July 25, 2014 | 964 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Instant Nail Enhancer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2006 3:27:00 AM More reviews by alizkandariyya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this stuff, but even though it looked nice when it first went on, it is slightly problematic that it DESOLVES WHEN YOU WASH YOUR HANDS! It didn't improve or damage my nails, but if you wash your hands more than once per day (and I hope you do!), then this is definitely not worth the time.

I had some nail polish when I was about 5 made for kids that just peels off your nails & isn't permanent. This reminds me alot of that. And at the tips of you nails it kinda sticks off the end in globs.

Overall, nice in theory but completely impractical. Just stick with clear polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 11:47:00 AM More reviews by villagemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff works like magic for me. I've never been able to grow my weak nails past the end of my fingers unless I polish, etc.. every day, something not possible for a busy mom with four kids and a business. With this product, I swipe it on in 30 seconds after my morning shower and enjoy longer, strong, healthy-looking nails without another thought. I no longer have to hide short, ugly nails from other people. I love it. One of my 4 used bottles did clog up, and I had to replace, but the others worked like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 1:17:00 AM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. As a makeup artist, my hands are always in and out of water, hand sanitizer and other cleansers/products. I can barely keep one coat of a strengthener on my nails, much less regular nail polish (except for a sheer coat of a high shimmer/light glitter polish on occasion) for more than a day.

I used to love getting my nails done, and when I started doing makeup I even went the "gels" route - ruined my natural nails that have always been strong. It took me forever to get them back to normal, with the use of the Jessica Nail System (wonderful productst, too!). So this nail enhancer is a gift to those of us who can't hold a french manicure or any other fresh look, but need a touch of shine with some extra strength. It wears off after a day or so, but never looks bad or unprofessional. Some of my cleansers remove a portion of it, but I don't really care. It's still worth it and it's so quick!

One other product I play with for my nails, especially during the winter when my naturally hard nails get brittle, is Jessica "Bend Don't Break". I can actually get a couple of days of wear, out of a coat of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2006 11:24:00 PM More reviews by PissyMissy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

for the first 2 uses, I loved this product. it gave a nice, natural shine and disguised chips.
    BUT, after 2 -3 times, the product just won't come out of the tube. I shake, squeeze, press down on tip...everything. I thought it was just the one I bought, but nope...2nd purchase did the same thing. I won't buy this a third time. a clear nail polish will do the same thing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by zila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

right now, this is a holy grail product for me. i'd been using nail strengtheners, (nailtiques, etc), and they all acted, more or less, like nail polish---built up, had to be removed with remover. and chipped, instead of always looking smooth and lightly shiny. with this, my nails always look neat and shiny. they don't crack and break as much as they used to--and i can see a difference if i stop using it for a week. and the polish just rubs off in the shower, leaving nails clean for a new coat. i have and use both versions of this--i wish they would come out with a pale pink/ peach or rose--some other hint of color or opalescence. its a great product; i haven't found anything else like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sayitrite

The packaging is great, I didn't have any problems with it. I also liked how it dried so fast. But I dont like the smell and it doesnt really do anything for my nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by vtinkysx3

im using the pearl sheen one.
    looove it cuz either i cant nail polish good at home or all those nail polish make my nail weak!! my nails have a tendency to peel/ rip/ break/ whatever in recent years for no reasons at all and instant nail enhancer saves my nail! i would love to see more color selections though...
    one thing i dun like about it is that it always comes off in shower and i dun usually have time to re-apply before i go out (since i shower in the morning). another i that the dispenser is sometimes hard to use, either too much or nothing at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by JinaChan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This gives a smooth, natural but flawless look to my pitted nails. Unlike nail polish, it does not contain phthalates, and it doesn't peel off and look terrible in a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by TXwildcat02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, I think this product is OK. I bought the Buffed Sheen. I agree w/ other reviewers that if you get too much on, then it peels and becomes gummy. I do like the brush though - great idea! It also makes your nails look nice, not too shiny.
    The only complaint I really have is that it doesn't last long on your nails - for me it hasn't lasted a whole day & then you can see spots where you have sheen & spots where it is just bare nail. So, the constant re-application is a little annoying, but it does dry SUPER fast. Also, to me, this smells a little like super-glue.
    I think this is an interesting idea & am still undecided as to whether I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by exdi

I bought this in Buffed Sheen, and it works wonderfully. It really does give a natural look, and really strengthened my nails. I've been using this for about two weeks now, and haven't experienced any gumminess or peeling like some other reviewers have reported. I don't use it everyday, though. More like once every two to three days. Anyway, tonight I clipped my nails, and they were TOUGH. I've never had such a hard time cutting them before, and I guess this is to blame, but at least I haven't gotten any big chips and hangnails like I usually do after several weeks! Although I admit that I did get a hangnail today, but that was because I smashed my hand really hard into the wall. There's nothing to protect one against being a klutz!

Update: My nails do get gummy after a while, so use this wisely and sparingly. Also, it's important to degunk the brush. I'll have to take off a lippie. I'm just going to stick to clear polish, which is cheaper.