Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 12/25/2011 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This serum mattified nicely under my moisturizer, but I didnt like the awkward square shaped bottle, makes it hard to get it all out. I got the sample sized one that lasted me about a week, so I didn't notice any longterm benefits or changes in my skin, but it gave a nice overall matte smooth finish on my skin. Probably wouldn't buy the whole product, but it may be worth giving a try.

on 12/17/2011 12:35:00 PM

One of the few items I have used consistently over the years. Great for acne prone aging skin as it makes skin feel great, shrinks pore size, and works as moisturizer/primer under makeup. It really is a must have...

on 12/5/2011 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

If this was marketed as a primer i'd give it a 4. The short term result is quite lovely, but it's still insanely overpriced for a primer.

Problem is this is marketed as a pore minimizing "treatment". In the short term it does camouflage pores, fair enough, but also clogs them up like crazy and makes skin look worse in the longer run.

I can't use this on a regular basis, only as a primer on rare occasions. And apart from clogging up my skin this is a very nice primer, it makes my skin look clearer and brighter and more even in tone and texture. But i'm quite annoyed that beyond the short term camouflage this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims to, it actually maximizes pores.

on 11/25/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Product was so bad made my skin break out there is very fine mica in the product that create a fake glow. and the mica is what has been responsible for clogging my pores and causing my acne in places i never had them before.

on 10/28/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been looking for a replacement for fruition by EL and was told this is close. the very helpful EL lady at the counter gave me a large sample...i am in my 2nd week of it...and have noticed improvement. when i was a teenager i only used fruition because i was given it as a gift for working at the duty free and loved it...cleared up my skin like i don't know what....but it was a bit pricey for an 19 year old. fast forward 14 years and i want it so bad....for fine lines now as well as mild breakouts...and it is gone. so idealist while good is not as great as fruition. will probably buy it when i am finished sample though as i do see improvement.

on 10/27/2011 11:00:00 AM

This product works. For those with a nose with "sebaceous filaments" that look like black heads eternal that have read all the articles on the internet that explain that they must live with this, there is no fixing - I recommend to try this yes expensive but efficient product. It does have a brightening tone effect to the skin, but its main quality is that it works, also is a very gentle way to keep pore tighter and reduce appearance of blackheads. Optimal results are achieved with Estee Lauder's Perfectionist night serum (that mildly exfoliates and cleanses pores). Discontinuing use does not keep the problem solved, you just need to use it daily. But I would buy this over any other new pair of shoes or jeans because better have a new face in old clothes than otherwise (Joan Rivers paraphrase).

I have been using this product on and off for the past 9 years or so. I always end up repurchasing it, its the cost that deters me a little so I try to use it sparingly.

I find that it smooths my skin and minimises my pores. When I wake up the next morning my foundation applies like a dream. I really like this serum. I don't use it every day because of the price so I tend to use it once every 3 days and at night only. I concentrate the serum on my nose area where I have visible pores.

on 9/17/2011 4:07:00 PM

This product made me break out!! I hardly ever get blemishes on my skin and its not sensitive at all yet this made me break out like crazy. It took me a long time to figure out that it was the idealist that made my skin break out and as soon as i stopped using it my face cleared up. This product does make your skin feel really soft but it doesn't seem to make pores any smaller.

on 9/14/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Want an expensive treat? Buy this! Ok, it's pricey and it doesn't last that long if you get addicted to using it (which you probably will) but god damn... it makes your skin feel like velvet.

That is all!

on 9/13/2011 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product contains silicones which actually dries skin and prevents any actives from being absorbed, it is a common ingredient used in skincare , it can trick you into thinking a cream or serum works because of the temporary cosmetic effect of filling pores etc, much like a primer does but some silicones can build up and besides the cosmetic effect has no long term positive effects on skin in fact there is more of a chance of having negative effects, besides clogging and causing milia.

Popular Treatments (Face)