April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually go for sweeter, more gourmand fragrances, but this one is nice, clean, and non-offensive to most. It's one of the only fragrances that my boyfriend can tolerate. Smells a bit like soap and water. I took one lippie off because I think I would like it better if Philosophy found a way to add a little sweetness to it, but I've mixed it with Philosophy's other fragrances -- Falling in Love and Unconditional Love and it blends fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by melbay

Love it - it's my signature scent!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by pln315

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This fragrance stinks...literally!. I find it to be very pungent and strong. It's in the 'worst scent' category along with Youth Dew. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

There is something decidedly sharp about this fragrance that sets me off when I first put it on. Fortunately it fades with wear. But then the scent seems to fade all together really fast. I've had better luck with the oil. I do love this scent for spring and summer though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very pretty fragrance. Fresh, sugary, citrusy, lightly floral and slightly powdery at the same time, makes me think of hubba bubba and long white socks and nylon short shorts, Kirsten Dunst drinking peach schnapps under the stairs in the Virgin Suicides, hmmm was it her or another character? Ok i'm digressing.... but it is the type of fragrance you can put on in the morning without thinking if you know what i mean! Fragrance lingers longest on clothing so make sure to spray some on your threads for staying power! Definately not a perfume to wear for a job interview, it will turn you to jelly, for such an occassion i can recommend Calvin Klein Obsession even though i can't stand it! Bottle is awesome, fits nicely into the smallest of bags, i wish more perfumes came in bottles with this in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this perfume awhile ago and for some reason, didn't really care for it and put it in the back of my medicine cabinet. I always seem to go back to my HG scent- Bennetton Colours which is heaven in a bottle and hard to come by unfortunetly. 3 weeks ago, I was packing for my vacation (Italy!) and was looking for a perfume that was small to pack and one I didn't really care about. I chose this one and I am so happy I gave it a second chance! It turns out, this is a lovely fragrance which made me smell freshly showered even after long sweaty days of sightseeing. I thought I detected notes of chocolate in it. Anyway, I used most of it up on my vacation and I think I will repurchase it as it is a lovely fresh, light perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the light, fresh, clean scent of Amazing Grace. I did take one lippie off because the scent fades rather quickly. I am wondering if the eau de parfum would last longer, I thik I will try that next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this. AMAZING GRACE is very soft, feminine and clean.
Itís deliberately close to the skin so just you & that special someone can smell it, rather then the whole street. Being so simple and uncluttered, AMAZING GRACE doesnít smell artificial.
I also love the sleek, simple bottle design.

Sometimes less is more.

Scent notes: mandarin orange, grapefruit, bergamot, freesia, jasmine, rose and musk.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by shann106

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG scent. I love the clean scent. In the morning when I first put it on I get compliments, but the scent does fade quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I'm a QVC buyer, watcher and internet surfer. QVC has a Beauty hour on Saturday, I know, it's date night but we have 3-year old and Saturdays are rarely date nights for us. Anyway, during this hour, sometime they show some Philosophy products or I get suck into watching an hour of Philosophy. Oh, and the way they present this cologne, I felt like a fool not ordering it. I did and boy, I was not very happy. I didn't think it gave you that after shower scent. It reminded me of my grandmother's scent. It brought back memories but it wasn't the way I wanted to smell either. I gave it a week and just didn't like it. I ended up giving to my mom. She said that she liked it. But, the last time, I went to see her, the bottle was still in the box and that was over a month ago. Oh, well. I told her to pass it on it she didn't like it. I gave it one lippie because it was package nicely when it came in the mail.