge, can survive allergy-eyes and crying (I wore it to my wedding and to a few funerals...did not see a single black streak with either) I've also worn this to the pool.
-Adds beautiful build-able length even to short lashes like mine
-Lashes look like you just finished curling them until you remove it. Truly amazing.
-Teeny tiny brush makes application SOOOO much easier. You can reach every single little lash with this Every mascara should have a brush like this.

CONS:
-Pricey for a small tube
-Formula is on the dryer side and after a few months it dries out more and gets hard to work with.
-Difficult to remove. Takes some effort and some good eye make up remove, which isn't the worst thing, but in my perfect world eye make up would stay on like you just applied it and then glide right off quickly with no effort.

All in all, I will probably always have this on hand for special occasions. The cons are what keep me from using this every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by missandix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara a lot. The formula is amazing, first tubing mascara I have ever tried, and i love it.
Pros: lasts all day, easy to remove, very black (black onyx), nice brush that gives you full control, great for lower lashes (formula and brush wise)
Cons: quite a dry formula - I favor normal to wet mascaras more, takes me 2-3 coats to get the length and volume I desire (medium volume, nothing crazy), quite a small amount in the tube.
I still love this mascara especially for summer or for long days, would definitely repurchase and recommend to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I need a mascara that would truly stay put. I've been searching for a long time. I work in the medical field, and am super busy all day long, and I do Vinyasa and hot yoga, and to top it off, I'm getting married soon and KNOW I'm going to cry everywhere and wanted to make sure I don't have raccoon eyes. I have been, and continue to be, on the lookout for a mascara I can use everyday. Clinque is the closest I have come, and yes, I will repurchase because of that. It has a very wet formula, easy to apply. I love the brush! It doesn't lengthen much, but what I like is I can coat every lash easily. It dries quickly, and this doesn't clump at all when applying! It says it comes off with warm water, but I find grapeseed or almond oil makes it come off easier. (Although it certainly is a mess when it comes off; little black pieces that look like eraser chunks all over the place haha.) But sadly it DOES flake off on my face during the day, unlike other reviewers who get this somehow to stay on their lashes. I do not get raccoon eyes though, and the flaking is minimal, so even though this mascara is not perfect, is darn near close and that is why this is now in my arsenal until I find something better.
Edit 3.7.14 I'm on my third tube of this. This newest tube seems to flake super bad on me, I'm not sure if the formula has been changed or something...I'm actually going to return this to Sephora. Sigh. Thought I found HG with this.... :{

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The saleslady claimed this mascara's formula is identical to the high impact curling mascara I usually buy (and they're perpetually sold out of), but it's the brush that bugs me. Too small for my taste. I'll go back to the wand I prefer as soon as they have my mascara in stock (or I break down and order a tube online). This one I personally prefer to not buy again, mainly because of the stupid, tiny, oval-shaped brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Lakesoverocean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG for me! My number one priority in a mascara is to not have it give me 'raccoon eyes' (the dreaded smudge below your eyes that you realize later in the day you've been sporting) I also really, really hate to have to 'scrub' my eyes to remove and was hoping so badly to find a mascara that stayed on AND could come off easily. After trying EVERY product I did not think it was possible until Clinique's Lash Power. Thank you so much, Clinique. Note: this mascara is a little odd when you take it off - the mascara is like little bits of 'eraser'. It's also the only mascara I've seen where you don't have to wipe off the mascara at the end of the wand when you pull it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jd003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gold. Stays, comfortable, actually comes off with warm water, perfect everyday mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cinderly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this! It's a great workhorse mascara and my go-to, especially when I want a polished-but-natural look. The mascara goes on smoothly, refuses to clump, and lasts all day. It doesn't build lash length or volume in any significant way, but it does darken and slightly thicken my lashes without making me look obviously made-up.

Pros: great color, no clumps, finishing touch
Cons: mid-range price

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cowzipper

I've gone through several tubes of this mascara and I love it. It really is smudge proof and it makes my eye lashes look long and pretty. My only complaint is that with a new tube, the formula is very wet and somewhat difficult to work with. After about a week though, it becomes a lot easier to use. It washes off easily with soap and water. I will definitely repurchase.