August 27, 2014 | 902 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by morphjl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous color that gives a rosy glow to cheeks and all over face. The only complaint is that both of my BB shhimmer bricks have crumbled after about 6 months. I

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this falls somewhere in between the Pink shimmerbrick and Peony shimmerbrick - not as bright as Peony but more pigmented than Pink. I like that I can use it by itself for a subtle touch of cool rosy color (albeit a very shimmery touch!) or as a highlighter over pink blushes. Since I have to use a somewhat heavy hand to get this to show up on my fair skin, I can't imagine it working on medium or dark skins as a blush, only as a highlighter, so I'm not sure if it's worth purchasing if you don't have fair skin and already own a highlighter. For pale skin though this is a good buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

This color wasn't for my fair-medium skin. It just didn't give me the right flush. Brownie was a little too dark and brownish. On darker skin, it's perfect. Pink quartz is just right for me. Why do the best ones always get discontinued? I think Brownie and Pink Quartz were the best ones she ever made. They last forever, which helps with the price. You can play around with the various shades for shading and highlighting. This brick isn't as good to wear on your eyes - too rosy. Brownie and Pink Quartz are better colors to put on your eyes too. There's a fair bit of shimmer, but that's the point. If you have big pores or feeling like having a "natural" looking day, don't put this one on. I think the shimmer is pretty and I can be shimmer-shy if it's too sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

very nice shimmerbrick. i love the color. on my NC25-30 skin, it gives me a beautiful pink glow. i havent try this as an eyeshadow but i think i wouldnt like it as e/s because i dont wear pink e/s.

this can emphasize huge pores if you have that so be careful. to me this is worth trying and worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this shimmer brick, but it's not my favorite of my three shimmer bricks that I own (Rose, Apricot, Bronze). On the cheeks, the color is pigmented enough to look rosy. On your eyes, it can look REALLY pink, so beware. But in certain lighting this can look really pretty. I still prefer Bronze over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

This is my second shimmerbrick, and I just picked it up yesterday at Saks. I went there to test out La Mer products, and the SA insisted I try this shimmerbrick, even though I told him I already had the Pink one. As soon as he put it on, I fell in love with it. It's more pigmented than the Pink one, but still looks great on my fair skin. I love that you only need to swirl your brush quickly over the top, and you're able to get a nice amount of color that still looks natural. I use it with the Face Blender Brush from Bobbi Brown, and they make a great combination. The SA also used this shimmerbrick as eyeshadow, and it looked amazing. Very versatile product, and worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by C0nny

This shimmer is just ok. I do not like how it looks on my skin - it seems very cakey. The Shimmer is alright - but not worth the money in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryBlondeMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bobbie Brown Rose Shimmerbrick is a great product IMO. On my skin it's a gorgeous rosey-pink with superfine, paler pink shimmers that creates a flushed, radiant glow. Rose gives just the right amount of shimmer without highlighting my pores at all. There is enough pigment in this blush that you can build it and wear alone, however it's sheer enough to be layered over another cheek product.
I would say say that this was cool-nuetral toned product but I think it would suit all skin tones.
I love this product! it provides the perfect amount of shimmer to brighten up my face (looks great in winter for that flushed-from-the-cold look.) Will definitly purchase again-it is my favourite Shimmerbrick thus far.
Click continue for pictures-

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ansleighh

i really like this simmer brick. The rose had more pigment and I like how it looks on my cheek bones.It really gives you that red carpet glow and I even use a little swoosh on my eye lids and it is quite lovely. Will be back for more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I'm a PPP and I use it as a blusher. It gives a lovely colour and leaves my cheeks with a lovely glow without being glittery. I wear it every day and don't use anything else anymore. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.