July 31, 2014 | 1058 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by blufunk

GGG NC45

Beautiful flat purple on me. Very versatile as a base and liner and long lasting. I picked this up a my local CCO for $9USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always adhered to wearing black liner so for a while I was wearing Blacktrack or Blitz & Glitz but then I decided it was time to experiment with color and don the black liner and brown shadows.

I have blue eyes and I began playing with different colors and this navy liner with a subtle undertone of violet is absolutely gorgeous. It stays put all day long (I apply it with Mac's angular liner brush), never budges or smudges and it stays on until I take it off at the end of the day. It's the perfect shade for the shadows I've been wearing these days in the blue family which consist primarily of denim and sky blue.

If I am in a hurry and don't really have time for the shadow, the liner with a couple of coats of mascara still make my blue eyes pop and I know this is a winner and that I will always have a jar around.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by busymommy

I usually like fluidlines but not this one.The texture is harder to work with,back to blacktrack!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Ghoulina

This looked so super-cool in the pot, like a deep blue-violet. Unfortunately when I put it on, it just looked plain old navy blue. I just couldn't get it to work for me without looking like I timewarped back to the 80's, so I swapped it away :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by wolfcub

I love to wear this as a liner on 1/3 of my lower waterline and leave the rest of the waterline bare. It makes my blue eyes look really blue, especially when I use orange eyeshadows on my lids.

The color is a navy/purple and it acts as a good substitute for a brown liner on my lower waterline. Brown eyeliners on my lower waterlines looks too heavy on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

First when i got it, it just seemed like just another blue liner, but now i have discovered the secrets of this little trickster. first of all yes it looks amazing paired with matte purple/ taupes and bluish e/s. but i love hoe it comes to live smudged out .it looks purple/blue with red pearl it's so fantastic as a base for purples and greys. i'm truly in love. it also looks great with sweet sienn pigment and earthly riches e/s duo. And it works wonders when topped with blue green or grape pigmnet,either as a liner or smokey eye...love it:)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:27:00 AM More reviews by hautelyodd

Waveline is a gorgeous navy/purple colour, but it simply refuses to go on without a fight. I use a MAC brush #266 and it takes much more than a steady hand to get a decent line on, unlike Rich Ground, which goes on like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love fluidlines, and waveline is no exception. It's a dark blue/purple color, with some pearl. I think that it makes the whites of my eyes look whiter/brighter. The color is dark enough so that it's not distractingly blue or purple, so if you can pull off black liner, you can probably pull off waveline! I would only wear this when I was going for something aside from the normal black or brown; I probably wouldn't use this as an everyday product.

I took off one lippie because it's not as versatile as dipdown, blacktrack, or blitz & glitz, and because I think that the consistency is kind of thin as compared to others. In order for me to get a nice thick line, I'd have to layer it on a little.

I also said that I would not buy it again, because that little jar is going to last me forever!

for reference, I'm NC 35 in MAC w/ black hair and dark brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Leigh47

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This color is gorgeous on my green eyes! I use blacktrack almost every day, but wanted to try something different on my lower lids. I've tried shade, rich ground, sweet sage and macroviolet. THIS COLOR IS THE BEST! Doesn't bring out the red like most purplish shades do! I guess it's the navy that does it. You won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Cali_Dancer85

I LOVE fluidliners. Blacktrack is my staple but I wanted to venture out more so I chose waveline. It's beautiful and now I find myself wearing it everyday...often just the eyeliner and mascara because I don't want to ruin the color of the liner with eyeshadow. It shows up as a beautiful medium blurple (blue and purple) on me...a bit more blue than purple though. It really makes my dark dark brown eyes pop. The staying power is wonderful as with all fluidliners and the texture is nice and smooth and easy to apply.