Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 10/29/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love!! Nice subtle fall/winter color not to sheer & not to opaque. Very moisturizing. Slender package which is nice for carrying around in my purse.

on 10/28/2013 11:22:00 PM

Gorgeous color for the fall time. This is a very dark purple color and appears to look even darker than my lips than it does in the tube. Can almost look black if too much is put on or is not blotted after applying. My trick with this lip stick is to dot chap stick on my lips and then gentle adding Black Honey until I achieve my desired color level. I usually like the way this color looks on my lips the first time around i apply it, re-applying it, it doesn't look as nice.

on 10/28/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the better lipsticks. I have at least three at a time, one for home, one for my purse and one for at work. I've found that it looks great on everyone. And everyone likes it, tons of compliments!

on 10/27/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really like this. It is a beautiful berry color that matches darn near every look I have. It's flexible in that you can go as light as you want or layer for a more dramatic effect. I thought the price was reasonable compared to other lip products I've purchased, and for the versatility, I think it's great.
Someone mentioned that the cap falls off, and I've experienced the same thing :-/
I took off one lippie for the lack of longevity, I feel like I have to reapply often, and more if I've been eating.

on 10/24/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oily. Overpriced. Looks very unflattering. I wanted so badly to like this.

on 10/22/2013 8:23:00 PM

More pigmented than I expected, that's for sure, but I've learned to work with that. What I don't like is how quickly it fades unless you layer it on quite thick/dark. I will try a different product before repurchasing this one I think.

on 10/22/2013 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The legendary Black Honey. I first heard about this lipstick in a YouTube review. The reviewer claimed this looks different and yet flattering on everyone. What a claim, right? I rushed out to get this and I've got to say it's one of my staples after 2 years. Yes, it looks dark in the tube. But the formula is sheer, so the color relies on the shade of your actual lips. Because of that, you really can't go wrong. This deepens my lips to a flattering burgundy. It's great if you want to try a darker lip color but don't want to go for the fully matte, opaque dark shades. Beautiful for the colder seasons.

The formula is sheer and I'm able to build the color up slightly. Feels like a lip balm. Easy to reapply without a mirror.

My only gripe is with the packaging. The thin metal tube is nice and sleek, but it's absolute crap at staying closed in my bag. I've found this open in my bag a number of times, which is unsanitary and forces me to waste some product in order to make sure it's clean.

Tip: Clinique includes this as a GWP quite often and you can purchase this quite cheaply on eBay. The packaging is plastic, but it is much more secure. I would much rather go this route next time I run out.

on 10/7/2013 4:47:00 PM

This is a gorgeous colour. It looks very dark in tube but actually comes out a nice deep Berry on my lips. I love this for a glam night out. I have the gloss too but not as keen on that

on 10/3/2013 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I truly disliked this gloss. The color on me was odd, just too sheer and purply. It seemed to wear off right away, I guess I would prefer if it was more of a stain. As it wore off, it didn't go evenly, but it balled up and made my lips look like they were peeling. No good - had to toss it, Too expensive for a substandard product. Everyone loves it, but it didn't work for me.

on 10/3/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Everyone has those days where you want to rock a bold lip, but don't feel like committing to outright red or going through a primer or a lip liner. Black Honey is amazing for these days.

It's got tons of pigmentation, but it's still firmly a gloss. It seems to look amazing on all complexions, including my super pale one that's less tolerant of bold colours. It's nice and moisturizing.

It has that faint "lipstick" smell but it fades quickly. The packaging isn't up to Clinique's usual standards, though. It feels kind of cheap and the "metal" band flaked pretty quickly. This is very minor in compared to the actual product, though. You also get a lot in a tube and need to use very little, so it's a great investment!

Popular Lipsticks