August 1, 2014 | 1835 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by FaceOfAnAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

someone mentioned that this powder is sapposed to be claryfying beacause it has salylic acid but it contains talc and talc breaks you out! it broke me out!... at least i think it was the powder haha but also the color selection was awful and does it oxidize? it seemed like it did

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I kept hearing these are semi-sheer powders to set mu with & so didn't think purchasing Honey for my NC25 skin would be too far fetched.Plus it was the second yellow tone shade online; well boy was I wrong! Its like 3 shades DARKER & orangey, so couldn't even use it as a bronzer, although the color is dark enough on me to contour with. Works decently as a blush/all over lid color. It is finely milled, caused no breakouts, goes on smoothly & lasts all day; but until I see this in my Target for accurate 'live' color selections...I will not be experimenting with online guesses (as with most e.l.f products---the $$$$ misses add up to > outweigh the $hits)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across this powder at target and for a $ 1 just had to try it. Its really a great product for the price. The packaging looks cheap, but really what do you expect for a dollar? I got the honey shade and it actually matched my skin tone very well (I'm naturally medium tan in the winter). The most important thing for me about this powder was that it did not break me out. I used the little poof it came with since a brush will most likely make the powder crumble and the package is too tiny to hold all the crumbles in. I use the poof to tap some all over my face then blend it all in. it did a fantastic job covering up my acne scars. i did find that if you moisturize well, you won't deal with any chalkiness. supple skin = evenly blended powder. at the end of the day, the powder had not worn off and i noticed that my skin was actually less oily than usual. give this a try! it also contains salicylic acid which is a plus!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by runwaterfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this product to be okay, I like a matte finish to my makeup and for a certain amount of time it did that. I am quite fair and it made my skin a little yellowy. I wouldn't buy it again because for a little more money I could get a better powder, However it is definitely worth a try. Especially for beginners in makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I honestly don't like this product. I honestly think that baby powder would give a better job in absorbing oil and mattifying my face. I found that it doesn't last on my face at all and I had to constantly reapply this almost by the hour. Really disappointed with this.

EDIT!

This is probably the most drastic change of heart I have ever had in a makeup product. First of all, buying a whole lighter color that was more yellow tone, I use this on top of my tinted moisturizer and garnier roll on to give more coverage and wear to my summer foundation routine in order to set it.
I already have two of these in my bag and i think this will be my new powder since it's so cheap and does the job perfectly. I don't know how I come to hate it the first time but I must've gotten a dud at that time because this held up during the heat together with my tinted moisturizer and concealer pretty well.
I like using a kabuki brush to pat it on my face to give me good coverage without it looking too cakey. Thank god I gave this another go! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelace07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had and used this product for about a year now. I always just used my own brush to blend it in my skin and I never really noticed a difference. I mean, it gave me that matte finish but other than that I wasn't too impressed, but for the price I wasn't too upset. BUT. . .I do have to say I tried something new with the pwder and I used my brush to blend it into my face, and then I took the sponge it came with and kind of patted it into the pwder and dabbed it on my face around my trouble spots and ithen took my brush and blended it in again and I have to say I immediately noticed a difference! My skin looked so good and I was amazed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by phoebemarch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was wandering around through Target when I found this product and decided to give it a try because of the $1 price. Being that the price is about as good as you're going to get for ANY makeup product, the quality of it is surprisingly good. The EcoTools powder brush I use picks up a good amount of product and it doesn't go puffing out everywhere. I've learned not to apply too much to one area of my face because it does go on pretty matte, however this is easily controllable. The packaging is a pro and a con for me because for some reason, it doesn't snap closed, it just closes. However, I have dropped it a number of times and nothing has really broken. For $1, I would have expected super cheap packaging (meaning that it would break easily), but I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if I would buy it again, especially because I assume there are far better powders out there for only a few dollars more. I've also noticed that e.l.f. isn't available at every Target anymore, so I don't know if I'd order it online with the pricey shipping costs. If you find it, it's a convenient and fairly good buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by FluffyLlama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's so weird. It clumps up into little lumps on the surface. It doesn't help much with my face..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't do much for me. It looked chalky and way too matte, for even when I wanted a matte look. It just looked cheap sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by DASHY1022

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product that I know will continue to be in my collection. I did not like using this all over my face but rather underneath my eyes to set my concealer. When I use it this way, my concealer NEVER creases and it is only $1!! It lasts a long time as well. I love it and will repurchase :)