Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace Silkening Body Splash

4.1

on 3/3/2008 7:39:00 PM

A lovely pretty vanilla scent that has just the right amount of sweetness.The only drawback is that it does not last very long. However the bottle is huge (you can buy smaller ones) and it would probably last you for at least over 6 months.

I bought this product over a month ago, but have only wore it to school twice. both times (layered with the EDT) people were asking who smelled so good, and one of my friends smelled my sleeve and pointed me out.
it's a very nice vanilla scent, and it's not very often i'll say that. on me you can lightly smell the orchid note, but the sweet smell attracts most people's noses. definately repurchasing this one. :)

I have been using this stuff for sooo long! Vanilla is my all time favorite scent and this stuff by Victoria's Secret is wonderful! I am a much bigger fan of the sprays than the perfumes because with perfume it is easy to over do it. With these sprays you can drench your entire body and still smell perfect. I love it!!!

Itís a fairly nice vanilla scent. Its not too sweet or foody or anything. Its just a nice, subtle vanilla scent. The reason I might not buy it again, however, is the fact that its so ordinary. Thereís nothing but vanilla, and I prefer vanilla scents that have a little something extra to them, like amber or caramel or something. Thereís supposed to be amber in this, but I really donít smell much. Overall a nice basic vanilla, but its too plain for my liking.

on 1/10/2008 7:04:00 PM

I am a fan of vanilla scents, and I have to say that this is my favorite vanilla body spray. It has a very warm and rich scent without being too sweet. It's much better than BBW's warm vanilla sugar spray.

If I were to pick my go to/signature scent, this body spray would be it. I have been wearing it since high school, and it is the only scent that I have never been sick of. It speaks of sentimental moments in my life, and comforts me like no other scent. It evokes visions of sitting by the fireplace all snuggled up. It is a very sensual and soft vanilla, that warms up nicely on the skin, and has a slightly smoky quality to it, with a slight floral note of orchid. It is the only vanilla that does not smell sickly sweet and "foody" to me. I've never found anything else that compares. I also like to layer it with the lotion and perfume for a heady and beautiful smell, that really lasts. It is also the only scent that I've worn that men have stopped me on the street to tell me how wonderful I smell!

on 10/21/2007 1:57:00 PM

Like others have reviewed, this is definitely a musky vanilla. I prefer foody scened vanillas though and this is not that kind. More mature I suppose and sensual. The reason for my low rating is because this just reeks of alcohol. One of the main reasons I never reach for this. For vanilla scents I turn to my beloved Warm Vanilla Sugar.....still sophisticated but no alcohol-y smell.

on 10/19/2007 1:43:00 PM

I tried this on at a La Senza store and it was divine. I came home and looked up the review for it here on MUA, seeing all the great reviews I went back the next day and picked up a bottle.
And I tried it on when I got home, and I smelled nothing like I remembered. Its by no means a bad scent. It's quite pleasant actually. Though I wish it lasted longer. I can barely smell it right after I spray, and the scent's completely gone after 5 minutes.

Try Calgon's Marshmellow and/or Vanilla Swirl if you like warm vanilla scents.
Marshmellow's a very very foody/cakey vanilla while vanilla Swirl is mostly amber. I like layering the two scents.

edit:
I had to take off another lippie, because the alcohol smell reminds me too much of bad hangovers. (Chivas anyone?) And the actual scent (after the drydown) doesn't last more than 10 minutes.

on 8/17/2007 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is pretty lightly scented and not very long-lasting. It's a nice enough smell - like vanilla extract with a hint of musk and amber rather than a foody or floral vanilla. But because of the faint smell and because I prefer sweeter/foody vanillas, I won't repurchase. EDIT: I'm not liking the amber/musk note. I take back what I said about this not being long-lasting, because all I've smelled for the past four hours is amber. Ugh.

on 8/3/2007 12:52:00 PM

Love it!! This is a soft, soothing, and elegant vanilla. Even though I like other Secret Garden fragrances, this one is my favorite. It is the most sophisticated one and the dry down is amazing. The dry down is a creamy, yet musky (and slightly ambery) vanilla. It seems to have smoky, vanilla incense undertones, making it really sensual and sexy. Vanilla Lace is quite a deep fragrance for a body spray, so minimal is needed, and it lasts for a great amount of time. VS better not discontinue!

Popular Fragrances