September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For anyone who has issues with this product, you are likely not using it correctly. LESS is MORE, when it comes to any of Mac's fludline gel liners. You don't need to load your brush up with a bunch of it. I run my brush across it and then actually brush it off against the side of the container, then I start my "wing" on my eye and do the whole outline. Then I go back and get a little more product to fill in and darken my winged line. I also use Urban Decay's eyelid primer AND a base eyeshadow before putting this on. Liner needs something to "stick" too... I'm surprised people would have issues if they're applying this to a bare lid, or even a just-primed lid. Slap some shadow on, even if it's the exact shade of your skin.

Works fantastic. It has a matte finish, none of that annoying shine you get from liquid liners, and it lasts FOREVER. I mean, don't rub at your eyes or anything, but this stuff stays on better for me than the 24/7 liner from Urban Decay (which I love and I thought IT had good staying power!)

And best of all, this stuff is amazing for tightlining your upper waterline. I find that any pencil liner I tried for this would rub off and/or get in my eye. Mac's fluidline is PERFECT for tightlining, and doesn't clump your lashes or anything.

Honestly, if you're into makeup and use eyeliner, you need this product.

I use it with the Mac 209 eyeliner brush, and it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by SisiSeetheSea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this! It's the only eyeliner I buy and have been doing so for the past 8 years. its easy to apply, glides on well and goes on jet black. I find with other eyeliners in the past I've had to apply several coats that's not the case with this one. the best part is that I don't need to reapply, I put it on at 7 am and it doesn't com off until I take it off at the end of the night. I never even bother trying new eyeliners, nothing could ever compare

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Powder_Puff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's easy to apply using the MAC small angled brush but I find it smudges by the end of the day and I look like a bit of a mess. The container lasted about 5 months until it started to dry out and became difficult to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by NPxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner is brilliant!!

Application is nice and smooth, stays put for 12+ hours and is highly pigmented so that you will get that strong black colour that you ideally want in a gel eyeliner.

I apply using a Benefit angled eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Troubleina

I wear black eyeliner daily on my waterline. This lasts 12+ hours for me, i even had a YAG eye laser procedure when wearing it, lots of eye drops, no running, smearing or smudging! It looked great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by stacyk107

This stuff is perfect. Everyday, I apply a eyeshadow primer and a light dusting of a neutral shadow and then line my upper lash line w/Blacktrack (or the brown shade) and it stays all day. When it starts to get dry in the pot, I dip my brush in a tiny dab of Cetaphil lotion, blot it and then grab some liner and swipe it on. This works great for me; I've been wearing Fluidline for 3 years now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a makeup artist I always try to find my HG gel liner for brides, water resistant, waterproof, etc... THIS, my friends, this is overhyped. This last, one lippy for that but it isnt the blackest black in the makeup industry and MAC sells the Blacktrack as that (marketing, people). Beside, i dont find that a little bit goes a long way.

It comes in a glass container which makes the product look and feel fancy, beside the noise that the cap and the jar does when you open and close is... I dont know, I love it, haha.
It dries in the container. Judge me if you want, this doesnt deserve the hype or anything.

In Mexico we have a brand, the name is Adara. This brand have the BLACKEST BLACK gel liner I´ve ever tried. It doesnt smudge, transfer or anywhing. It is waterproof like you cant imagine... you just need a little bit to work with. Another positive thing is that it havent dried out and I have it for 7 months AND it is cheap as hell... In dollars it is $4.60. this is way better than the MAC one.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beccatay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had major trouble with this liner smearing all over my lid. I have no trouble with other gel liners, but this one will not stay put. No matter what primer I use under it or powder I use over it I end up looking like a freak when I wear it. It is super creamy and easy to apply so that is why I gave it two stars. I usually like MAC products, but this one is not for me. I definitely will not be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by iloveyoulauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I AM IN LOVE WITH FLUIDLINE! It is the easiest gel liner to work with. Because of how creamy the liner is, it makes it super easy to create different liner looks. Although, because it is so creamy, some buyers may have difficulty applying it. But for me, creating a dramatic cat eye look, or smudging it for a smokey eye is soooo easy and beautiful. I just got broken up with, boo-hoo me, and I've been a crying mess constantly wiping my eyes. And guess what? Blacktrack stays with me through all my daily breakdowns. This truly is a stand up product for an inexpensive price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

It's a really great black but the eyeliner texture itself is wayyyyyyy too creamy. It's so creamy that when I apply it, it easily smudges everywhere. I have purchased for a year now and I've only used it at most 3 times. My sister agress with me as well that it is too creamy. Although it's good for those who want their cream liners to "glide-on", this eyeliner is not for those who want it to stay. I've tried setting it with black eyeshadow but it still smudeges everywhere. At first I used it for both my top and the outer half-bottom lash line, then I tried using it only on the top lash line, and once only as a thin tight lighner but each time it smudged like crazy. Definitely a miss. It has been sitting im my makeup collection unused....sigh* I prefer my Bobbi Brown one and my Maybelline one more than this one.