September 19, 2014 | 1743 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I have been using this product on and off for the past 9 years or so. I always end up repurchasing it, its the cost that deters me a little so I try to use it sparingly.

I find that it smooths my skin and minimises my pores. When I wake up the next morning my foundation applies like a dream. I really like this serum. I don't use it every day because of the price so I tend to use it once every 3 days and at night only. I concentrate the serum on my nose area where I have visible pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by makeupmiller

This product made me break out!! I hardly ever get blemishes on my skin and its not sensitive at all yet this made me break out like crazy. It took me a long time to figure out that it was the idealist that made my skin break out and as soon as i stopped using it my face cleared up. This product does make your skin feel really soft but it doesn't seem to make pores any smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by hybrid756

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Want an expensive treat? Buy this! Ok, it's pricey and it doesn't last that long if you get addicted to using it (which you probably will) but god damn... it makes your skin feel like velvet.

That is all!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This product contains silicones which actually dries skin and prevents any actives from being absorbed, it is a common ingredient used in skincare , it can trick you into thinking a cream or serum works because of the temporary cosmetic effect of filling pores etc, much like a primer does but some silicones can build up and besides the cosmetic effect has no long term positive effects on skin in fact there is more of a chance of having negative effects, besides clogging and causing milia.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jiller777

Of course it can be a primer cus of all the silicone in it,,,I personally stay away from silicone based Serums, Gels, Primers cus it can cause acne...Something to keep in mind if ur ance prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by tutumeme

I got this at the duty free on the way to our honeymoon, we had been given a lot of money as gift's so decided to splash out. I got this and the illuminator. I have to say after years battling moderate acne, I am sooo over companies making claims about their products. That being said I do hold out hope for my one miracle product! I have managed to control my acne with simple cleansing and using mineral makeup which has been a godsend, however I have acne scarring old and newish which needs to be gone lol, I must have tried hundreds of diff products and am convinced my skin is impenetrable, nothing works. I didn't hold out much hope for this despite it being 'high end', but after a recent breakout ( my fault, using sun lotion too strong for my face ) I had these two gigantic bumps that never came to a head which of course means they will take about 2 months to go down! But I began to notice after using this that they were healing quite rapidly, reducing and new skin was forming, I also noticed it on my cheeks where there is light scarring, it's the only time I've ever done a double take in the mirror! I haven't even been using it religously, now that I know it actually works I shall!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

This has been around for quite some time but i only got to try it recently about a month ago. I got this together with the Micro D and so far im pleased with the results.

Regarding the pore minimizing effect,i would say the pores on my forehead does look smaller although the ones on my cheeks looks slightly improved. With that said,i don't really expect major shrinkage in my pore size as i believe that no products does that. I will still continue to purchase this because it does work (for me at least). So far,no bad reactions or anything. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by intrepidsoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a sample from the EL sales lady and decided to try it. I probably only used it for one or two days, and immediately started breaking out all over my face for 2 weeks straight. I'll never try again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawaiianxangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product leaves me on the iffy side. it smells great and KIND OF reduced my pore size but its REALLY EXPENSIVE! I definitely not buy again just because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jojoshine

I brought it early this year but only has been using it consistently recently - I wish I did it earlier!

To be honest, on the pore side I have not noticed any difference yet - maybe because I have not used it long enough - but I did not really have much hope there anyway. I've heard for pores, none of the product out there will make huge difference/resolve the problem.

But I have noticed a HUGE difference in terms of oil control. I have combination skin and very oily around the T zone. I use it before my moisturizer and my skin is not terribly shiny anymore. I have tried so many oil control products and so far this one is the best one. It's very light and also make my skin feels so smooth. Yes, it's expensive but I think it's fair for the brand and product; it lasts quite a while as well.

I do not quite like the glass bottle packing - it's very heavy and make it hard to bring with me when I travel.