October 21, 2014 | 2212 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by sydney69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG! HG! HG! I must have tried at least a dozen mascaras over the past two years, looking for one that wouldn't make my eyes sore and bloodshot. I've tried Boots sensitive, Clinique naturally glossy, Almay one coat, various waterproof and organic/natural/paraben-free mascaras ordered at considerable expense online - you name it. Every single time, within hours (sometimes minutes) of applying, my eyes would start to feel raw, then sore, and finally I would look in the mirror to find yellow tired-looking eyes (at best) or a bloodshot watery mess (at worst). I'd got to a point where I would only wear waterproof mascara and only on special occasions, and put up with sore eyes for at least a day afterwards. So finally I've tried a tubing mascara. I had resisted the concept earlier because even though it made sense that the tubes would stay put on your lashes and therefore not get in your eyes, the thought of pulling tubes of mascara off my eyelashes was off-putting, and I didn't think I could do it without losing lashes each time. As it turns out, you can get the mascara off with a cotton pad and warm water (thanks, fellow reviewers!), and although it comes off in clumps, this is a good thing for me because in the past the dissolved mascara would find its way into my eyes when I removed it, setting me up for days of red eyes. I first tried Lash Power (black onyx) at the Clinique counter and wore it for the rest of the day, not expecting miracles. To my amazement, I forgot I had it on (!) until later that day when I noticed that my eyes looked better than usual. Sure enough, the mascara hadn't budged AT ALL - no smudges - but more importantly to me, my eyes were completely clear!! I ordered a tube of both the black and brown and have just worn the brown (dark chocolate is a good description of the colour - it's brown not brown-black) all day, even during several hours of computer work, and it has not affected my eyes one bit. I only applied it to one eye to make sure it wasn't my (wishful) imagination, but no, the mascara'd eye is no different to the other one. Hallelujah! It even lengthens a bit, but doesn't give much in the way of volume, but then I don't like volumising mascaras anyway - I like the long feathery look. It goes on smoothly too, and doesn't clump or leave gobs of mascara on the tips of your lashes (although with any mascara I always brush through with a dry spoolie after applying). I hope this review isn't premature, but I think Lash Power has found a fan for life. HIGHLY recommended for sensitive eyes!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This is the best mascara for sensitive eyes. It never smudges or clumps. It never runs and never leaves you looking like a raccoon. It is easy to remove too. If you use a lash primer like even the primer half of L'Oreal's Double Extend in waterproof, it will look a lot more dramatic and still be smudge-proof and last forever. It is a tubing mascara. Two things that would make me like it better: a plastic wand/bristles that grip lashes and a more voluminizing & lengthening formula. The size of the brush is small, which is excellent, but the bristles don't really deposit a lot of product to create a lot of drama. And the formula doesn't create seem to hold the lash curl very well. Very good at defining. I really liked how it could be on my lashes all night and it would never irritate my eyes or make them itch. Never flaked.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by delerium55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara! This stuff is amazing! It stands up to Texas summers, swimming, rain, humidity, etc. It comes off easily in the shower with warm water, so no need for eye mu remover. Thickens and slightly lengthens, very natural looking. I have Black Onyx and Dark Chocolate, both are great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by aliciaeriksson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I truly love this mascara! It's not particulary lengthening or volumizing, but it covers and seperates the lashes perfectly and makes my eyes look clear and really pretty.

I find it easy to apply with the small brush and it's suitable both for a natural look and a more defined one.
It's long lasting and doesn't flake at all, but still it's easy to wash off with just hot water and your fingertips.

The only cons I can come up with is that it's quite pricey and the lashes doesn't stay curled the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd tube of this. It all started when I got my makeup done for my wedding. The makeup artist used all Clinique products and she used this mascara on me. I had originally wanted fake lashes, but she was able to sculpt gorgeous long lashes with this mascara. It was AMAZING. I still look at the pictures and can't believe that I'm not wearing fakes. I bought this on the spot.
PROS:
-Incredibly long wearing formula- will not smudge, can survive allergy-eyes and crying (I wore it to my wedding and to a few funerals...did not see a single black streak with either) I've also worn this to the pool.
-Adds beautiful build-able length even to short lashes like mine
-Lashes look like you just finished curling them until you remove it. Truly amazing.
-Teeny tiny brush makes application SOOOO much easier. You can reach every single little lash with this Every mascara should have a brush like this.

CONS:
-Pricey for a small tube
-Formula is on the dryer side and after a few months it dries out more and gets hard to work with.
-Difficult to remove. Takes some effort and some good eye make up remove, which isn't the worst thing, but in my perfect world eye make up would stay on like you just applied it and then glide right off quickly with no effort.

All in all, I will probably always have this on hand for special occasions. The cons are what keep me from using this every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by missandix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara a lot. The formula is amazing, first tubing mascara I have ever tried, and i love it.
Pros: lasts all day, easy to remove, very black (black onyx), nice brush that gives you full control, great for lower lashes (formula and brush wise)
Cons: quite a dry formula - I favor normal to wet mascaras more, takes me 2-3 coats to get the length and volume I desire (medium volume, nothing crazy), quite a small amount in the tube.
I still love this mascara especially for summer or for long days, would definitely repurchase and recommend to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I need a mascara that would truly stay put. I've been searching for a long time. I work in the medical field, and am super busy all day long, and I do Vinyasa and hot yoga, and to top it off, I'm getting married soon and KNOW I'm going to cry everywhere and wanted to make sure I don't have raccoon eyes. I have been, and continue to be, on the lookout for a mascara I can use everyday. Clinque is the closest I have come, and yes, I will repurchase because of that. It has a very wet formula, easy to apply. I love the brush! It doesn't lengthen much, but what I like is I can coat every lash easily. It dries quickly, and this doesn't clump at all when applying! It says it comes off with warm water, but I find grapeseed or almond oil makes it come off easier. (Although it certainly is a mess when it comes off; little black pieces that look like eraser chunks all over the place haha.) But sadly it DOES flake off on my face during the day, unlike other reviewers who get this somehow to stay on their lashes. I do not get raccoon eyes though, and the flaking is minimal, so even though this mascara is not perfect, is darn near close and that is why this is now in my arsenal until I find something better.
Edit 3.7.14 I'm on my third tube of this. This newest tube seems to flake super bad on me, I'm not sure if the formula has been changed or something...I'm actually going to return this to Sephora. Sigh. Thought I found HG with this.... :{

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The saleslady claimed this mascara's formula is identical to the high impact curling mascara I usually buy (and they're perpetually sold out of), but it's the brush that bugs me. Too small for my taste. I'll go back to the wand I prefer as soon as they have my mascara in stock (or I break down and order a tube online). This one I personally prefer to not buy again, mainly because of the stupid, tiny, oval-shaped brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Lakesoverocean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG for me! My number one priority in a mascara is to not have it give me 'raccoon eyes' (the dreaded smudge below your eyes that you realize later in the day you've been sporting) I also really, really hate to have to 'scrub' my eyes to remove and was hoping so badly to find a mascara that stayed on AND could come off easily. After trying EVERY product I did not think it was possible until Clinique's Lash Power. Thank you so much, Clinique. Note: this mascara is a little odd when you take it off - the mascara is like little bits of 'eraser'. It's also the only mascara I've seen where you don't have to wipe off the mascara at the end of the wand when you pull it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jd003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gold. Stays, comfortable, actually comes off with warm water, perfect everyday mascara.