MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 10/14/2011 4:07:00 PM

I bought this lipstick on a whim when I was in Budapest. The color is a beautiful beigebrownish- pink. It is perfect for everyday wear. I use this one on almost a daily basis with whirl lipliner from mac. Nice combo. The only thing about this satin lipstick is that it feels a little bit drying, so it is nice to have a gloss on top. I use a littlebit of a clear gloss on top of it.

on 10/14/2011 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I bought this color after watching some youtube videos on reviewers that loved this color. It looked so pretty in the tube, I wanted to give it a whirl. This color is a pretty nude pink on my lips with slightly warm undertones. The formula is a bit drying for my lips compared to other MAC satin lipsticks I own. But the color just works with my skin to give me a very finished polished look. Then while reaching for this color this morning, I realized this was my second tube. I actually owned this color without realizing it! I know why I never reached for it -- I was always hesitant about these types of colors on my pigmented uneven lips. Using a matching lipliner or one that is slightly dark helps a lot. I also love mixing this with peachstock to make it more wearable. Definitely a new staple for me.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is my favorite lipstick I have ever owned in my life! It is beautiful, and very easy to wear. It's a very natural color, very nudey-pink, which is nice to wear when you don't want to be wearing obvious lipstick. I enjoy wearing this with either MAC Lipglass in Nymphette or MAC Lustreglass in Pinkart.

on 8/24/2011 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

this is my very first few MAC lipsticks and I absolutely love it. despite it having blue undertones, it works great on my tan/warm NC 30 skintone! It gives me this natural, pinkish tone to my very pigmented/slightly dark lips. I cannot even express how much i love this lipstick. Instantly brightens up my face.

a must have for tan girls!

on 7/23/2011 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am in love with this lippie! I have really been into lipstick and nailpolish lately. Not sure why...ANYWAY! I am loving the way this looks on me. I think its a staple. I have been wearing it like it's new. Since it is a more bluetone pink it looks marvelous on dark skin. The only drawback is the formula MAC uses in these make the lips feel a little dry, but only a small price to pay for a beautiful color. I like to pair mine up with a pink lipgloss. Kissable.

on 7/10/2011 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This color is ok. I was looking for a nude-pink, and Brave qualifies, but it doesn't wow me. It's definitely a blue-based color, so it will be either hit or miss depending on your skin tone. I prefer Cosmo to Brave, but I like the Satin formula because it's longer lasting. I got this for free with the recycling program, so in a couple of months, I'll be recycling this one! :)

on 6/17/2011 5:35:00 AM

Brave is one of my favorite most purchased lipsticks, the color really suits my skin tone, it give a pale pinky color , not too pale, just the perfect light shade for an everyday use. I don't remember when I first bought it but it was from the first lipsticks I got from Mac along with Hug Me and Cosmo.
But I will have to admit that it's a bit drying comparing to other MAC lipsticks which I find it very weird since it not a matte product, but I don't find it a big problem and it doesn't bother me at all, I just have to apply lip moisturizer first or lipgloss on top.
This is definitely one of my favorites and I buy it every time I finish one.

To be honest, this color wasn't flattering on me. I have pale asian skin, and if you're asian too, don't get this lipstick. Its also a little drying, and not long-lasting at all (i don't think mac lipsticks last that long). I put it on and it lasted me a few hours, and if I eat anything at all then the lipstick is for sure gone. just not a flattering color overall.

on 6/6/2011 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the overpriced amount i paid for this: $36, i would repurchase this because of how much i love the colour and texture. The colour is so flattering! And looks pretty good on almost all my clients. The smell is also so yummy! The staying power on this lipstick is AMAZING! I had a lip wax, and ate a sandwich and this stuff did not budge! Wth!?
Definatley my HG lipstick.

on 5/30/2011 1:45:00 AM

I really like this color. It's the closest I can get to a nude lip still looking natural and healthy. I'm giving it 4 stars because of the formulation - I think the satin formula, although it has a nice staying power, is too drying on my lips. If it wasn't for that, it would be a 5. I really like this lipstick and will probably buy again.

Popular Lipsticks