Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.1

on 12/9/2008 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love the light shimmer but i find it hard to catch much pigments and realize that i tend to over-do the shimmer in order to get some colours. I suppose that is due to my yellowish undertone though.

The lighter shades worked well as an eyeshadow and i suppose if a nude highlighter's what you're looking for, this is good. It stayed on for quite a few hours and gives a very gentle glow when used lightly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just got my first shimmerbrick and I'm really impressed. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and it held up well in the mail, which was one of my concerns. The color's prettier than I thought it would be, and it's not quite as shimmery as the name implies, at least imo. I have this and Petticoat from MAC, and I prefer the shimmerbrick. They both give a lot of shimmer, but the shimmerbrick gives me the right amount. It's the perfect color for my pale skin, and it looks great over pink blushes or alone. I have to apply this with an extremely light hand, because it's really easy to get too much color.

on 9/27/2008 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous color that gives a rosy glow to cheeks and all over face. The only complaint is that both of my BB shhimmer bricks have crumbled after about 6 months. I

on 8/29/2008 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think this falls somewhere in between the Pink shimmerbrick and Peony shimmerbrick - not as bright as Peony but more pigmented than Pink. I like that I can use it by itself for a subtle touch of cool rosy color (albeit a very shimmery touch!) or as a highlighter over pink blushes. Since I have to use a somewhat heavy hand to get this to show up on my fair skin, I can't imagine it working on medium or dark skins as a blush, only as a highlighter, so I'm not sure if it's worth purchasing if you don't have fair skin and already own a highlighter. For pale skin though this is a good buy.

on 6/27/2008 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color wasn't for my fair-medium skin. It just didn't give me the right flush. Brownie was a little too dark and brownish. On darker skin, it's perfect. Pink quartz is just right for me. Why do the best ones always get discontinued? I think Brownie and Pink Quartz were the best ones she ever made. They last forever, which helps with the price. You can play around with the various shades for shading and highlighting. This brick isn't as good to wear on your eyes - too rosy. Brownie and Pink Quartz are better colors to put on your eyes too. There's a fair bit of shimmer, but that's the point. If you have big pores or feeling like having a "natural" looking day, don't put this one on. I think the shimmer is pretty and I can be shimmer-shy if it's too sparkly.

on 6/19/2008 12:34:00 PM

very nice shimmerbrick. i love the color. on my NC25-30 skin, it gives me a beautiful pink glow. i havent try this as an eyeshadow but i think i wouldnt like it as e/s because i dont wear pink e/s.

this can emphasize huge pores if you have that so be careful. to me this is worth trying and worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like this shimmer brick, but it's not my favorite of my three shimmer bricks that I own (Rose, Apricot, Bronze). On the cheeks, the color is pigmented enough to look rosy. On your eyes, it can look REALLY pink, so beware. But in certain lighting this can look really pretty. I still prefer Bronze over this one.

on 5/16/2008 10:44:00 AM

This is my second shimmerbrick, and I just picked it up yesterday at Saks. I went there to test out La Mer products, and the SA insisted I try this shimmerbrick, even though I told him I already had the Pink one. As soon as he put it on, I fell in love with it. It's more pigmented than the Pink one, but still looks great on my fair skin. I love that you only need to swirl your brush quickly over the top, and you're able to get a nice amount of color that still looks natural. I use it with the Face Blender Brush from Bobbi Brown, and they make a great combination. The SA also used this shimmerbrick as eyeshadow, and it looked amazing. Very versatile product, and worth every penny!

on 4/28/2008 12:14:00 PM

This shimmer is just ok. I do not like how it looks on my skin - it seems very cakey. The Shimmer is alright - but not worth the money in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bobbie Brown Rose Shimmerbrick is a great product IMO. On my skin it's a gorgeous rosey-pink with superfine, paler pink shimmers that creates a flushed, radiant glow. Rose gives just the right amount of shimmer without highlighting my pores at all. There is enough pigment in this blush that you can build it and wear alone, however it's sheer enough to be layered over another cheek product.
I would say say that this was cool-nuetral toned product but I think it would suit all skin tones.
I love this product! it provides the perfect amount of shimmer to brighten up my face (looks great in winter for that flushed-from-the-cold look.) Will definitly purchase again-it is my favourite Shimmerbrick thus far.
Click continue for pictures-