July 22, 2014 | 1744 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tan skin (NC42 ish) and very pigmented lips. On my skin tone and lip color, Brave is about as light of a pink as I can go without looking clowinsh, but for people with lips that aren't as deep as mine, this is probably the perfect mid-tone pink.
...
And now for the formula. I love MAC's satin finish lipsticks as they are pigmented, matte and long-wearing compared to glossy finishes. However, this one seemed less smooth than other MAC satins. I think this is because there is a very subtle pearl shimmer in this that makes it feel a bit chalky. This was an unnecessary ingredient in the product since it doesn't really show up as a shimmer, yet alters the texture.

Overall, good color payoff, but the texture feels chalkier than other MAC satins.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cool toned mauve. This color on me has something bold yet nude to it. I enjoy it all the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by solvinate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For reference I am NC25-30 with blond hair and blue eyes. MAC Brave didn't do anything to enhance my coloring, so I returned it.

For those looking for a matching l/l, the SA recommended I try MAC Whirl l/l which compliments this color nicely.

The texture was a bit drying, but I think it would be fine with a balm underneath.

A better match color in a similar range, would be MAC Cosmo for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MissCammo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color but it's a little bit drying...If your lips are in good conditions go get it but i don't suggest it if your lips are already dry.I wasn't sure at first because i was more into pink shades for my lips but now i wear more shades and i experiment more with my make up :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the shade of Brave, but its not something I wear often because its quite dark on my lips.

Also, I'm kind of unsure of how I like the Satin finish of this lipstick. Its the only one I own, and I kind of like it for the reason that it has more of a classic look to it, but in return its drying and it makes all the lines in my lips way prominent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hellorita24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lipstick cause you can wear it day or night, and it's one of those perfect beigey pinks! I would buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It wasn't too bad overall. The color was a beigeish pink, unfortunately too beigeish for my liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lipstick color. It's the color of my lips only more intense (I'm an N3 but I have darker rosy lips). It's perfect for the day and I like layering on a lighter colored lipgloss during the day, but it works for night too when I put on a darker lipgloss. The longest I've known this color to last was 3 hours--I had been at work for about 3 hours when I went to get a drink of coffee and there was lipstick on the cup after I drank it! I've never had a color last for that long. I'm always going to have this lipstick in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a great everyday color. This is pretty much the same color as my lips but more muted. It is drying though, but it has amazing staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

I love brave!! This is not an astounding unique colour, this is just the perfect everyday rosy natural lipstick that is just beautiful everytime you put it on. It's a comfortable colour that you're going to get a lot of wear from and therefore worth the $16.50 CDN. Like all MAC satins, it has good pigmentation, is nice and smooth, and smells delicous (like vanilla cupcakes!). Only downside is that I find it slighty drying but the trade off is that it actually stays on. I can have a cup of coffee and brave will still be there, maybe not as fresh as when first applied but my lips are still obviously stained. My favourite everyday lippie of the moment!