Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 10/3/2013 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I truly disliked this gloss. The color on me was odd, just too sheer and purply. It seemed to wear off right away, I guess I would prefer if it was more of a stain. As it wore off, it didn't go evenly, but it balled up and made my lips look like they were peeling. No good - had to toss it, Too expensive for a substandard product. Everyone loves it, but it didn't work for me.

on 10/3/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Everyone has those days where you want to rock a bold lip, but don't feel like committing to outright red or going through a primer or a lip liner. Black Honey is amazing for these days.

It's got tons of pigmentation, but it's still firmly a gloss. It seems to look amazing on all complexions, including my super pale one that's less tolerant of bold colours. It's nice and moisturizing.

It has that faint "lipstick" smell but it fades quickly. The packaging isn't up to Clinique's usual standards, though. It feels kind of cheap and the "metal" band flaked pretty quickly. This is very minor in compared to the actual product, though. You also get a lot in a tube and need to use very little, so it's a great investment!

on 9/9/2013 3:13:00 PM

I fell in love with this lipstick waaaay back in the 90s which is seriously a loooong time ago. Has such a nice sheer tint to it. A classic, a make-up staple. the best colour in that range. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

on 8/29/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been loving this color since it came in a little green pot- in fact this was probably one of my first Clinique purchases back in the 70's. I relegated it to storage for several years and eventually tossed it when it went rancid. Recently purchased a two-sided balm/gloss tube and instantly remembered why I loved it in the first place. It is the perfect natural berry shade and makes my skin look creamy in contrast. This will be a staple for me this fall and winter.

on 8/29/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Cant rave about this enough, I've bought this more than one time and no matter how many lipsticks I own, I have to ALWAYS own a tube of this. For me (not always for everyone) this is a sheer deep berry that's both dramatic and wearable..I dont know how it does that but it does. I can layer it on in the Fall, or slick it once across in the summer and no matter what, I dont look out of season. I know for some, this is drying, and I'm on maybe my millionth tube and I've not had that issue.

It also makes a great sheer tint for cheeks too!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite lip products. I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks and glosses in general because I think they make me look like a clown and I dislike the heavy greasy feeling most products have. That being said this is one of the very few lip products I use and replace on a regular basis. It adds the perfect hint of color and shine to my lips. It's noticeable but very subtle and sheer which you wouldn't expect from something that looks so dark in the tube. It also feels like a million bucks. It's not heavy or greasy at all. My only complaint is that since it's more like a balm it doesn't have great staying power but it feels so nice I don't mind reapplying a few times throughout the day. It also keeps my lips moisturized which is a plus.

on 7/26/2013 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Lovely balm like texture and subtle colour for those days when you don't want gloss or lipstick. I find this a bit too much on the purple/brown side when I use more than one layer (it makes me look a little sallow - I have very yellow undertones) but once I rub one layer in with my finger, it gives a slight berry stained look that is much more pretty! It doesn't last too long on the lips (2-3 hrs with eating) but its easy enough to reapply that it's not a problem.

A slightly more browner version of this would be 'fig jam' by revlon which I also like!

on 7/24/2013 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this as it is so effortless and always looks good. Perfect color. Perfect feel. Easy to carry and use. Love it for travel.

on 7/17/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product a lot actually. It has a nice color and the texture is very nice. Staying power isn't too long it it doesn't bother me. On my lips it comes out as a sheerish bright red. It looks pretty but I'm not really a red lipstick kind of person. I like the Rosey pink, berry, and mauve kind of shades more. But it's really nice.

Another cult product that lives up to his fame. I think this has that perfect plummy/pink/brownish shade that gives a MLBB effect. I'm sure it looks better on darker skinned ladies as I'm on the paler side and my natural lip color simply isn't brownish. However, i still think it looks great and i love the formula since it glides onto my lips without tugging and it is moisturizing.

Popular Lipsticks