November 24, 2014 | 1280 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

I have been looking for a replacement for fruition by EL and was told this is close. the very helpful EL lady at the counter gave me a large sample...i am in my 2nd week of it...and have noticed improvement. when i was a teenager i only used fruition because i was given it as a gift for working at the duty free and loved it...cleared up my skin like i don't know what....but it was a bit pricey for an 19 year old. fast forward 14 years and i want it so bad....for fine lines now as well as mild breakouts...and it is gone. so idealist while good is not as great as fruition. will probably buy it when i am finished sample though as i do see improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works. For those with a nose with "sebaceous filaments" that look like black heads eternal that have read all the articles on the internet that explain that they must live with this, there is no fixing - I recommend to try this yes expensive but efficient product. It does have a brightening tone effect to the skin, but its main quality is that it works, also is a very gentle way to keep pore tighter and reduce appearance of blackheads. Optimal results are achieved with Estee Lauder's Perfectionist night serum (that mildly exfoliates and cleanses pores). Discontinuing use does not keep the problem solved, you just need to use it daily. But I would buy this over any other new pair of shoes or jeans because better have a new face in old clothes than otherwise (Joan Rivers paraphrase).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I have been using this product on and off for the past 9 years or so. I always end up repurchasing it, its the cost that deters me a little so I try to use it sparingly.

I find that it smooths my skin and minimises my pores. When I wake up the next morning my foundation applies like a dream. I really like this serum. I don't use it every day because of the price so I tend to use it once every 3 days and at night only. I concentrate the serum on my nose area where I have visible pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by makeupmiller

This product made me break out!! I hardly ever get blemishes on my skin and its not sensitive at all yet this made me break out like crazy. It took me a long time to figure out that it was the idealist that made my skin break out and as soon as i stopped using it my face cleared up. This product does make your skin feel really soft but it doesn't seem to make pores any smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by hybrid756

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Want an expensive treat? Buy this! Ok, it's pricey and it doesn't last that long if you get addicted to using it (which you probably will) but god damn... it makes your skin feel like velvet.

That is all!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This product contains silicones which actually dries skin and prevents any actives from being absorbed, it is a common ingredient used in skincare , it can trick you into thinking a cream or serum works because of the temporary cosmetic effect of filling pores etc, much like a primer does but some silicones can build up and besides the cosmetic effect has no long term positive effects on skin in fact there is more of a chance of having negative effects, besides clogging and causing milia.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jiller777

Of course it can be a primer cus of all the silicone in it,,,I personally stay away from silicone based Serums, Gels, Primers cus it can cause acne...Something to keep in mind if ur ance prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by tutumeme

I got this at the duty free on the way to our honeymoon, we had been given a lot of money as gift's so decided to splash out. I got this and the illuminator. I have to say after years battling moderate acne, I am sooo over companies making claims about their products. That being said I do hold out hope for my one miracle product! I have managed to control my acne with simple cleansing and using mineral makeup which has been a godsend, however I have acne scarring old and newish which needs to be gone lol, I must have tried hundreds of diff products and am convinced my skin is impenetrable, nothing works. I didn't hold out much hope for this despite it being 'high end', but after a recent breakout ( my fault, using sun lotion too strong for my face ) I had these two gigantic bumps that never came to a head which of course means they will take about 2 months to go down! But I began to notice after using this that they were healing quite rapidly, reducing and new skin was forming, I also noticed it on my cheeks where there is light scarring, it's the only time I've ever done a double take in the mirror! I haven't even been using it religously, now that I know it actually works I shall!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

This has been around for quite some time but i only got to try it recently about a month ago. I got this together with the Micro D and so far im pleased with the results.

Regarding the pore minimizing effect,i would say the pores on my forehead does look smaller although the ones on my cheeks looks slightly improved. With that said,i don't really expect major shrinkage in my pore size as i believe that no products does that. I will still continue to purchase this because it does work (for me at least). So far,no bad reactions or anything. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by intrepidsoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a sample from the EL sales lady and decided to try it. I probably only used it for one or two days, and immediately started breaking out all over my face for 2 weeks straight. I'll never try again.